The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

... I hope the next weeks will be like this..

I'm hoping you're right. I'm trying to ignore the Lumineth so I actually have some money for Sons. And the GHB. And some updates to the BoC. And... And... And.. [ad infinitum]

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

After thinking and talking with friends I hope the next weeks will be like this:

20June --- Pre-Order Lumineth Box
21June --- Next Week    First half Lumineth Army   (Battletome, warscroll cards, spear, cavalry, archers, hammers and wizard with big horns)

27June --- Pre-Order     First half Lumineth Army
28June --- Next Week   Second half Lumineth Army (Teclis, Big cow, the lady, Eltharion and the Endless Spells)

4July--- Pre-Order     Second half Lumineth Army
5July--- Next week General Handbook 2020 and Two next week 40k new Edition Box

11July--- Pre-Order    General Handbook 2020 and Two next week 40k new Edition Box
12July--- Next Week Warhammer 40k

18July--- Pre-Order 40k new Edition Box again
19July--- Next Week Warhammer 40k, (Necron and Marine Codex, datacards, new units of the box)

25July--- Pre-Order Warhammer 40k Units of the box 
26July--- Next Week Warhammer 40k The second wave with the buggy, the big gun...

End of August: Sons of Behemat

I want nothing more than the Sons to release before 9th but looking at it realistically they're almost definitely an August release now it's a shame.

I am quite selfish and want the 9th Edition over and done with just so we can get back to articles for the Mortal Realms. I feel bad for Lumineth players as it seems the hype and excitement over their new Faction has been burnt out over the delay and now upcoming new Edition.

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 1

Let’s see what GW does this week. If they have something there to ignite the hype again. I’ll try to get the box of course, but it all feels somewhat less exciting and more “get over with this”. 

But likely the excitement will come back : ) 

Fingers crossed that it doesn’t take until August for the giants. 

• Like 3

Honestly I think if you've kept up with the news you might not need the hype to get on board at this stage - its more chomping at the bit and finally getting them. I think the only lost hype will be for those who play marines/necrons (or now want too) and got a look at the 40K box coming up. Which I'm sure GW expects will steal some thunder, but its not something they can really avoid 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Let’s see what GW does this week. If they have something there to ignite the hype again. I’ll try to get the box of course, but it all feels somewhat less exciting and more “get over with this”. 

But likely the excitement will come back : ) 

Fingers crossed that it doesn’t take until August for the giants. 

I hope they have a massive ramp up this week and next and put the brakes on 9th Edition for a couple days, everyone knows it's coming but Lumineth is first!!

My fingers are crossed as well and I think it all rides on when they announce the 9th release date, if it's late July there is definitely still a chance but if its early July theyll most likely drop in August.

• Like 1

At this stage we aren't even sure if there is a GHB this year - it might be a casualty as a result of Corona since I'd wager the prime time GW would have been making it was right when lockdowns hit and basically not only was their whole staff sent home (cuts down what they can do) but games as well ended for most regions so any data pooling or studies were gone. 

Personally I'm fine with the GHB not appearing this year if that's the case. I'd rather it delayed until next year and is done well than rushed out just to save face this year. 

• Like 2

I have no idea how I feel about this boxed set. If I had to take a wild guess, Eltharion will probably retail for $35-40 (US) and the cavalry for $50. The infantry are a huge wildcard. They could be like Namarti at the $50 per 10 price point or Mortek Guard at the $60 per 20 price point.

So I'd guess the retail value of the models in the box is somewhere between $115 and $140.

I'd be surprised if the box set is anything less than $170, which strikes me as likely only a small discount.

On the one hand it makes me sad as a consumer, but on the other it makes me happy that there probably won't be much reason to buy more than one copy of the box which should help get the box into the hands of a wider range of gamers.

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I hope they have a massive ramp up this week and next and put the brakes on 9th Edition for a couple days, everyone knows it's coming but Lumineth is first!!

My fingers are crossed as well and I think it all rides on when they announce the 9th release date, if it's late July there is definitely still a chance but if its early July theyll most likely drop in August.

Yeah, hopefully they have a nice ramp-up during this week. I'm sure they throw in an article or two every day, but it still might get lost a bit among the 40K stuff : ). Let's see.

1 hour ago, swarmofseals said:

I have no idea how I feel about this boxed set. If I had to take a wild guess, Eltharion will probably retail for $35-40 (US) and the cavalry for $50. The infantry are a huge wildcard. They could be like Namarti at the $50 per 10 price point or Mortek Guard at the $60 per 20 price point.

So I'd guess the retail value of the models in the box is somewhere between $115 and $140.

I'd be surprised if the box set is anything less than $170, which strikes me as likely only a small discount.

On the one hand it makes me sad as a consumer, but on the other it makes me happy that there probably won't be much reason to buy more than one copy of the box which should help get the box into the hands of a wider range of gamers.

