The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

At least there is a July date confirmed meaning we have a couple more weeks for the Lumineth and the Sons to safely drop, maybe even 3 or 4 depending if its mid to late July.

I'm trying to keep my expectations low so I don't get discouraged, but hope is a hard thing to keep in check.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

I'm trying to keep my expectations low so I don't get discouraged, but hope is a hard thing to keep in check.

As am I, if the Lumineth arent announced this weekend for pre order for next I'll be more than a little dissatisfied as it means the Sons will be almost certainly after 9th Edition. As long as AOS gets something announced for pre Order though I'll be happy. 

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

As am I, if the Lumineth arent announced this weekend for pre order for next I'll be more than a little dissatisfied as it means the Sons will be almost certainly after 9th Edition. As long as AOS gets something announced for pre Order though I'll be happy. 

Agreed!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

40K 9th box set has some awesome content. Not a 40K player but glad for those guys, makes me ecstatic to think what we may get in a couple years for AOS 3.0.

Also this seems not to be the new starter Box as it is limited. Will they get a Dark Imperium Kind of Box too? 

Edited by Sonnenspeer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

40K 9th box set has some awesome content. Not a 40K player but glad for those guys, makes me ecstatic to think what we may get in a couple years for AOS 3.0.

Astonishing that all those models are push fit. As someone who has got as far as buying a few Necrons in the distant past and has a soft spot for them, they are the best Necron models ever made hands down.

• Like 1

I'm just anxiously itching away waiting to get my hands on the Sons of Behemat Battletome. Lore is one of if not my favourite part of the hobby besides the models themselves and I just cant wait to read up on their lore. 

For a range with very limited models I do hope the Battletome makes up for it with copious lore and information on the Gargants.

• Like 3

I'm just anxiously itching away waiting to get my hands on the Sons of Behemat Battletome. Lore is one of if not my favourite part of the hobby besides the models themselves and I just cant wait to read up on their lore. 

For a range with very limited models I do hope the Battletome makes up for it with copious lore and information on the Gargants.

From a sales point it would certainly serve them well to invest in alot of lore for them, particularly as that's a heavy draw for many hobby enthusiasts.  Additionally, the fact that Gargants will be able to ally into other factions almost necessitates some delving into their history with the various other groups. If they do it right it could be really good.

I'm holding out for Lumineth, but if I have some cash left over I'd love to pick up one of the big guys. The kit just looks fantastic.

• Like 2

I love the new box set it might convince me to start 40k. Necrons have always been my jam and despite not liking Space Marines, I am thinking I might make a Dark/Fallen Angel army and use them as Space Marines or Chaos depending on my mood (if that is at all possible).

It really makes me wonder what our next box will be. Good money seems to be on Orruks vs Stormcast.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

Astonishing that all those models are push fit. As someone who has got as far as buying a few Necrons in the distant past and has a soft spot for them, they are the best Necron models ever made hands down.

The new models look great, but as  long time fan of necrons I disaprove of them phasing out* the glowy green gauss rods. Those are such an iconic element

If necron design that the shift away from them seems like a missed opportunity. There are ways they could have designed new more detailed guns while preserving the use of transparent elements. 

I'm also curious that it is implied to be a limited box. To keep this from being completely off topic that has implications for future AoS releases as well. I wonder if its a case of the limited edition book which will be gone quickly, and then a "true" starter set like soul wars will follow with the regular book and maybe fewer models. Imagine if they'd released soul wars and storm strike together with a special book,then later split them up? Just speculation, time will tell.

*pun intended.

6 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

From a sales point it would certainly serve them well to invest in alot of lore for them, particularly as that's a heavy draw for many hobby enthusiasts.  Additionally, the fact that Gargants will be able to ally into other factions almost necessitates some delving into their history with the various other groups. If they do it right it could be really good.

I'm holding out for Lumineth, but if I have some cash left over I'd love to pick up one of the big guys. The kit just looks fantastic.

I agree, their rallying with any Faction opens up great possibilities in the lore. Perhaps we will hear tales of Mega Gargants allying with Stormcast Chambers to fight back Chaos or a Mercenary group of Gargants living with Hammerhal Ghyra that help the Free Cities when it comes to war but otherwise make their living as Builders. 

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I love the new box set it might convince me to start 40k. Necrons have always been my jam and despite not liking Space Marines, I am thinking I might make a Dark/Fallen Angel army and use them as Space Marines or Chaos depending on my mood (if that is at all possible).

It really makes me wonder what our next box will be. Good money seems to be on Orruks vs Stormcast.

Orruks Vs Stormcast would be a fantastic and almost classic boxed set. It would be an awesome way to introduce new Heroes as well. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Orruks Vs Stormcast would be a fantastic and almost classic boxed set. It would be an awesome way to introduce new Heroes as well. 

I would love to see Orruk vs Freeguild/CoS box. Would be a cool homage to the 5th? edition box set (Orcs vs Empire).

Probably never happen for stormcast not to be in a starter set but would be so cool. Maybe a 2 army battle box?

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

37 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

I would love to see Orruk vs Freeguild/CoS box. Would be a cool homage to the 5th? edition box set (Orcs vs Empire).

Probably never happen for stormcast not to be in a starter set but would be so cool. Maybe a 2 army battle box?

A 5th Edition homage would be incredible and a perfect chance to update or make entire new sculpts for Free Cities and help quell any fears people have of them being squatted. ( I personally believe they wont be )

• Like 3

Would the Orruks be Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz, or a mix of both for a Big Waagh.  The latter would be my guess.  I'd be okay with that.

19 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Those Space Marines are more AOS than much of AOS is, as are the Sisters and Ad Mech. At this rate 3rd edition is just going to be 40k and AOS meeting up in the middle

4 hours ago, GrimDork said:

That was 6th. Best edition in my opinion. 

5th was Brets and Lizardmen.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Nos said:

Those Space Marines are more AOS than much of AOS is, as are the Sisters and Ad Mech. At this rate 3rd edition is just going to be 40k and AOS meeting up in the middle

The Relictor in the new set makes a lot more sense than the Stormcast Relictor.

3 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Sorry to interrupt but I really rather don't want to read 100+ pages of my absence on tga: are there any rumours for future releases? The last thing I know is that Giants are coming after Lumineth. 

Not that I've read unfortunately. Only thing I suppose is that the current rumour engines seem to point to a new possible Warhammer Quest box.

In terms of future releases I reckon we'll see AoS previews next week. We still have one more PA book which I think will be previewed today. Then the 40k box is july so hopefully we'll see the Sons at least before then. I can't think of what other planned releases we have still to get through?

Welcome back :).

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Not that I've read unfortunately. Only thing I suppose is that the current rumour engines seem to point to a new possible Warhammer Quest box.

In terms of future releases I reckon we'll see AoS previews next week. We still have one more PA book which I think will be previewed today. Then the 40k box is july so hopefully we'll see the Sons at least before then. I can't think of what other planned releases we have still to get through?

Welcome back :).

Any word on the new General's Handbook? 

I think an important question is do we want a new starter set or a 'collector set' like 40k is getting? I am honestly up for either but think starter set works best considering that AOS is still a newer game system.

I could also see instead of CoS or Stormcast a new set being released featuring Devouted of Sigmar (with a Stormcast unit added for good measure). But I still imagine Stormcast will make the cut above anything else.

• Like 2