The Rumour Thread

15 minutes ago, Beliman said:

There are a lot of units with the star-symbol on it but exactly the same points.
What does it mean? New warscroll maybe?

Could be that they where included in last years FAQ/Errata? So, basically new to to the GHB. 

9 hours ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

Everyone saying character customization would break things...we HAD character customization in WHFB all the way through, and also in 40k through 7th. Character creation didn’t break those games. Actually, Daemons in fantasy in 7th had the least customization and they’re the ones that broke fantasy. So I’m sure GW could do customization again without issue. 

The last time we had "legal" full character customization, it absolutely did wreck fair play.  I had a Bloodthirster that had an axe that contained another Bloodthirster who could summon 80 skeletons for free every turn.  Or something.

So fair. So fun.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all in favor of this stuff for narrative games, but for matched play? Nah.

Edit: I I fondly recall the ability to add weapon options, armor options, mount options and so on the basic line-characters, to pay to upgrade units with the three command models individually, and to add one model at a time to units.

It even factored in that a mounted model paid more for stuff than a foot model because the mounted model was more able to apply its upgraded abilities due to higher movement. It did the same for different level heroes (for example, a level 10 hero paid more for a great sword because he had better stats than a level 5 hero).  I really do miss 3rd edition WFB with all that plus simple & complex maneuvers, turtle formations, etc.  : wipes away wistful tear:

🙂

Edited by Sleboda