The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

This may seem silly to some and some may understand but if this is true and the other bazillion models across other armies that have physical plastic longer and weighing more than a full unit of these goofy, pointy eared funks do not get adjusted to this then It may be time to throw in the AoS towel. 

One can only take so much goofy-ness in game design/balance...

What do ya do?.... 😕

Did you look at the sprues? The spears look to be about three times the height of the models in length, so somewhere around 18 feet long. A 3" range is perfectly sensible there. What other models have weapons that are this long aside from monsters (many of which do have 3" range on some attacks)?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

Did you look at the sprues? The spears look to be about three times the height of the models in length, so somewhere around 18 feet long. A 3" range is perfectly sensible there. What other models have weapons that are this long aside from monsters (many of which do have 3" range on some attacks)?

They even describe them as pikes rather than spears in the article!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

This may seem silly to some and some may understand but if this is true and the other bazillion models across other armies that have physical plastic longer and weighing more than a full unit of these goofy, pointy eared funks do not get adjusted to this then It may be time to throw in the AoS towel. 

One can only take so much goofy-ness in game design/balance...

What do ya do?.... 😕

this picture really changed my appreciation of thes models, and I’m just happy they don’t have a 4” range. Because they should. 
(Dude in the centre, that spear is gargantuan)

image.jpeg.297700b0f4ad2b00226a961e201f12c5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Kramer said:

this picture really changed my appreciation of thes models, and I’m just happy they don’t have a 4” range. Because they should. 
(Dude in the centre, that spear is gargantuan)

image.jpeg.297700b0f4ad2b00226a961e201f12c5.jpeg

Gargantuan spears for taking down Mega Gargants?

17 minutes ago, Oak7603 said:

Haha, even with those pikes it would be go for the knees! 

These are the kind of things I cant wait to read about in the Battletome, what would a standard soldier do in the face of a Mega Gargant? Hell even a unit of a battalion? They would just be crushed!! I really hope we get to hear stories from the Gargants perspectives as well and I cannot wait for the Black Library novel that's bound to come with them.

I try to think of it from the other direction, like your Warhammer army coming to life, with lots of appropriately sharp weapons, and coming at you for doing such a shoddy paint job on them (ie. me).  Not immediately life threatening, maybe, but could seriously mess up your feet if you didn't have armoured shoes on.

Edited by amysrevenge
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, amysrevenge said:

I try to think of it from the other direction, like your Warhammer army coming to life, with lots of appropriately sharp weapons, and coming at you for doing such a shoddy paint job on them (ie. me).  Not immediately life threatening, maybe, but could seriously mess up your feet if you didn't have armoured shoes on.

My previous creative outlet was LEGO. My feet are prepared.

• Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Incineroar87 said:

Did high elf spearman have lots of builds / weapon options ? I can’t recall if they did or not.  I know their archers and cavalry were fairly simple with the one option for all models.

But they were quite old. The more recent dark elf spearmen came with three options. 
although the champion of that was the empire militia. Bits for days! 

So, a little recap from what we know about Lumineth:

• They can use Aetherquarz to enhance their abilities.
  • They can activate two units in his fight phase instead of one to fight before the enemy.
  • Alarith Stoneguard with 3+ saves and ignoring -1 and -2 rend using their enhancements and battle traits.
  • Alarith Stoneguard can move enemy models in the fight phase (away from them?).
  • The Vanari Aurelan Warden's spears have  3" range.
  • Teclis can auto-cast 4 spells
    • Protection of Teclis: 5+ FNP to a 18" bubble.
    • Storm of searing white light: Mortal wounds on chaos units (18" bubble).
    • Total Eclipse: Enemy CA uses 2 CP instead of one.
  • Light of Eltharion is a monster:
    • Etheral and half the dmg inflicted by melee and raned attacks.
    • Ignore negative modifiers for hit rolls and every 6 to hit= 2 successful hits.
    • 4 attacks with 2+/3+/-3/D3. +1 to wound if it made a charge move and for every 6 to wound, 1 mw in addition to his dmg.
    • 2 attacks with 2+/3+/-1/D3
    • He has a ranged profile too.
  • Sigil of Yndra (Endless Spell ability): -1 to hit from enemy attacks and +1 save (garrison-like) and can do mortal wounds in the combat phase to enemies within 3".
  • Reservoir power (Endless spell ability): Can storage some charges if someone cast an spell within 12".
  • Turn to stone (Endless spell ability): Mw at the start and end of the movement phase (on a 4+) and -1 from run and charge rolls to units within 6" (Lumineth modes ignore that).

Maybe I missed something but from the look of it, it seems that they are going to be really  hard to beat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

So, a little recap from what we know about Lumineth:

• They can use Aetherquarz to enhance their abilities.
  • They can activate two units in his fight phase instead of one to fight before the enemy.
  • Alarith Stoneguard with 3+ saves and ignoring -1 and -2 rend using their enhancements and battle traits.
  • Alarith Stoneguard can move enemy models in the fight phase (away from them?).
  • The Vanari Aurelan Warden's spears have  3" range.
  • Teclis can auto-cast 4 spells
    • Protection of Teclis: 5+ FNP to a 18" bubble.
    • Storm of searing white light: Mortal wounds on chaos units (18" bubble).
    • Total Eclipse: Enemy CA uses 2 CP instead of one.
  • Light of Eltharion is a monster:
    • Etheral and half the dmg inflicted by melee and raned attacks.
    • Ignore negative modifiers for hit rolls and every 6 to hit= 2 successful hits.
    • 4 attacks with 2+/3+/-3/D3. +1 to wound if it made a charge move and for every 6 to wound, 1 mw in addition to his dmg.
    • 2 attacks with 2+/3+/-1/D3
    • He has a ranged profile too.
  • Sigil of Yndra (Endless Spell ability): -1 to hit from enemy attacks and +1 save (garrison-like) and can do mortal wounds in the combat phase to enemies within 3".
  • Reservoir power (Endless spell ability): Can storage some charges if someone cast an spell within 12".
  • Turn to stone (Endless spell ability): Mw at the start and end of the movement phase (on a 4+) and -1 from run and charge rolls to units within 6" (Lumineth modes ignore that).

Maybe I missed something but from the look of it, it seems that they are going to be really  hard to beat.

This seems more of a Slaanesh/Petrifex/Tzeench strain tome than a Kharadron/Cities one, to be sure.

• Like 2

the new army / army book imbalance and internal balance has been something that fantasy and 40k has struggled with in the past and still do to an extent.  We will never have true balance but I hope for AOS they strike a happy medium of sorts between healthy and potential growth.

1 hour ago, rosa said:

The internal balance of the tomes is really turning AOS down for me and my gaming group. What a shame because this System and the models are so beautiful.

Agreed.  It's hard to get excited to play when the balance is all crazy

• Like 3