The Rumour Thread

14 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Sure, but that's not was I was suggesting. I'm saying some players will want their opponents to let them get away with not having to pick it each so & so phase. They will be like "I'm forgetful, so just assume that unless I say otherwise, it's like I told you at the start of each so & so phase that I picked it."

In other words "don't make me have to have the ability to keep track of what my army can do, and just assume I  made the right choice all the time." 😉

Who cares💁‍♀️
if it’s a bad rule with no negatives to activating it... why not, it saves everybody time. 
In other words ‘ don’t make it any more of a memory game than it needs to be just to catch me out’ ;) 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

I think that he is just riding by and thrusting the Spear in a quick graceful manner.

Well possible. It looks to me like the rider would be slicing into the Daemonette 🤔 - maybe due the way he is wielding the spear

Edited by JackStreicher

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

I wonder if this is a Brom piece...

Very cool. 

Doubt it's by Brom (the skin parts are quite unlike his work and usually his backgrounds are more defined) but it's a great piece and we could use more of that kind across AOS... That said, someone complained that this purple dark elf dude looks way cooler... outside of the different helmet some of the new minis could get to look pretty close to him with the correct paintjob. I believe the minis can sport quite a different flair with other color schemes and I'm looking forward to seeing what the community will come up with and how much that will change the look of the minis.

Background is just typical GW Elf/Eldar... which is fine by me! 

3 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Doubt it's by Brom (the skin parts are quite unlike his work and usually his backgrounds are more defined) but it's a great piece and we could use more of that kind across AOS... That said, someone complained that this purple dark elf dude looks way cooler... outside of the different helmet some of the new minis could get to look pretty close to him with the correct paintjob. I believe the minis can sport quite a different flair with other color schemes and I'm looking forward to seeing what the community will come up with and how much that will change the look of the minis.

Background is just typical GW Elf/Eldar... which is fine by me! 

Agreed, I can see why they'd say Brom, particularly looking at the face, but to me it looks distinct.

4 minutes ago, mckizior said:

You can find pictures from Lumineth battletome rules section on Facebook. 
I'm not posting them here because I think it is against the rules😇 but....... you know
Btw they are from German😁 version.

If you follow Kitetsu YouTube channel he posted the English translation too, in the comments  

Edited by alghero81
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kramer said:

Who cares💁‍♀️
if it’s a bad rule with no negatives to activating it... why not, it saves everybody time. 
In other words ‘ don’t make it any more of a memory game than it needs to be just to catch me out’ ;) 

Maybe it's just a personal opinion, but still, I've long believed that there are many skills and attributes that go into determining the outcome of a game of Warhammer.  Some are more obvious than others, but even the less obvious ones are factors nonetheless.

Being able to keep track of a large number of elements, such as the rules of your army and the right time to make use of those rules, is one. I mean, there is a reason why practice improves not only one's "success" rate, but also the speed with which one can execute on the table. Lots of people even make reference sheets, especially when they are starting an army. With practice, the sheet can be left behind and the player makes quicker decisions, which is no small factor in tournament performance where time is a factor.

Just as a personal example, take my recently used Ironjawz army. When I first started using them, I missed several opportunities to apply certain command abilities or other benefits because I had not yet committed the rules to memory. I lost more than a few games due to this, which makes sense. As games got played, I became more proficient, was able to ignore my reference sheet, and win more often. Even just within one of the events I attended, I made large strides in how quickly, and successfully, I was able to wield my army and its rules in later games compared to earlier ones.  My skill with the army, which includes knowing my rules and how/when to apply them, improved.

It's not about catching someone out. It's about being rewarded for knowing your army and reaping the rewards of practice/experience. Just like a player gets rewarded for developing and practicing tactics, understanding the capabilities of his opponent's army, and other considerations.

Warhammer is not a "memory game." Memory is, however, an ability that helps you do better at the game, and giving your opponent a free pass on not having to develop that ability is unfair to the person who has made the effort.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

If you follow Kitetsu YouTube channel he posted the English translation too, in the comments  

Well, I guess he can (rightfully) kiss any preview items he may have gotten in the future goodbye.

Why do people feel the need to break copyright like this?

21 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Maybe it's just a personal opinion, but still, I've long believed that there are many skills and attributes that go into determining the outcome of a game of Warhammer.  Some are more obvious than others, but even the less obvious ones are factors nonetheless.

