The Rumour Thread

50 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Glymmsforge is still holding on. The Soulbound book mentions the council of Glymmsforge stemming the tide of the growing Ossiarch Empire. 

Ah thanks, so does Soulbound specifically mention Katakros or just the Ossiarch?

1 hour ago, ReynakZhen said:

Aren't the Idoneth Deepkin, the mere-elves of Age of Sigmar?

there non-existent army of fishmen/sea elvers in WHFB that for every edition or rumour was suppose to be just around the corner. probably started because the sea elves unlike other factions at the time got  merged into high elves rather then rounded out with their own book when army books first started. It got to be  such a joke in the community that GW would let leaks of it coming out constantly, references would appear around new edition releases or army books. It got to be such a common joke a fan army book was made for them. the actual army of course was never released.  Grotbag's seem to be turning into asimilar habit

all sorta like the Hrud and space skaven for 40k

Edited by Evangelist of Cinders
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, alghero81 said:

Ah thanks, so does Soulbound specifically mention Katakros or just the Ossiarch?

There is not much about Katakros in Soulbound - it says that the OBR are what Order is concerned most about among the Undead forces, and the OBR are constantly expanding their empire. And that he is trying to seize Eightpoints. That's about it if I remember correctly. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

@Skreech Verminking The Skaven would be in the Chaos narrative, overlooked until the final moments. In the end Nagash will realize that while he was focused on taking the Eight Points the Skaven have completely overrun Shyish. 

A lot of solid effort has been made to flesh out Nagash's character and philosophy but we always have the skaven to remind us that deep down, he's a Saturday morning cartoon villain getting his schemes ruined by literal rats. "Curse you, you confounded rodents!"

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 6/23/2020 at 10:01 AM, HollowHills said:

I think this is probably likely. Also the arm and sword image, part of me is saying Soulblight rather than aelf. 

Still I am going to hold out hope that we get an Idoneth vs DoK army box with updates and models for both.

I‘d love a new Medusa and female heavy DoK Cavalry

For Idoneth : At least a kraken pls! Or fish swarms?

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I feel that what I want as an Idoneth Player is an Ogre/Troll sized unit. 

I also feel like the Hydra/Kharibdyss not being  part of DOK is a slap in the face!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

A Kraken should definitely be a part of them, hey the Sons of Behemat have a Kraken Eater...maybe the tentacle is a Rumour Engine in disguise!! Seriosuly though they should have a Kraken and Giant Crabs.

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel that what I want as an Idoneth Player is an Ogre/Troll sized unit. 

I also feel like the Hydra/Kharibdyss not being  part of DOK is a slap in the face!

I think a large Heavily Armed Crab type unit would suit them perfectly!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Overread said:

It's somewhat amusing how many hydra appear in the "Show us your DoK" army on the GW Facebook page ;)

https://www.facebook.com/pg/GWWarhammerAgeofSigmar/posts/?ref=page_internal

That said  I guess it didn't appear because the infantry behind it were male not female; however its very easy to swap them over for some witch aelves. 

The beasthandlers are a guy and a gal, as it happens, but they're definitely more styled like corsairs than DoK.  I guess part of it was they'd already split the kits out into smaller keyworded factions?  

I don't mind DoK not having a big monster piece, they're a religious cult, not animal handlers, but the hydra certainly wouldn't look out of place.

• Thanks 1

I'm just clamouring for some new lore, cannot wait till everyone gets their hands on the Lumineth Battletome this weekend and we can find out more about the Realm Lords and perhaps a hint at where Tyrion has been. We may even get out first official mention of the Sons of Behemat in there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm just clamouring for some new lore, cannot wait till everyone gets their hands on the Lumineth Battletome this weekend and we can find out more about the Realm Lords and perhaps a hint at where Tyrion has been. We may even get out first official mention of the Sons of Behemat in there. 

I suspect it will be a dry summer for AoS fans... hopefully autumn will pick on a different tone. It has been more than 2 months now since they previewed anything AoS related and we still have the Warhammer Fest preview to be shown. 

43 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

I suspect it will be a dry summer for AoS fans... hopefully autumn will pick on a different tone. It has been more than 2 months now since they previewed anything AoS related and we still have the Warhammer Fest preview to be shown. 

Yeah I'm starting to think July and August are basically 40K. 

It does suck at the moment because AOS is getting 2 New Factions and they're getting outshone by 40Ks new edition.

Are we sure they havent shown anything for Warhammerfest? If not what could be shown for AOS?

8 hours ago, KingBrodd said:Are we sure they havent shown anything for Warhammerfest? If not what could be shown for AOS?

They said they split Adepticon roughly in 4 sessions and they gave us 3 previews, the last one being one week after when Warhammer Fest would have happened, so it’s safe to assume they had more to show us but it has all been delayed.

About what, that is the key question. No offence on Lumineth or Sons but they are quite “old” now so would be good to see what’s after. 

More and more I begin to think that this whole Hype thing is just overrated. Sure, with the first pictures everyone (me included) thinks „New! Shiny!“, but does that generate sales? Until the new miniatures are available, that first hype is long gone, and anyone not completely new to miniatures knows that building an army is a long-term project anyway. So, maybe for most the decision for or against an army is more of a long-term process, too. Guided by a comparison of all the armies available, and it doesn’t matter so much how old or new they are.

Edited by Beastmaster

1 hour ago, Beastmaster said:

More and more I begin to think that this whole Hype thing is just overrated. Sure, with the first pictures everyone (me included) thinks „New! Shiny!“, but does that generate sales? Until the new miniatures are available, that first hype is long gone, and anyone not completely new to miniatures knows that building an army is a long-term project anyway. So, maybe for most the decision for or against an army is more of a long-term process, too. Guided by a comparison of all the armies available, and it doesn’t matter so much how old or new they are.

These are all solid points and do make a lot of sense, makes me see things differently as well, thanks mate.

Edited by KingBrodd

1 hour ago, Planar said:

This is the place for wild rumors eh?

OK here's one:

Kharadrons are about to become  a top tier army

Here I said it!

Is this based on a certain mechanic you have discovered, or knowledge of meta trends, or is this based on info leaked from the GHB?

Edited by Neverchosen

30 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Is this based on a certain mechanic you have discovered, or knowledge of meta trends, or is this based on info leaked from the GHB?

No, it's because the balloons fly them to the highest tiers.

I don't think other armies fly as high as Kharadron.

Except for flying Gloomspite, but it's a different high.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5