The Rumour Thread

The current story arc is orruks leading a vast army against the gate that leads to Azyr from the Realm of Beasts. It's just not really got underway because of Corona messing things up. With Giants now striding the battlefields one gets the impression that the Luminoth are going to stride forward smack right into an Orruks choppa!

22 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I hope this means they'll relinquish the forced realms for Cities. Realm gives no choice within itself, so give us choice of realms.

I heartily agree with this! As someone with a homebrew "counts as" city I'd love to be able to be more creative with my lore. I doubt it will happen but we can wish!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Overread said:

The current story arc is orruks leading a vast army against the gate that leads to Azyr from the Realm of Beasts. It's just not really got underway because of Corona messing things up. With Giants now striding the battlefields one gets the impression that the Luminoth are going to stride forward smack right into an Orruks choppa!

I truly do hope this comes to fruition and the next big Campaign is Order Vs Destruction with the Sons of Behemat playing a BIG part in the battle. Itll be interesting to see if the Sons were actually supposed to debut alongside the new Campaign book and that's why they havent been released yet. It could be a huge month for AOS with the rest of the Lumineth, Sons of Behemat and a New Campaign book launch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Maybe in AOS 3.0. I think that until the narrative goes there Azyr will remain untouched.

Most likely, but a guy can dream!

42 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I truly do hope this comes to fruition and the next big Campaign is Order Vs Destruction with the Sons of Behemat playing a BIG part in the battle.

Unavoidable pun of awesome.

44 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

I heartily agree with this! As someone with a homebrew "counts as" city I'd love to be able to be more creative with my lore. I doubt it will happen but we can wish!

I'm sure they'll open up more realms, either as some kind of campaign supplement or else when they do the next round of Battletome updates. There's simply too much fertile ground there. Personally, I'd love for them to make a list of traits that you can splice together to customize your own city. Heck, custom cities could literally be its own supplement!

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

I'm sure they'll open up more realms, either as some kind of campaign supplement or else when they do the next round of Battletome updates. There's simply too much fertile ground there. Personally, I'd love for them to make a list of traits that you can splice together to customize your own city. Heck, custom cities could literally be its own supplement!

They already have it: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/

Now just to make that crunchy

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

Lol, I knew I had seen this somewhere, I just couldn't remember if it was GW official or a community thing. Nice!

A book that expand upon this and the gives you ways to craft the command traits, artifacts, spells, and unique rules/abilities of each city would be the dream.

Are we even sure this is from the Matched Play section? Based on the page numbers, I think it could be earlier in the book, but I don't have my GHB on hand.

Edit: I should not be reading things before finishing my morning coffee, Matched Play is clearly stated multiple times.

Edited by Kaylethia
I dun goofed

20 minutes ago, Kaylethia said:

Are we even sure this is from the Matched Play section? Based on the page numbers, I think it could be earlier in the book, but I don't have my GHB on hand.

It says "for matched play" in the text.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Just one point to criticize: Why can‘t we get the artefact AND the spell of the realm our army is from? 😕

I like to think of it like this to make sense: 

- The artefact is a physical object that you discovered or earned as your army was out and about doing army stuff whilst in the realm. Whilst FOUND in the realm, it can be taken anywhere and may have no particular properties which tie it to this one realm. 

- The spell on the other hand is tied to the realm because one needs to be able to draw on the realm magic to be able to cast it. How would you be able to cast Fireball in Ulgu when there is no Aqshy realm magic around.

At least, that is how I think of it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Captura.JPG.52c769cd9a2e0308dcdca9281eefc84d.JPG

Bye bye... artifacts and spells.... Bye bye, Aqshy Scales... Eternal Amulet, Doppelganger Cloak....

I don't understand the artefact being in the Realm of Battle rules.

Are you going to pick artefacts/traits after the Realm of Battle roll? Because that could mean that we could swap artefacts between games (a bit crazy btw...)!!

