The Rumour Thread

10 hours ago, Icegoat said:

Well the cities of sigmar forces are far more out of stock than most of the new order factions so unless they purposefully only make one unit of freeguild for every 10 fyreslayers I think it's safe to assume what gets purchased more. Also I know about of many cities of sigmar collectors. The vast array of units make it very attractive. All the new factions are two or three infantry one monster one cavalry armies. It gets old. Gw are mad to still not have a human faction out and it can only because of how well the current ones sell otherwise they would for sure try something new.  See every aos army released. Elves dead? Idoneth and lumineth. Dwarves old hat? Fyrelsayers and khatadeon. Skeletons clogging the shelves? Ossiarchs and nighthaunt. Its clear the old empire models dont have this problem.

There's no way to know the exact ratios, but they almost certainly don't make as many units of the older kits as they do the new ones. Don't get me wrong, I love some of those older kits, and wish they did do well. However its basic supply and demand. If something does well they will make more of it, if it sells less well thet will decrease production. Instability in stock levels is more likely to be an indicator of too low production, rather than too hugh sales. Yes there is some demand, and more than they expect. However that doesn't mean that it is outselling ranges which they expect to do well and produce larger stocks of. 

• Like 1

Yeah, they have best seller stuff on their store site. The only old kits I've consistently seen there are Skaven, Seraphon and parts of the Daughters of Khaine.

Otherwise it's all new stuff and former limited-supply heroes. Even the Stormcast kits from 2015 & 2017 went strong this year on best sellers despite not matching up to the competitive edge it's usual slew of DoK, Fyreslayers and Ossiarchs have.

Which isn't surprising when CoS caused more players to open their dusty storage for hordes of old models rather than go shopping besides for round bases. xD

5 hours ago, FFJump said:

Arena Mortis is also the name of a mini-game from the July White Dwarf last year. It was basically Warhammer Underworlds with only one board and one character per player. Probably a boxed version of that in a board-game style like the Warhammer Underworlds: Dreadfane?

Ohh, that's really interesting!

Dreadfane got a lot of positive reception so it might be pointing to a new wave of boardgames to keep cashing in on what it and Stormvault provided.

3 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah, they have best seller stuff on their store site. The only old kits I've consistently seen there are Skaven, Seraphon and parts of the Daughters of Khaine.

Otherwise it's all new stuff and former limited-supply heroes. Even the Stormcast kits from 2015 & 2017 went strong this year on best sellers despite not matching up to the competitive edge it's usual slew of DoK, Fyreslayers and Ossiarchs have.

In fairness, I really wouldn't trust the Best Sellers list. What gets slapped up there seems to be pretty arbitrary. If it was an actual best sellers list updated off raw purchases, the entire 40k section would literally be nothing but Primaris Space Marines. 

I mean Tyrant Guard, really

Edited by Clan's Cynic

As for expanding destruction outside of Orcs, Goblins, Ogres and Giants: I still feel like Fyreslayers and Idoneth would have both been good aesthetic fits for Destruction. I personally would also really like a faction of traditional fairytale witches in Destruction. 

One model Underworlds sounds fun but I would hope it was character focused. I feel it would be easier to balance two heroes having special feats than it would be to balance an Iron Jaw and individual skeleton... But I haven't played underworlds only checked out a few batreps of it.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Laststand said:

@Sleboda like shadows of the Apt series? Mantis weapon masters and waspkin warriors!

Divide them into castes.

Termitians of the Wood Devourer (Earth elementals)

M'skeetosians of the Swarming Suckers (Air)

ToeBiterians of the Fluid Motion (Water)

Skortchenian Antzerms of the Flaming Pinch (Fire)

I'm totally kidding. I think this would be a goofy idea, but if GW can have a lizardman named tic tac toe, anything is possible.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm still of the thought that GW will do what they did with Imperial Knights in 40K with the Sons of Behemat in AOS. Meaning in a year or two we may get a Chaos Mega Gargant kit.

That's an interesting thought.

On one hand that seems unnecessary since the Sons can already ally with everyone so people could just make chaos conversions.

But on the other, it'd make GW a pile of money for three counter mega gargants with each themed after Khorne, Tzeentch and Nurgle (maybe corrupted/blessed by Archaon's mount to match).

After Glottkin i'd love to see their horrifying take on a Nurgle mega-gargant crawling out of the maggot mountains infesting Ghyran. :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

That's an interesting thought.

On one hand that seems unnecessary since the Sons can already ally with everyone so people could just make chaos conversions.

But on the other, it'd make GW a pile of money for three counter mega gargants with each themed after Khorne, Tzeentch and Nurgle (maybe corrupted/blessed by Archaon's mount to match).

After Glottkin i'd love to see their horrifying take on a Nurgle mega-gargant crawling out of the maggot mountains infesting Ghyran. :D

Exactly!! Though you are right in that allying them with every Faction gives less chance of, but the money aspect would make GW more likely to do so, especially if the body itself is the same with Chaos options as extras.

• Like 1

The cards look interesting! Also new team play ideas are a great thing for adding new ways to play and new approaches to liven things up - though with lockdown and social distancing measures "team" games in a closed close hobby environment are not perhaps the best of things to suggest ;) (though that is hardly GW's fault).

Also worth noting that another wave of Inferno Magazines are up for sale! 10 of them which are likely going to be £5 each so £50 for the total. Done through "print on demand" for 2 weeks so you can order any time during those 2 weeks then you just have to wait a few months to get them when GW makes the big bulk order. 

kN4x3QQ9eWv2lZ83.jpg

If you like short stories, bits of artwork, random comics, general lore stuff and more than these are great magazines. They are from the very classic era of 40K, Old World and other games. Great sources of fun and snippets of background. Some major stories began their lives in Inferno including Ghosts Gaunts and Gotrek and Felix. 

Makes sense-  heck Foregeworld is already sold out of almost all the necron models including their titan. I'd figure GW is also seeing a lot more 40K, esp necron and marine, orders in advance of the launch of the new edition. Gives the factory a moment to get some stock together.

Though I'm surprised they didn't sneak out the giants since its technically just one model kit and a book as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrimeElectrid said:

Also note you roll off to decide what realm to fight in, with the winner picking.

Hot take, but this seems to make the rule really hard to use imho: with present realm rules it would be a very big impact for a simple roll

Just now, PrimeElectrid said:

Look at the screenshot, the realm rules have been massively reduced 

hey it was a hot take, do you want me to read stuff? :D

more seriously, suppose another realm (Ghyran) has overgrown in place of vulcanic it could still have a big impact (on shooting armies)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1