The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Even if it only is a Narrative thing only, It probably still see a ton of use in my local club 

It's actually for all modes of playing, but you need the opponents / TO permission to use them with a conversion rate of points = 10x the destiny points used.

• LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, schwabbele said:

I kinda feel I am alone with this, but I wish GW wouldn’t send out any copies early. Those leaks are so annoying. 

I've changed my opinion on this over the years.  At one point I loved the leaks it was great finding out little bits and pieces and discussing them.  More recently I've found they can cause more upset and unpleasantness than they're worth, because we end up arguing and debating when we don't actually have all the information.  It also frustrates me that in many cases, somebody has been lucky enough to get a preview copy but decided to break their NDA and leak it.  It risks GW not sending out those preview copies in the future

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

36 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I've changed my opinion on this over the years.  At one point I loved the leaks it was great finding out little bits and pieces and discussing them.  More recently I've found they can cause more upset and unpleasantness than they're worth, because we end up arguing and debating when we don't actually have all the information.  It also frustrates me that in many cases, somebody has been lucky enough to get a preview copy but decided to break their NDA and leak it.  It risks GW not sending out those preview copies in the future

To be fair when we get leaks it's normally either 1) pictures of models or 2) the full rules of something. 

In either case its hard to misunderstand. 

Most people with preview copies just read the rules out anyway. Had it been BAU we would have all the points changes already (other than the online only errata) via previews just reading them out.

I don't really think GW cares about leaks as most of the time they just generate interest anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

Its does cause a bit of unpleasantness but the hype it creates is beyond a doubt. All of my normally calm AOS FB groups are bristling with excited chat over the point changes and rule updates. 

The excitement is infectious and im seeing old players return to the chats. 

I would happily see all the NDAs broken if it meant more people participating in the hobby!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, schwabbele said:

I kinda feel I am alone with this, but I wish GW wouldn’t send out any copies early. Those leaks are so annoying. 

I mean each to their own, but Im curious as to why you find it annoying. The "leaks" are really just 1 week in advance. Typically man-who-reads-book would have spoiled everything the moment things went up on pre-order anyways, but this time he wasnt sent a copy (he received 40k stuff though).

When Im following a series or about to watch a movie, I dont want the plot and ending spoiled for me, but rules in a tactical board game is something completely different. With the leaks nothing is spoiled - To me it is all about taking it all the rules, understand them and learn them.

• Like 1

Just dont engage into silly debates when we havent received the full picture? If someone else wants to, let them. I dont see how this hurts or bothers you in any way.

It isnt necessary people that received books early to preview - Retailers get them early, and some of them do distribute the books prior to the official release date.

Am I the only one who thinks that at least some of these leaks come straight from GW? The stuff that gets leaked, the timing, how it's supposedly people ready to break their NDA but rather than show everything they simply show the new stuff piecemeal the week or so before the release? Almost like trying to build up hype and make people want to pre-purchase it to get the full information the day it comes out...

I'd call it a tinfoil hat theory if it didn't feel so obvious to me.

Edited by Gistradagis
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Just dont engage into silly debates when we havent received the full picture? If someone else wants to, let them. I dont see how this hurts or bothers you in any way.

Not sure I'd be doing my job as a mod very well if I took this approach 😉

• Haha 1

Its not a problem when review copies are sent because instead of half wondering and squinting at blurry leaks we actually have all the information.

This is some sort of weird hybrid case where we dont have any actual reviews of the content, and just have random pages from people that received the book early.

Not sure I'd be doing my job as a mod very well if I took this approach 😉

You can moderate a forum without engaging in a meaingingless debate.

4 minutes ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

at this point i dont even know if GHB2020 will drop as soon as 2021

The GHB20 is coming this saturday?

6 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Rumour question, do we think AOS 3.0 will drop in 2021? Have the delays in things perhaps shifted it till 2022? Or was 2021 not a realistic release anyway?

2021 is pretty likely. Aos 1 was 3 years, 40k 8th was 3 years. In 2021 aos 2 will have been out for 3 years.

I doubt covid has impacted their release schedule that much. Any production delay caused by the temporary factory shutdown is equalled out by the release shutdown. 

Most design, art, rules etc work can be done from home so likely didn't suffer any real delay.

As tomes and codexes are carried from edition to edition a new "edition " basically just means some core rule updates and a chance to sell a new set.

I would predict campaign books in late 2020 and early 2021 followed by aos 2 in summer 2021.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

32 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

2021 is pretty likely. Aos 1 was 3 years, 40k 8th was 3 years. In 2021 aos 2 will have been out for 3 years.

I doubt covid has impacted their release schedule that much. Any production delay caused by the temporary factory shutdown is equalled out by the release shutdown. 

Most design, art, rules etc work can be done from home so likely didn't suffer any real delay.

As tomes and codexes are carried from edition to edition a new "edition " basically just means some core rule updates and a chance to sell a new set.

I would predict campaign books in late 2020 and early 2021 followed by aos 2 in summer 2021.

God I cannot wait for the next Campaign book!! It goes Sons of Behemat, Campaign Book and AOS 3.0 in terms of my hyped releases for AOS.

I guess we cant even begin to ponder what the next Narrative for the Core Book will be until after the next Campaign Book.

3 hours ago, HollowHills said:

models or 2) the full rules of something. 

In either case its hard to misunderstand. 

It’s rarely the full rules. It’s usually one rule. Internet reacts like the internet does and only later context is added during the full release. 

8 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

The Hysh item seems to be arguably the best in most cases...

7 hours ago, Gistradagis said:

Hysh's artefact looks good to me.

Except it looks like it`s reroll 1 to hit, not reroll all hits so 16% increase in output, and you cannot use it to fish for 6 to trigger MW, it saves CP at least

• Like 1

8 hours ago, schwabbele said:

Im with you. Those leaks show no context. Hissy fits all around. And some high giving to be fair. 
but in the end they would be better off just doing some articles this week. 
review shows with full acces to the book are different imo. 

for example ive seen multiple posts on different media that the Frostlord on stonehorn is dead an GW shafted the army. because no more ethereal  and people misunderstanding the new ‘just one after wound save’ rule.

if they had done an article on that, some people would still be getting their pitchforks but they at least would get the rule right. or no more ethereal amulet would immediately be followed by the new realm artefacts. 

in the end GW seems to know what their doing marketingwise* and they have the data so this probably works best. But yeah, I’d rather have no early copies meaning no leaks. Than early copies and some leaks.  

* added to avoid further misunderstandings. 

Edited by Kramer
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 minutes ago, Kramer said:

in the end GW seems to know what their doing and they have the data so this probably works best.

Yeah right lol.

If GW knew what they were doing balance wise we wouldn't get slaanesh and OBR with 80% win ratios (excluding mirror matches).

If you have a good understanding of the game you can very easily spot an overpowered or underpowered rule.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Boar said:

Except it looks like it`s reroll 1 to hit, not reroll all hits so 16% increase in output, and you cannot use it to fish for 6 to trigger MW, it saves CP at least

yep, checked it in the leak and it's actually reroll 1s to hit -literally the generic CA. Sooo, is this a sign that they are reworking generic CAs?

Via age of miniatures:

The following armies (all battletomes from Cities of Sigmar onwards) will not have points changes in the actual GBH 2020, but will get an update in digital form ( faq/errata):

Cities of Sigmar

Ossiarch Bonereapers

Ogor Mawtribes

Slaves to Darkness

Kharadron Overlords

Disciples of Tzeentch

Seraphon