The Rumour Thread

I feel as though with Warcry opening up to non-chaos warbands, my immediate thought for all rumour engines is now warcry.

Owl - Kurnothi Warband

Crab claw - Idoneth Warband

40k Bolt Rifle - Space Marine Warcry Warband

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel as though with Warcry opening up to non-chaos warbands, my immediate thought for all rumour engines is now warcry.

Owl - Kurnothi Warband

Crab claw - Idoneth Warband

40k Bolt Rifle - Space Marine Warcry Warband

Actually it's all a space marine 40k lieutenant warband, one who has a crab pet and one with an owl to try and blend them into AoS.

Edited by Sttufe
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Is this a Twin Peaks reference?

BOO YAA!!!!!  best part of my day so far.  the other night I watched s3, ep 1&2 while eating cherry pie.

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Perhaps Sylvaneth Bloodbowl team - the Owls!

The previous image was a sword of some aelven imagery.  I expect the AoS army for "wood elves" with goat legs to finally appear.  

I cant wait for the next Seasons of Underworlds and Warcry just to see the Minis the design team put out. The ones I am most excited for are that we may get some Free Cities/Cities of Sigmar Mortals. Having both boxed games could mean 2 different Realms of humans.

That being said I also hope it means one day getting an exclusive boxed games Mega Gargant or more realistically a boxed games Aleguzzler or whatever new variant comes with the Battletome. 

I think the absolute best outcome of a Mega-gargant boxed set would be the Kraken-eater vs Deepkin. Excellent themes that go together and you can throw both sides together for an army. :D

As for the owl i'm hoping Kurnothi aelves but i'm betting on Bloodbowl since it seems a little exaggerated.

Also, with a comment on the recent sword tease I'm Extremely hoping this guess turns out true.

"I'm starting to think there may be a new WHQ AoS coming our way soon(ish) and that this, along with some other recent rumour images, are parts of it.

•  
  •  
    TheMawr  

WHQ AoS with undead being the heroes (while unlikely.. thats the vibe I get from the RE.. ossiarch berzerker with big axe, ghoul "knight" with massive stone shield and leaning on heroic sword.. vampire "fighter" with rapier and rangery boots... now we need a mummy ranger with bow and a nighthaunt mage and the classic team is complete ;))"

I'll miss Shadows over Hammerhal being replaced as it's a marvelous adventure with a great rpg-lite supplement for the city but more I want Warhammer Quest to swing back around to the Mortal Realms. Plus I remember back on late 2016 there was rumors of a Death city focused WQ in the works. Hammerhal made it look like a false lead but maybe it was just longer on the list.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I think the absolute best outcome of a Mega-gargant boxed set would be the Kraken-eater vs Deepkin. Excellent themes that go together and you can throw both sides together for an army. :D

As for the owl i'm hoping Kurnothi aelves but i'm betting on Bloodbowl since it seems a little exaggerated.

Also, with a comment on the recent sword tease I'm Extremely hoping this guess turns out true.

"I'm starting to think there may be a new WHQ AoS coming our way soon(ish) and that this, along with some other recent rumour images, are parts of it.

•  
  •  
    TheMawr  

WHQ AoS with undead being the heroes (while unlikely.. thats the vibe I get from the RE.. ossiarch berzerker with big axe, ghoul "knight" with massive stone shield and leaning on heroic sword.. vampire "fighter" with rapier and rangery boots... now we need a mummy ranger with bow and a nighthaunt mage and the classic team is complete ;))"

I'll miss Shadows over Hammerhal being replaced as it's a marvelous adventure with a great rpg-lite supplement for the city but more I want Warhammer Quest to swing back around to the Mortal Realms. Plus I remember back on late 2016 there was rumors of a Death city focused WQ in the works. Hammerhal made it look like a false lead but maybe it was just longer on the list.

Mega Gargants and Deepkin would be awesome!! Could be the Unique Hero with the Crab Claw?

The whole death lead Warband for WHQ would be bloody amazing!! I cant wait to see the unique individual models theyll release for it. Hopefully one for every Faction.

Fingers crossed on both. :)

It would be a great way to get more soulblight and deadwalker stuff. Soul Wars had some good set-ups for zombie heroes that would make great range updates while also be a way to connect more to the realm of death's views of "True-life" where the zombies are the norm in society(between working class and mid-tier ruling class) to connect both with the living mortals and higher undead in the realm where the dead don't rest.

Edited by Baron Klatz
    • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Fingers crossed on both. :)

It would be a great way to get more soulblight and deadwalker stuff. Soul Wars had some good set-ups for zombie heroes that would make great range updates while also be a way to connect more to the realm of death's views of "True-life" where the zombies are the norm in society to connect both with the living mortals and higher undead.

A new zombie multi part plastic kit would go a long way. The classic Zombie (Deadwalkers) are awesome but they could do with an update.

14 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Im hoping we start getting articles about the Sons soon. I'm hoping for a July release but at this point it could even be August.  

Just passing on this rumor I got from my FLGS based on discussions with his distributor... preorder dates, apply salt liberally

Psychic Awakening: Engine of War obviously pre-order 5/29

Lumineth 6/6

Psychic Awakening: War of the Spider 6/20

Sons of Behamat 7/4

9th ed 7/18

Psychic Awakening: Pariah August

Necron release August

AoS campaign book August (like Wrath of the Everchosen)

• Like 5
    • LOVE IT! 2

26 minutes ago, Sactownbri said:

Just passing on this rumor I got from my FLGS based on discussions with his distributor... preorder dates, apply salt liberally

Psychic Awakening: Engine of War obviously pre-order 5/29

Lumineth 6/6

Psychic Awakening: War of the Spider 6/20

Sons of Behamat 7/4

9th ed 7/18

Psychic Awakening: Pariah August

Necron release August

AoS campaign book August (like Wrath of the Everchosen)

I'm going to keep all my salt and throw it over my shoulder hoping for that 4th of July release!!

And if there is another Campaign book in August I'll be even more happy!!

Edited by KingBrodd
    • Like 1

7 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

I would be so unbelievably happy if that were to happen. Is there any precedence for this with 40K Knights?
    I know there was Forgebane but Armigers are a cheaper kit than any of the larger Knights.

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm going to keep all my salt and throw it over my shoulder hoping for that 4th of July release!!

Same. With that being Age of Sigmar's 5th anniversary it'd make sense for a grandiose release that'll likely be near the new GHB release so the new factions get included after they've released.

Exciting stuff! :D

• LOVE IT! 1