The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, TheR00zle said:

This is actually rather an incredible act by GW. No doubt other business may be in the same boat after lockdown and will still retain their aid, which they are of course entitled to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many firms will have to payback and GW is famous for not holding debt - this is a debt so GW is working fast to clear it so that they 've a clean slate. FAR too many companies have rose fast on loans only do fall hard in times of economic slowdown due to the continual repayments on debets. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Many firms will have to payback and GW is famous for not holding debt - this is a debt so GW is working fast to clear it so that they 've a clean slate. FAR too many companies have rose fast on loans only do fall hard in times of economic slowdown due to the continual repayments on debets. 

GW are Lannisters, they always pay their debts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Overread said:

I suspect it's not debt at all they are paying back as you only got the debt if you applied for it and I don't think they would have applied for a business interuption loan. I think GW probably got the automatic grant for each property they have where they pay business rates or  furloughed some staff but are now paying that back which again is not a debt (and were perfectly entitled to it like every other business).  

3 hours ago, Zanzou said:

I wonder how investors would view a company that doesn't need handouts and keeps going strong despite a pandemic, vs a company struggling to get by...

In theory right now firms doing hobby products are doing pretty well - they often do in a disaster because people want more escapism. Many retail stores have reported christmas level shopping volume whilst board games have sold out like crazy. The main issue for all (including GW) has been getting back to their factories to make more product. 

I'd wager hand santizer firms and other PPE companies have likely done really well too. 

What's been hard hit is the leisure and tourism industries and foot outlets and retailers that couldn't do mail-order/home delivery. Although hopefully many of those can bounce-back (if they can last a year) in 2021 when we can cross our fingers that life gets a little bit more normal. 

3 hours ago, Zanzou said:

I wonder how investors would view a company that doesn't need handouts and keeps going strong despite a pandemic, vs a company struggling to get by...

I can tell you. They gained over $5 today, closing near $100. They are making me a tidy sum from my investment in them.

Nice job, GW!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Nope. Still theft.

Unless you mean doing this with books you have purchased, in which case, game on!

Ohh yes, I absolutely mean to suggest doing this only with books that you have purchased. It's meant to be a solution to the awkwardness of carrying around a stack of hardcovers to a game, not a solution to the cost of books.

15 hours ago, PrimeElectrid said:

That it was down for 2 days and nobody seemed to notice is a bit telling of the state of AoS at the moment.

I definitely don't read it like that. I'm sure anyone who uses the site regularly noticed. All multiplayer in-person gaming is a bit tamped down now due to social distancing needs, but aside from that is there any evidence that AOS is in a bad place? The GW store is selling out of kits faster than they can restock. I haven't noticed any downtick in online engagement, and I'd argue that online engagement isn't all that representative of the community at large anyway.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Overread said:

I'm hoping for news on Forgeworld - perhaps even a date for them re-opening. Even if its in a month's time or so. I just want to know 

Interesting that they're not open already. I had thought they wouldve opened the same time as GW.

Though I think it's safe to say that there will be some sort of AOS release for Pre Order, wether that be Underworlds or Warcry.

Edited by KingBrodd

46 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Yes Pariah is the 9th and last PA book.  Looks like it will lead directly into 9th Edition with Necrons as a major player. 

Surely then as they've just put up the 8th book they would take a week or two before dropping the 9th? Besides PA what's left for 40K before 9th now? A Necromunda gang?

26 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Surely then as they've just put up the 8th book they would take a week or two before dropping the 9th? Besides PA what's left for 40K before 9th now? A Necromunda gang?

I think the consensus around the rumours is mid-July? But I could also see GW holding off if they think a second wave might send the UK back into another lockdown. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I think the consensus around the rumours is mid-July? But I could also see GW holding off if they think a second wave might send the UK back into another lockdown. 

They are doing a full unboxing of the new box today. Doesn't it mean it might go up for preorder as soon as next week?

26 minutes ago, Raviv said:

They are doing a full unboxing of the new box today. Doesn't it mean it might go up for preorder as soon as next week?

Not necessarily. If I recall 8th had about a month gap between announcement and pre-order, which was over two weeks rather than the usual one. I think Dark Imperium was revealed right alongside the announcement too, though I can't say for sure. 

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Im also worried a second wave could hit, it's a real possibility now especially with the amount of people present at protests. 

I just hope we can get the Sons and Lumineth out before then if it does happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raviv said:

At the end of the article on the website they say it's coming out in July. So it won't be on preorder for at least 2 weeks, and possibly upwards of a month.

Edited by OkayestDM

1 hour ago, OkayestDM said:

At the end of the article on the website they say it's coming out in July. So it won't be on preorder for at least 2 weeks, and possibly upwards of a month.

At least there is a July date confirmed meaning we have a couple more weeks for the Lumineth and the Sons to safely drop, maybe even 3 or 4 depending if its mid to late July.

12 minutes ago, michu said:

I have bad news for our star-lizards. That reptile tail rumour engine belong to the Zoat.

Yeah, that was a bit dissapointing. Though I collect 'nids as well as Seraphon, so might get him anyway!

(Although I'm also a necron fan, so it looks like I might need to save up my pennies for the next month or so!)

Edited by EccentricCircle