The Rumour Thread

+++ Mod Hat On +++
Back to Rumours please.

@Icegoat - enough about humans and you feeling short changed about them not getting any new models. I’m sure GW have plans and we will find out in the future but this is it now. I’m only not banning you because you have not quite crossed the line with this (even though you have been warned enough times). How about you try and enjoy cities of Sigmar and come up with some cool background for a army with humans and do lots of conversions. 

• Like 16
  • Sad 1

So I noticed that the Lumineth book notes it's rules are published for April 2020. Noting that other tomes have the month of their original publication. Would this imply we are 3 months behind on distribution;when guessing originally intended vs actual release? (looking at the Sons)

I'm assuming that GW didn't just close and go back to full capacity and it's not like they reopen and everything is at the desired production level for distribution

Also what do these GHB leaks mean for Grand alliance Allegience armies?

Edited by Evangelist of Cinders
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Evangelist of Cinders said:

I'm assuming that GW didn't just close and go back to full capacity and it's not like they reopen and everything is at the desired production level for distribution

Oh they‘re not. I‘ve been waiting on a mailstore order for a little over a month now...

Edit: Arkanaut Ironclad, Handgunners, Greatswords.

And as a separate order the Limited Edition Sororitas Battle Sister

Edited by JackStreicher

3 hours ago, Evangelist of Cinders said:

So I noticed that the Lumineth book notes it's rules are published for April 2020. Noting that other tomes have the month of their original publication. Would this imply we are 3 months behind on distribution;when guessing originally intended vs actual release? (looking at the Sons)

Hardback books are produced in China for GW and shipped overseas, so I would imagine there has been a monstrous amount of re-scheduling involved.  I think we're looking at least 3 month delay on the intended release date purely because that's how long they've been shut.  I expect some things will be longer due to shipping issues and other things likely moved up to tailor for this - am fairly sure the new version of 40k is being released on it's original planned date for example.

The new edition is a huge focus for GW, they likely can't move it much. Plus with the looming threat of local lockdowns (and GW is in Nottingham not out in the woods) they likely don't want to risk ending up sitting on it all whilst in a lockdown. 

I think the only reason we aren't seeing GW speeding up releases in general is because their back end just can't cope. Lets not forget when they re-opened they had to shut the store every night just so that they could keep up with demand and even now some armies are half out of stock even on the UK site. If they can boost their output or demand slows a little we might see them doubling up on things; but chances are they've just pushed most things 3 months on and written those 3 months of releases off. We've seen this with the adjusted Necromunda release schedule with a general push of most things moving several months on from when they were set and that is basically the "Codex" for the gangs in that game, so pretty major releases for it. 

A local GW store manager suggested that the rest of the lumineth might be released in between 40k releases during the summer. While simultaneously assuring me he didn’t know anything, sitting behind his desk with 5 lumineth boxes 😂

• Like 1

I was always a bit sceptical that the rate of releases would speed up. While a lot of their design and development work can be done remotely, there will have been hold ups and delays at just about every stage in the production pipeline. GW have been fairly quiet about how it has affected their production, but we can infer a lot from what other companies say, in this industry and beyond. If you look at any gaming kickstarter for the last few months there has been a lot of discussion about how they are juggling production and distribution. A lot of the problems those small companies are having also scale to major companies like GW. I think even if they could get everything they've been marketing out the door as quickly as possible, they wouldn't want to, since it would then be more apparent when the next few gaps in the schedule make their way through the pipe line. By going back to a slow and stead release pattern they effectively iron out those gaps, so that when the stuff they are working on now comes out, it all seems part of the plan.

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

A local GW store manager suggested that the rest of the lumineth might be released in between 40k releases during the summer. While simultaneously assuring me he didn’t know anything, sitting behind his desk with 5 lumineth boxes 😂

In fairness GW shop staff really don't get much advanced warning compared to regular fans. If anything fans might get more information if they are hunting down rumours. 

