The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I feel for the Lumineth players at the moment, surely the Box will sell out immediately and then it could be another couple months before they can even get their hands on anything.

Yeah, kinda sucks, but at least we will have the book and im just gonna use my old high elves as proxy models with some 3D printed base converters 

Besides, with lock down its still gonna be a while before many can play lol 

Edited by Chumphammer

18 hours ago, Charleston said:

The question is: How will Factions with no or only very limited shooting fare against him? Khorne and StD look like in a quite hard Spot. BCR, FEC, too.

I really dislike that wildcard-approach in the current design.

Reveal hidden contents

"Hurrdurr, Faction A can Autocast X spells and has anyone to be a wizzard" "Hurrdurr, Unbind Magic across the whole table with a huge bonus" "Hurrdurr, fight always first". Paired with the deathball-listbuilding, the quite messy initiative system that leaves you to wait 2 turns in a row beeing unable to play this really messes with the game and the joy it provides. I love to have a tense game with my opponents, rolling dice and having fun. But putting time and effort in a long and big game, only to remove models for several turns in a row, feels just not fun anymore. Maybe all thoose bad experiences so far have made me too sensible for the announcements of fancy new toys for fancy new factions.

I would have thought Khorne will love playing against Lumineth - as long as they remember to bring their floating skulls along!

13 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

Yeah, kinda sucks, but at least we will have the book and im just gonna use my old high elves as proxy models with some 3D printed base converters 

Besides, with lock down its still gonna be a while before many can play lol 

Are they releasing the book separately? Or do you mean the Digital Version?

12 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

1D36D754-98B3-438D-8F9A-13587D7F97CD.png.b526dabe52ab9a9e99cc3914bba3202f.png
does anyone know how this base was made? (Beautifully mossy, I have a few ideas but I am not quite sure yet)

Try super gluing a few slate chips, PVA sand. Then an all-over quite heavily watered down coat of Dryad Bark base coat over the sand and the rocks. Make sure it is watery enough that some of the sand colour shows through. Follow this with another very watery base coat of Standard Mechanics Grey on the rocks so a hint of the brown is showing through. Next, give a light but streaky Dawnstone dry brush (brush should be just a still a little wet so the streaks give a bit of texture) you want the brown and standard grey still somewhat visible when you are done. Follow this with a light dry brush of Administratum Grey. For the sand give a decent dry brush with Steel Legion Drab followed by a lighter dry brush of Screaming Skull. Finish the base with one or two all over washes of Athonian Camoshade for the mossy look.

Give that a try. (I haven't tested this myself but that is what I would do ). The rocks look quite dark, perhaps there was a watery coat of black between the brown and the Mechanicus Grey - yes, I'd add that to the recipe above.

Once the paint is down, PVA patches of some of the old GW pale grass flock or equivalent. 

Sorry, back to rumours! :P

Edited by Greyshadow
  • Thanks 4

On 6/19/2020 at 8:35 AM, zilberfrid said:

He'll still have "look out sir", I think

It's probable I overreacted, but when looking at Cities' flying wizards, we're not on the same points per value.

He has 16 wounds and and from the look of it a scaling profile which means he has the monster keyword, which honestly makes sense since there's a huge monster on his base. He ain't getting "look out sir" and with a 4+ save I don't think he'll be that difficult to deal with. Tbh the only thing I see that could be a hard to deal with is his spellcasting, which I think is fitting considering magic is his whole shtick.

16 hours ago, Carnelian said:

I would have thought Khorne will love playing against Lumineth - as long as they remember to bring their floating skulls along!

Hm, against the normal caster units? You are actually right, as long as the skulls don´t pop back into nirvana more casts means higher odds to make them suffer. Well, most of them, as Teclis Autocast will just plain ignore this anyway but hej, its only one model and he gets some wounds if nearby lumineth cast on an 8. Thanks for pointing out

35 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

He has 16 wounds and and from the look of it a scaling profile which means he has the monster keyword, which honestly makes sense since there's a huge monster on his base. He ain't getting "look out sir" and with a 4+ save I don't think he'll be that difficult to deal with. Tbh the only thing I see that could be a hard to deal with is his spellcasting, which I think is fitting considering magic is his whole shtick.