Being able to keep track of a large number of elements, such as the rules of your army and the right time to make use of those rules, is one. I mean, there is a reason why practice improves not only one's "success" rate, but also the speed with which one can execute on the table. Lots of people even make reference sheets, especially when they are starting an army. With practice, the sheet can be left behind and the player makes quicker decisions, which is no small factor in tournament performance where time is a factor.

Just as a personal example, take my recently used Ironjawz army. When I first started using them, I missed several opportunities to apply certain command abilities or other benefits because I had not yet committed the rules to memory. I lost more than a few games due to this, which makes sense. As games got played, I became more proficient, was able to ignore my reference sheet, and win more often. Even just within one of the events I attended, I made large strides in how quickly, and successfully, I was able to wield my army and its rules in later games compared to earlier ones.  My skill with the army, which includes knowing my rules and how/when to apply them, improved.

It's not about catching someone out. It's about being rewarded for knowing your army and reaping the rewards of practice/experience. Just like a player gets rewarded for developing and practicing tactics, understanding the capabilities of his opponent's army, and other considerations.

Warhammer is not a "memory game." Memory is, however, an ability that helps you do better at the game, and giving your opponent a free pass on not having to develop that ability is unfair to the person who has made the effort.

Okay this is going deeper than I intended, but such an explanation deserves a reply. 
Yeah I do think it's personal opinion, but that's fine. I wouldn't hold it against you if you would require me to say the words every single turn. 

But for me it's not about the principle of learning the rules and being rewarded and punished for the remembering them. that I agree with.
It's about that rule. The rule you mentioned was a rule without (so far as we no now) negative consequences. It's a passive ability phrased as an active ability. Same for the shield wall rule from the old dispossessed scrolls (just to keep it to something I played with and against). 

That rule could as well have been 'if this unit hasn't charged or ran this turn, re-roll saves'. Instead it required you to actively state it. There was no need for the active part of the player. In my opinion that's a bad rule.

It should have been a passive rule. But it wasn't and with so many little things that don't make sense in the game you figure out a solution. For me if a player remembers to activate it the first time and informs me that it is happening every single turn from then on... absolutely fine. Streamlines the game and he did know his rules and informed me turn 1. 

And again if a choice has a negative consequence, yeah then definitely say when the ability should be activated, not after nor turns in advance.  

• Like 1

Just now, Samukai said:

Behold the absolute power of Archmage Teclis!

Now if someone could work out what he does that would be great.

The people over in the Lumineth thread have translated most warscrolls. In short, Teclis can cast up to 4 spells. Casting less spells increases the chance of success. 

31 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

The people over in the Lumineth thread have translated most warscrolls. In short, Teclis can cast up to 4 spells. Casting less spells increases the chance of success. 

Not really.

Casting one spell is automatic success and can't be unbound.

Casting 2 spells is a success and can be unbound as a roll of 12.

Casting 3 or 4 succeeds and can be unbound as 10.

He dispells in addition (autosucceeds).

His unbind is automatic.

Then he gives +1 to cast, dispell and unbind.

Then he grants a 50% chance to ignore endless spells or spells from enemies (starts at everything in 16"). If this succeeds, deal 1d3 mortal wounds to an enemy unit in 18".

Then we get to spells:

5+ ward save for everything in 18"

Roll a die for every enemy in 18", 1 nothing happens. 2-4 1d3 mw, 5-6 d6 mw.

I have no idea who thought this is 660 pts.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Teclis should just have a rule that says: "At the beginning of the game, remove any non-Nagash, non-Slann wizards from the battle."

Teclis basically states "at the start of the game, remove any chance of having fun for the opponent from the game".

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Teclis basically states "at the start of the game, remove any chance of having fun for the opponent from the game".

He has 16 wounds with a 4+AS and regrading profile. He is NOT that hard to deal with

Oh yeah, he is also 1/3 of the army

Edited by Chumphammer
  • Like 1

Man, my Cities and Seraphon armies are going to love playing against Teclis. At 660 for 16 wounds at a 4+/5++ he's going to get shot off the table in one turn and leave my opponent at a huge disadvantage. That's an average of 58 Sisters of the Watch shots, 52 handgunner shots, 69 crossbow shots, or 42 Irondrake shots (buffed, but not counting champions) to kill him.

A single unit of Savage Arrowboys has a solid chance of taking him down in one volley even with no buffs other than the ones on their warscroll.

Tzeentch, Skaven, Seraphon and KO should all be able to shoot him down effortlessly. Quad Mortek Crawler builds will probably take two turns to get it done most of the time. Some SCE builds can get the job done in 1-2 turns.

Disclaimer: if he has additional defensive abilities I may have to revise this.

• Like 2