That said rumours always speed up a week or two before anything major launches, because stock starts to get shipped out overseas and such much earlier. Chances are those 9th edition rulebooks and boxes are already overseas in warehouses. The wider the circle of people gets the more chance of people breaking NDA and sneaking out info and photos. These day GW tends to roll with the punches in public in terms of major leaks - though I'm sure behind scenes people do still get in trouble. In the past GW tried the whole legal inquisition approach and it generally only earned them disfavour (heck Tabletop Combat still doesn't report on any GW releases - though honestly these days GW does well enough on their own for spreading their own news). 

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

In fairness GW shop staff really don't get much advanced warning compared to regular fans. If anything fans might get more information if they are hunting down rumours. 

That said rumours always speed up a week or two before anything major launches, because stock starts to get shipped out overseas and such much earlier. Chances are those 9th edition rulebooks and boxes are already overseas in warehouses. The wider the circle of people gets the more chance of people breaking NDA and sneaking out info and photos. These day GW tends to roll with the punches in public in terms of major leaks - though I'm sure behind scenes people do still get in trouble. In the past GW tried the whole legal inquisition approach and it generally only earned them disfavour (heck Tabletop Combat still doesn't report on any GW releases - though honestly these days GW does well enough on their own for spreading their own news). 

What happend in the Tabletop Combat situation?

Granted there could be other changes to explain it but dropping Putrid Blightkings points cost has me scratching my head. Nurgle needs help but Putrid Blightkings did not need a points drop, I consider them to be the best warscroll in the book (not counting STD and Clan Pestilins stuff).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

What happend in the Tabletop Combat situation?

Ahh not Tabletop Combat I meant Tabletop Fix http://ttfix.blogspot.com

It's basically a blog that notes all the new release information from the market. What happened to them directly was nothing, but they stopped doing GW news because GW had a big clamp down and sent nasty legal letters to some online news sites that were distributing leak information on upcoming releases. This was way back in the dark days of the Kirby era when GW was not doing any online promotion and the only advanced warning of new releases was in White Dwarf. At that time there were WAY more leaks than there are now, partly I think because a lot of higher end GW staff saw a fanbase that was information starved and eager to hear of things so more staff were willing to risk it to leak out info on upcoming things. 

Today we get WAY less leaks and most are typically only in the few weeks run up to a release anyway. Those that are from longer can also be seen to potenitally be "official leaks" 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Overread said:

Ahh not Tabletop Combat I meant Tabletop Fix http://ttfix.blogspot.com

It's basically a blog that notes all the new release information from the market. What happened to them directly was nothing, but they stopped doing GW news because GW had a big clamp down and sent nasty legal letters to some online news sites that were distributing leak information on upcoming releases. This was way back in the dark days of the Kirby era when GW was not doing any online promotion and the only advanced warning of new releases was in White Dwarf. At that time there were WAY more leaks than there are now, partly I think because a lot of higher end GW staff saw a fanbase that was information starved and eager to hear of things so more staff were willing to risk it to leak out info on upcoming things. 

Today we get WAY less leaks and most are typically only in the few weeks run up to a release anyway. Those that are from longer can also be seen to potenitally be "official leaks" 

I feel this, I left the hobby over 10 years ago, more so around 2006 (damn has it been that long?!) and back then everything new was Previewed (to my knowledge) through White Dwarf. It was horrible sometimes going 6 months to a year before hearing about anything interesting happening to WHFB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/02/generals-handbook-matched-play/

looks like Liberators are getting a point reduction.

yes-Yes

Is there a typo in here? They mention everything since GHB20 went to print will get a free update; then they mention this means everything since Cities of Sigmar. That’s seems ages ago. How long before does this thing go to print!?

13 minutes ago, AdamJ said:

Is there a typo in here? They mention everything since GHB20 went to print will get a free update; then they mention this means everything since Cities of Sigmar. That’s seems ages ago. How long before does this thing go to print!?

Looks like autumn.

13 minutes ago, michu said:

Looks like autumn.

Yes, that’s what it seems to imply. If that’s the case then they only had a few months between GHB19 and this going to print to evaluate any necessary point changes (expect the factions post Cities of Sigmar). Is this what always happens?

29 minutes ago, AdamJ said:

Keep in mind that the first thing to come out after Cities of Sigmar was Slaves to Darkness, which released on December 15th.

• Like 1