4 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I don't understand the artefact being in the Realm of Battle rules.

Are you going to pick artefacts/traits after the Realm of Battle roll? Because that could mean that we could swap artefacts between games (a bit crazy btw...)!!

No. Read the text above the box.

The artifact that you could pick is the artifact from the Realm. The other rules are only for the realm where you are playing.

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:

No. Read the text above the box.

The artifact that you could pick is the artifact from the Realm. The other rules are only for the realm where you are playing.

Thanks a lot!

Didn't read that part, that clears everything!

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 9:43 PM, Overread said:

GW community reps are mostly stuck repeating the company line; if something people want isn't out the community repss can't change much, so they can note it and pass it along, but otherwise directing people are things like warcry was the right and only choice they've got. And lets be fair some of those warbands - like the Unmade - SCREAM SLAANESH from every oozing wound on them.

That said I fully expect to see Slaanesh get a chunky update at some stage - esp considering the other 3 gods have already got a good display of mortal followers. Then again I'd love them to revise depravity to make the tome more than "just take loads of those awesome keeper models" 

Actually in the white dwarf they said the Splintered fang might have Slaanesh in their future when they were discussing the warbands.  I do agree with you on the Slaanesh battletome though, it's why their topic on the forum has barely moved because all of the lists are largely the same with no variance. 

Edited by shinros

1 hour ago, shinros said:

Actually in the white dwarf they said the Splintered fang might have Slaanesh in their future when they were discussing the warbands.  I do agree with you on the Slaanesh battletome though, it's why their topic on the forum has barely moved because all of the lists are largely the same with no variance. 

Exactly and it makes me really sad because there's so many good units and models in the set; but right now its all focused on the leaders. You only take a few deamonettes for the battleline requirements. Outside of that there's really no reason to take them. They perform well, but when your leaders generate summoning power when hit and when hitting back it just creates every reason to take more leaders. It even shunts certain leaders down - why take a regular leader when that big keeper can dish out and take way more wounds and generate more depravity. Heck the fantastic looking fiends of Slaanesh are basically mothballed right now - again they perform well but at 200 points for a basic unit its just too many when you're stocking up on leaders. They don't even have battleline, so again there's no pressure to take them.

It's a battletome that's well made save for one mechanic that makes it into a one-trick-pony tome. Sure you can take other options, but you're purely doing it for the fun. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Overread said:

Exactly and it makes me really sad because there's so many good units and models in the set; but right now its all focused on the leaders. You only take a few deamonettes for the battleline requirements. Outside of that there's really no reason to take them. They perform well, but when your leaders generate summoning power when hit and when hitting back it just creates every reason to take more leaders. It even shunts certain leaders down - why take a regular leader when that big keeper can dish out and take way more wounds and generate more depravity. Heck the fantastic looking fiends of Slaanesh are basically mothballed right now - again they perform well but at 200 points for a basic unit its just too many when you're stocking up on leaders. They don't even have battleline, so again there's no pressure to take them.

It's a battletome that's well made save for one mechanic that makes it into a one-trick-pony tome. Sure you can take other options, but you're purely doing it for the fun. 

HoS are basically dead now so they'll go back to the aether and we can wait for their book in a few years.

On 6/27/2020 at 9:38 PM, Overread said:

Personally I'd really love to see GW do one of two things with Destruction.

1) Give Orruks some love - they need it and if they got the Gloomspite Gitz attention it would be fantastic for them! 

2) Give us something that is NOT an ork, ogor or giant. Ergo something that is an utterly new destruction concept from the ground up. Perhaps even a new race. Something that is just really unique and plays with the themes. 

I would love a militarized non-sigmar worshipping human society - with advanced and elegant asthetics and magical technologies. Except they are all batshit crazy and love to team up with orks. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Overread said:

And the last winter faq made it even more so. Increasing summoning points and having a locus on 5+ to any hero not a keeper means it s all 3 keeper lists now