The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Azamar said:

Sorry that was a bad example then (and means I didn’t spot it was wrong when I was on the receiving end it). But my point was that you can still make an armour save, then use an ability to ignore each wound suffered. 

Fwiw, I totally agree negating a wound isn’t the same as deflecting it to another friendly unit, so you can still make both with the new rule. That was just the biggest (albeit incorrect) number of stacking rolls I could think of.

Yeah I wasnt trying to be a **** or anything, was just giving details so you can be prepared next battle! Or not if this new rule is true haha

• Like 1

I'm really excited about the hero creator, I can't wait to see everyone's mashups and conversions because of this system.

Plus it really adds to a new Warhammer Quest box imo. With all those rumour engines. It would fit nicely to have a new hero centered box which players can then take over to AoS with new heroes they can kitbash or use as they are. 

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I'm really excited about the hero creator, I can't wait to see everyone's mashups and conversions because of this system.

Plus it really adds to a new Warhammer Quest box imo. With all those rumour engines. It would fit nicely to have a new hero centered box which players can then take over to AoS with new heroes they can kitbash or use as they are. 

And maybe use them in a warhammer quest. Would be awesome. 

somebodt else thought of this. But it’s now what I’m most excited about. 
those ‘missing’ heroes. 
A gore grunta mounted Ironjawz hero, or a mournfang mounted ogor hero. and there’s definitely more. 
Really looking forward to those conversions. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I predict that nobody cares since it's not legal for matched play except someone would create a special tournament around that rule

which i can't see.

People will do 1 or 2 heroes and then lose interest. It's similar to the new small battle size, introduced last year.

They played 1 or 2 matches and then went back to normal

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

I predict that nobody cares since it's not legal for matched play except someone would create a special tournament around that rule

which i can't see.

People will do 1 or 2 heroes and then lose interest. It's similar to the new small battle size, introduced last year.

They played 1 or 2 matches and then went back to normal

Nobody solely interested in matched play perhaps. 
this will definitely (unless it’s badly executed) be the starting point for all our campaigns. 

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

I absolutely can’t wait to play around with the hero creator. All my armies (and characters) are converted and I love writing lore to bring them to life, but I’ve always had to ‘make do’ with proxies on the table. Nobody I play against would bat an eyelid about me bringing a lore-friendly hero I’ve created to game and I couldn’t be more excited! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I absolutely can’t wait to play around with the hero creator. All my armies (and characters) are converted and I love writing lore to bring them to life, but I’ve always had to ‘make do’ with proxies on the table. Nobody I play against would bat an eyelid about me bringing a lore-friendly hero I’ve created to game and I couldn’t be more excited! 

Yeah I'm most excited for this. Going from the choice of a 5 wound vamp to 440 point dragon lord just doesnt cut it. I cant wait for the options.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Maier666 said:

Should'nt today be the GMG Review for the GHB? Or is it because of the 40k Leaks that all the Contant Creators are prioritising 9th Edition? 🤔

I am also waiting for man reads book, maybe a delay because of 4th of july?

10 minutes ago, Dongilles said:

I am also waiting for man reads book, maybe a delay because of 4th of july?

Speaking as a fellow Canuck I suspect that the 4th of July is probably not making a huge difference in his review... If anything the 1st of July would have caused a delay but he got out his 9th edition review on time.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Maier666 said:

Should'nt today be the GMG Review for the GHB? Or is it because of the 40k Leaks that all the Contant Creators are prioritising 9th Edition? 🤔

Yeah, really feels like GHB 2020 got squashed under the weight of 9th edition 40k. I just want to know if heroes joining units is really going to be a thing lol.

10 minutes ago, Forrix said:

Yeah, really feels like GHB 2020 got squashed under the weight of 9th edition 40k. I just want to know if heroes joining units is really going to be a thing lol.

Quite so, considering they've said that due to 9th the updated points will come late to Azyr.

But oh man, I do wish there's heroes joining units. Hero-sniping is getting really scary in AoS.

2 hours ago, ReyD1 said:

So Sons of Behemat has no named character ?
Damn I was waiting for a surprise announcements.

Well I guess it will be a pretty limited army. I'm wondering if they will expand the line one day. Lot of things to do with Gargants in terms of crazy design etc...

I think at some point we will get a King Brodd/Leader kit. At least that's what I hope for.

There are many ways they can take the Gargants and I cannot wait to get my hands on them.

I know one of the players in my group is excited for the Hero builder.  I generally don't find any GW game enough 'serious business' to mind zany rules like character builders.  I am more curious what kind a heroes that player is going to go for considering his KO also have Fyreslayers. 

I am more on the fence about picking up the GHB as I don't really like the not mandatory-mandatory DLC nature of it.  As the same time, the pocket sized rule book Battleplans from 2018 and 2018 were way better than the earlier ones.

• LOVE IT! 1

25 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I think at some point we will get a King Brodd/Leader kit. At least that's what I hope for.

There are many ways they can take the Gargants and I cannot wait to get my hands on them.

I think everyone would be perfectly happy with the future King Brodd model just being you, laser scanned and turned into a life size mini. You are pretty much the most tireless advocate of a not yet released army anyone's ever seen!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Third said:

Where did you hear this? 😮

Today's article about the GHB in the Community website. It reads:

"A quick note for users of Azyr! We’ll be updating your Warhammer Age of Sigmar app with the new points as soon as we can, but there’ll be a small delay this year as our brave datasmiths put the finishing touches on the Warhammer 40,000 app. We’ll keep you posted, but hang tight – if you’re looking to write up-to-date lists in the meantime, crack out the pen and paper and the Pitched Battle profiles booklet!"

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

Today's article about the GHB in the Community website. It reads:

"A quick note for users of Azyr! We’ll be updating your Warhammer Age of Sigmar app with the new points as soon as we can, but there’ll be a small delay this year as our brave datasmiths put the finishing touches on the Warhammer 40,000 app. We’ll keep you posted, but hang tight – if you’re looking to write up-to-date lists in the meantime, crack out the pen and paper and the Pitched Battle profiles booklet!"

Thanks ^^ Not sure when it was planned for anyways though.. So didn't feel like I got any closer to knowing when it will actually update :) Gotta love GW and their "as soon as we can" :P 

3 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I remember the team stating each GA will be able to take a mega gargant. Wonder why they're listed with no allies. 

Cuz other factions can take them, but they don't admit anyone in their ranks. I guess?

Edited by Gistradagis

3 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I remember the team stating each GA will be able to take a mega gargant. Wonder why they're listed with no allies. 

They can be 'hired' by any army is the lore they were going for.

Sons of Behemat allegiance can have no allies, it'll be all the other armies that get an update of some kind to allow them to use one.

Kinda like bonereapers have no allies but GA death can still use them