On the fan groups you can already see people writing they'll order 2, 3 boxes, so that's not universally going to happen. I hear conflicting things about the Sister of Battle box though, some say you still can buy it now in a GW shop, while I heard before that many people that wanted one couldn't get it at that time. So not sure how much of a problem this is. 

3 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

On the fan groups you can already see people writing they'll order 2, 3 boxes, so that's not universally going to happen. I hear conflicting things about the Sister of Battle box though, some say you still can buy it now in a GW shop, while I heard before that many people that wanted one couldn't get it at that time. So not sure how much of a problem this is. 

I believe people are saying this, but I can't say that I understand why. I get wanting one box, but a second box just gets you a duplicate unique (probably) hero and two units that will almost certainly cost far less than the cost of the box.

The Sisters boxed set had about $220 of models and cost $215. A lot will depend on the Lumineth box price, but I can't imagine it at a low enough price point where the models in the box alone account for the cost... unless the individual kits are going to be a radical price jump.

GW can have big discounts on box sets if they want, take Soul Wars as an example, almost £300 worth of stuff for about £100 and all designed to get you to buy more. 

The Lumineth set is also designed for new players as well as existing, or it seems to be with the addition of the rule book, dice, combat gauge etc.

I see this as a fancy Start Collecting set and is 100% meant to get you to buy more so I would think it will cost between the start collecting sets (£60) and Soul Wars (£100)

Edit: Just seen this is a limited edition set due to the limited edition battletome. I'm still not sure if that would put the price up to as much as £125 though... 🤔

Edited by Oak7603

41 minutes ago, Oak7603 said:

GW can have big discounts on box sets if they want, take Soul Wars as an example, almost £300 worth of stuff for about £100 and all designed to get you to buy more. 

The Lumineth set is also designed for new players as well as existing, or it seems to be with the addition of the rule book, dice, combat gauge etc.

I see this as a fancy Start Collecting set and is 100% meant to get you to buy more so I would think it will cost between the start collecting sets (£60) and Soul Wars (£100)

I think it will definitely be more expensive than this.
The limited ed battletomes are usually £50, dice approx £12, warscroll cards £20. There’s over £100 of stuff right there and doesn’t include any models yet.

Guesses on mini costs, 

Eltharion - £25?

Cavalry - £35?

Infantry - £30?

Total that’s around £190 of stuff. More likely to be priced around the £150 mark.

(apologies, not sure on conversion to $)

6 hours ago, Overread said:

At this stage we aren't even sure if there is a GHB this year - it might be a casualty as a result of Corona since I'd wager the prime time GW would have been making it was right when lockdowns hit and basically not only was their whole staff sent home (cuts down what they can do) but games as well ended for most regions so any data pooling or studies were gone. 

But we already know that there is a  " GHB2020" and a "GHB2020 Warlord Edition"!!

• Like 3

We also need to factor the final 40K PA book, Pariah, into the schedule. Given it features Necrons and the new 40k launch set has Necrons and lore related to the Parish Nexus this could be simultaneous with 9th edition launch.

7 hours ago, Overread said:

Personally I'm fine with the GHB not appearing this year if that's the case. I'd rather it delayed until next year and is done well than rushed out just to save face this year. 

The shipping note for GHB 2020 leaked a little while ago. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

In many ways the limited edition battle tome for lumineth is putting me off. It's going to make the box arbitrarily more expensive than its actual value based on the models, and the dark spine of the special edition book would look really out of place on my shelf. 

Time for some freehand on the book to make it fit better?

33 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Time for some freehand on the book to make it fit better?

Pass the tipex!  I'm sure they just want me to be driven to get all the other books as  special editions, so that all the spines are dark coloured and my shelves match again. That is however not going to happen (if not just because most of those books are now gone to the mists of history).

14 hours ago, Grimrock said:

This is the first time that GW has kicked off a brand new AoS faction with a limited release box set right? The only other time I remember them doing something similar was with sisters of battle and it ended up taking like... a month or two to get the whole range out afterwards didn't it? Or am I forgetting something?

It's the first time for AoS unless you count Feast of Bones having Ossiarchs ahead of the proper release. 

They used to do these limited army bundles years and years ago for some factions when they received an update with new models, usually including one exclusive miniature. Tau had a unique Ethereal, Guard had a Standard bearer (it was literally the Kell model but wearing standard Cadian gear), Beasts of Chaos and Bretonnians had a unique Battle Standard Bearer I think, the former of which was on Made to Order a while back.  I don't remember the rest, but I think they stopped doing them just before 4th edition 40k.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Merlyn said:

We also need to factor the final 40K PA book, Pariah, into the schedule. Given it features Necrons and the new 40k launch set has Necrons and lore related to the Parish Nexus this could be simultaneous with 9th edition launch.

The week with the last PA book will be a good week to launch the GH20... but with the experience of the last two or three "next weeks", I think that the last PA will be another alone pre-order and it is gonna break my expects...

• Like 1