The Rumour Thread

20 minutes ago, Jeremierty said:

Hi folks ! What do you think about the rumored limitation of only 3 endless spells per army for a 2000 point game ? 

Do you think it will improve the game ?

Yes, certainly. 3 is more than enough, and when you consider your opponent can have 3 as well, the board can become impassable to some armies. One of their primary uses is to create area denial, but there's a point where that becomes a bad play experience for some armies that simply cannot get around it.

3 should be enough for any army, and even then I've had bad play experiences with just 3; Darkfire Demonrift combined with Be'lakor can become egregious when he decides that your big thing is going to sit still on that spell that is dealing 6 mortal wounds to everything it touches and then do it again when he moves it. And this is a tame example of what's possible.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Jeremierty said:

Hi folks ! What do you think about the rumored limitation of only 3 endless spells per army for a 2000 point game ? 

I think it will prevent too much terrain blocking for certain armies. So imo a good change. Especially if it turns into the age of mega casters. (As I think vince venturella dubbed it)

• Like 1

Not sure how many would be interested but today a mobile game called Era of Chaos, developed in the Might & Magic world, published a survey. Between all questions there was one related to potential cross-overs and aside different famous videogame brands there were also Warhammer 40k and Age of Sigmar specifically mentioned. 
I know I get excited for little but the fact that they could do a cross-over means they have at least a previous agreement with GW. And cross-overs usually are bidirectional, but I wouldn’t know which AoS game would be in that case. 
Either way I though it was interesting to share, could mean absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lemonicus said:

It does look a lot like the Varghulf wings.

2 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

I checked and it does not match exactly neither the winged FECs or zombie dragon or terrorgheist.

It does looks like undead although.

It seems to have metal cabling inside, though. Resembles 40k Nurgle aestethic the most.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Gw often do sets of rumour images that turn out to be from the same faction or even the same model. This plus rusty pipes and gloopy claw strongly suggests 40k Nurgle my least favourite faction. There's still plenty of AOS stuff to be excited about, especially that seraphon thing. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Rumour Engine July 7th 2020

Is this Nurgle related? Tyranid? FEC? Soulblight?

M8w8tEdK1M4tCn51.jpg

Blatantly a ripped sail from the upcoming Vampire Coast Release!

I typed that then remembered the weird crab thing from a while back oh dear 😅

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

As much as I'd love to take it as a sign of the Vampire Coast, the vaguely organic-looking cabling with exposed metal is one of the main motifs of 40k chaos since 6th edition. The boils and pockmarks also suggest Nurgle.

The tricky thing is figuring what is actually is... Even as a bat-like wing it's confusing in its shape. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeremierty said:

I think it was a good idea but the overall effect will be negligible outside of Tzeentch and Hallowheart lists.

Endless spells are relatively balanced due to their inherent cost combined with casting restrictions for the faction ones. Also endless spells require a caster (which cost points) and can be unbound. So their is already multiple levels of tax in bringing them.

Some of the spells can do some pretty crazy stuffbut I think that is more a result of an OP faction than issues with the endless spells themselves. For example, the Soulscream bridge is pretty good, but it only jumps into the realm of OP when hallowheart wizards start casting it at +4. 

5 hours ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

same here, a tournament is just 5 games to me. I also usually get stomped from those lists but since i really dont care mutch abount winning i just try to be as annoying as possible and try to make them score as little points as i can :P
all of this in game ofc, im always very polite and playful

I think there might be an issue of unrealistic expectations for some people.  I know that I have to be vigilant to avoid falling into this trap:

1) I want to bring an army that I enjoy for various reasons such as: I have it painted and want to show it off; there is a single neat synergy that is fun; other people aren't using it so it stands out; I enjoy the lore surrounding the characters and units.

2) I want to have a good chance to actually win, not just to play some games.

These two goals are, mostly, incompatible.  Unless the sub-reasons in 1) end up aligning by chance with the current trends of the game in the local area (here, for @Sleboda I will avoid using the m-word).  Which happily occurred for me for a few months with Flesheater Courts - that was entirely a fluke, as I had a 1) army ready to go based on the previous terrible battletome, that was just an Arch-Regent away from what settled down to be the FEC netlist while it ruled the roost.

If you are writing a list based on 1), you cannot reasonably expect 2).  As a "chump", I always end up leaning toward 1), and have to force myself to accept that 2) just ain't gonna happen.

(ETA:  For me, the one time I tried to chase 2) deliberately it was a hot mess.  I went for shooty Stormcast right at the start of the Sacrosanct Chamber, that we all thought was overpowered for the first 5 seconds that the battletome was out but quickly realized was not actually all that great.)

Edited by amysrevenge
  • Like 3

The ironweld arsenal is mentioned as having cannonballs in the brand new lumineth book. This can only mean we are going to be getting an ironweld arsenal army in the near future. I'm expecting cannons, armoured gunners and cogforts of some sort for sure. Probably by next year.

5 minutes ago, TheMuphinMan said:

so in a leak photo, I saw LoA profiles above the maggotkin profiles but none of the other FW models alongside their respective armies. Are chaos dwarves coming to plastic?

I think the forge world range not embedded into an army are out of production and finished rules wise. The chaos dwarf featured in war cry leads me to believe that's all there is and the race of chaos dwarfs as a conceptualized army is dead.

18 minutes ago, TheMuphinMan said:

so in a leak photo, I saw LoA profiles above the maggotkin profiles but none of the other FW models alongside their respective armies. Are chaos dwarves coming to plastic?

I'm pretty sure the giant Khorne dragon was listed in the Khorne profiles. I'd love to see CD in plastic but we don't have any evidence to indicate that.

43 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

I'm pretty sure the giant Khorne dragon was listed in the Khorne profiles. I'd love to see CD in plastic but we don't have any evidence to indicate that.

kind of weird that only LoA and Vorgorath are included and not Gloomspite stuff still in production (troll hag, squig gobba and collosal squig) didn't check mournghul

Edited by TheMuphinMan

1 hour ago, Icegoat said:

I think the forge world range not embedded into an army are out of production and finished rules wise. The chaos dwarf featured in war cry leads me to believe that's all there is and the race of chaos dwarfs as a conceptualized army is dead.

Chaos Duardin are also mentioned in Wrath of the Everchosen.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TheMuphinMan said:

kind of weird that only LoA and Vorgorath are included and not Gloomspite stuff still in production (troll hag, squig gobba and collosal squig) didn't check mournghul

Those things are all in the Monstrous Arcanum section that hasn't been leaked yet afaik

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The_Dudemeister said:

Those things are all in the Monstrous Arcanum section that hasn't been leaked yet afaik

I've seen the GHB page now on 4chan, here are the changes:

Mourngul 270 (-10)

Rogue Idol 420 (+20)

Warpgnaw VVerminlord 270 (+10)

Exalted Greater Daemon of Khorne 520 (-20)

Exalted Greater Daemon of Nurgle 390 (-10)

Skaarac the Bloodborne 410 (-10)

Soulfeaster, Keeper of Secrets 370 (+10)