Just so that we are all on the same page here. He can pretty easily get up to 2+/5+ at -1 to hit.

I didn't see a heal spell so there is that. 

I'm actually happy that the hero phase is gaining more direct damage and impact though. And, I think the mechanism for Teclis casting is interesting, narrative while retaining the exact same interaction with the opponent. He has no fail rate, but you can frustrate him. 

OK, just ordered my Lumineth Box. I don't know what is wrong with me. I really don't need it since there are still unopened 3 armies on my shelves each worth at least 2000 points. I am comforting myself that there are worse, more expensive addictions out there.

Edited by Aryann
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Aryann said:

OK, just ordered my Lumineth Box. I don't know what is wrong with me. I really don't need it since there are still unopened 3 armies on my shelves each worth at least 2000 points. I am comforting myself that there are worse, more expensive addictions out there.

Who are the inhabitants of the grey shelf of shame? 

36 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I also have some 200 minis that still need painting, but they are not ones that I'm into at the moment. No need to feel guilty about wanting a few toys. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Laststand said:

Who are the inhabitants of the grey shelf of shame? 

In order of purchase: Idoneth Deepkin, Gloomspite Gitz and Kharadron Overords. Untouched. Have some plastic Ogors from 2x boxes of Feast of Bones as well and maybe I will start with them after I paint my last three models from Ossiarch Bonereapers (2k) since Ogors are low model count army. 2k fully painted - Nighthaunt and Sylvaneth. 1k painted - Khorne and Stormcasts. If I manage to paint one more army this year it won't be that bad. Two armies a year is a good score in my opinion. Do you have a grey pile of shame as well?

Edited by Aryann

2 hours ago, whispersofblood said:

Just so that we are all on the same page here. He can pretty easily get up to 2+/5+ at -1 to hit.

I didn't see a heal spell so there is that. 

I'm actually happy that the hero phase is gaining more direct damage and impact though. And, I think the mechanism for Teclis casting is interesting, narrative while retaining the exact same interaction with the opponent. He has no fail rate, but you can frustrate him. 

No? +1 save from Aetherquartz gets him to 3+ but no other boost, and the -1 to hit is limited to enemies within 12” of a (300 point) mountain spirit.

Of course he can be ethereal too and rr1s with BRB CA.

Endless spells are a different matter.

seems like ranged MW or mass shooting is the way to go. Something will get through eventually and as you say there are no heals available. 

Just now, PrimeElectrid said:

No? +1 save from Aetherquartz gets him to 3+ but no other boost, and the -1 to hit is limited to enemies within 12” of a (300 point) mountain spirit.

Of course he can be ethereal too and rr1s with BRB CA.

Endless spells are a different matter.

seems like ranged MW or mass shooting is the way to go. Something will get through eventually and as you say there are no heals available. 

They have a LRL Endless spell that gives +1 save and -1 to hit

2 hours ago, Aryann said:

In order of purchase: Idoneth Deepkin, Gloomspite Gitz and Kharadron Overords. Untouched. Have some plastic Ogors from 2x boxes of Feast of Bones as well and maybe I will start with them after I paint my last three models from Ossiarch Bonereapers (2k) since Ogors are low model count army. 2k fully painted - Nighthaunt and Sylvaneth. 1k painted - Khorne and Stormcasts. If I manage to paint one more army this year it won't be that bad. Two armies a year is a good score in my opinion. Do you have a grey pile of shame as well?

Dont we all? I am doing ok at the moment . I am half way through a stonehorn which when finished will give me 1k painted ogors. Lockdown has meant i have yet to play them. Then I have a backlog of 1.5k skaven reinforcements for my main army (already over 2k). Last a bit of war cry stuff to do for my Skaven warband but that largely consists of finding 2 fleshhounds to convert into giant rats.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 7:17 AM, KingBrodd said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/19/lumineth-realm-lords-beyond-the-boxgw-homepage-post-2/

The rest of the Lumineth range is dropping later in the year but not after TOO long. I'm guessing well after 40k 9th.

Do we know base sizes so we can proxy them?

I think i saw somewhere that Infantry are 32mm

MegaCows look like they are on chariot bases

Cav just standard cav?

Teclis Same as the cauldron of blood?

38 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

Do we know base sizes so we can proxy them?

I think i saw somewhere that Infantry are 32mm

MegaCows look like they are on chariot bases

Cav just standard cav?

Teclis Same as the cauldron of blood?

We know that Eltharion is 50mm round, Wardens are 32mm round and cavalry are 60mm x 35mm oval from GW preorder page.

Stoneguard and archers should be 32mm too by the looks of it. Hard to tell with the stonemage and cathallar but they could be 32mm too or 40mm? They definitely dont look bigger than that. As for the cows and teclis, no clue.

Edited by Dreadmund
typo

The box is not sold out in UK and it has been more than 8 hours, so there’s that... good news that GW produced enough for everyone or just Lumineth are not that attractive?

4 hours ago, Laststand said:

Dont we all? I am doing ok at the moment . I am half way through a stonehorn which when finished will give me 1k painted ogors. Lockdown has meant i have yet to play them. Then I have a backlog of 1.5k skaven reinforcements for my main army (already over 2k). Last a bit of war cry stuff to do for my Skaven warband but that largely consists of finding 2 fleshhounds to convert into giant rats.

Yeah I feel it. I bought a box as well not sure why or whenever I’ll open it.  
Lockdown allowed to almost finish my 5.5k Gitz (including 120 grots). What I really wanted to paint is my Beasts of Chaos but they totally suck, at least the way I want to play them so they add to my list of more than 500 miniatures to paint...

42 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

I find this new 32mm standard for human-sized infantry models annoying. Scale creep quickens that way, I fear.

Frustration is a ******. 

I think 32mm (unless they start dropping those 28s on us) is good. then when you have smaller than standard human, like a goblin, they can sit all nice and tiny on their 25s and keeps the scale immersion up. 

53 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

I find this new 32mm standard for human-sized infantry models annoying. Scale creep quickens that way, I fear.

Human size has changed, from 26mm eye height in my Bretonnian archers, 27 for handgunners, to 32 mm in AoS humans (measured some Godsworn Hunt and the Excelsior Warpriest).

In dwarves, it's gone from 17 in old Thunderers to 25 in Gotrek or a random Grundstok Thunderer.

Scale creep is quite bad.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, alghero81 said:

The box is not sold out in UK and it has been more than 8 hours, so there’s that... good news that GW produced enough for everyone or just Lumineth are not that attractive?

I think that is a bit of both worlds:
-They are a niche army.
-The box is unattractive.

41 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

I think 32mm (unless they start dropping those 28s on us) is good. then when you have smaller than standard human, like a goblin, they can sit all nice and tiny on their 25s and keeps the scale immersion up. 

Me too. Imho, 25mm is fine for non-elite human-eske units, and 32 seems to be the "improved" version.  There are some issues that could be fixed (IDK Thralls comes to my mind) but whatever, it's not a big problem for the whole game.

Box is very attractive to me if I wanted to start them - core infantry and cavalry and a really neat hero and battletome all in one - yep if I wanted them really badly I'd be getting that box in a heartbeat! Sure it doesn't have any of the "extreme" units in it, but then you don't need them to get started. For someone building an army core units are far more important in building a solid foundation. Plus its my experience that if you don't like the core models then you're going to find it hard to build an army if its only one or two extremes that grab your attention. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1