The Rumour Thread

No, just that now it's Necron's time to shine (Get it? Get it? *sound of tomato hitting the face*) New warriors, destroyers and even Silent King diorama. Assault Intercessors (chainswords, shields etc.), new rules (e.g. flyers will be able to leave the table and go back, tanks will be able to shoot out of combat). That kind of stuff. And Crusade mode for narrative - if you add new models to your army will get you bonuses and your narrative games will be linked. cThere will be always a change to CP generation - now more linked to the size of game you play. And if you want to add units out of your codex, now you will have to pay w CP. Oh, and new WH40k app at launch.

EDIT: Important news - now if you buy 9th ed codex you will get digital version of rules for free in the app! 

Edited by michu
  • Like 3

AOS got no news but GW is now going to bundle digital codex copies with physical codex releases, this might be somethign they roll out for 40K alone and not until a new edition for AoS (since they've basically printed most of the battletomes and it would be hard to verify purchases etc....) but that's a nice thing for the future! 

Necrons are getting a huge boost, there's an image doing the rounds showing quite a few big and new modesl for them and the preview and new website already showed the new warriors (finally no more clear plastic tube guns) and a new trilegged warrior. That also means new scarabs (part of the warrior kit) plus they sneak a few parts of the Silent King at the very end of the preview event. 

This will probably push Necrons forward to a fully complete army with a slew of new updates. A very nice boost for them and bringing them up to a modern army. 

Overall a good preview, the cinematic is great fun. There's a bit of a feeling that there wasn't as much they said and showed that they could, but with already several months of release backlog I think its again Corona causing them to split up information more so so that they can spread it out over a longer period rather than dumping it all at once and having nothing to say for months.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

Overall a good preview, the cinematic is great fun. There's a bit of a feeling that there wasn't as much they said and showed that they could, but with already several months of release backlog I think its again Corona causing them to split up information more so so that they can spread it out over a longer period rather than dumping it all at once and having nothing to say for months.

There will be additional Q&A on tuesday.

Oh man, the new Necrons look soo good.  I really don't know if I can afford a new army post pandemic and with a price hike but I have always had a soft spot for Necrons. Space Marines continue to do literally nothing for me and giving them a chainsaw swords does not change that. I am hoping that the emphasis on Sisters of Battle means the starter set will be Necrons vs Sisters of Battle. It would also give them a chance to reuse the easy to build sister molds that they have lying around. I know it wont happen but I can dream.

Is the amount of time between 40k editions a good indicator of how long to suspect a new edition for AOS?

Edited by Neverchosen

1 minute ago, Neverchosen said:

Oh man, the new Necrons look soo good.  I really don't know if I can afford a new army post pandemic and with a price hike but I have always had a soft spot for Necrons. Space Marines continue to do literally nothing for me and giving them a chainsaw swords does not change that

That is super good for you: buy X (x=2 or 3)  starter sets, there are so many Primaris armies, that you'll be able to sell the SM half at good price in no time. Sell also the goodies and the book and done! You have already a nice necron army for super cheap!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

So am I missing something or the big reveal was 1 space marine model, 4 new necron warriors, and a silent king teasee vid?

O_o

A new 40K edition - new necron warriors set (which appears to have a new gun and also new designs and likely means new scarab design as well); a new necron 3 legged unit; new marine; teaser for the Silent king and an image doing the rounds showing a new monolith and several other new big necron models - all very very very blurry.

There's also a big FAQ on Tuseday

3 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

So am I missing something or the big reveal was 1 space marine model, 4 new necron warriors, and a silent king teasee vid?

O_o

The Preview itself was very weak in terms of models (of course whole new edition of the game is great) its more the fact that those 2 models shown confirm the leaks going around which show much more new shiny necron stuff (and some more primaris)

The pdf of this morning told us "what new 40k starter?" meaning maybe that they didn't want to reveal the box content so soon.

We will have 40K rules explanations and reveals in a dayly basis according to this very same pdf file (which comes from warhammer comunity).

But indeed, this reveal was super poor in term of miniatures but rich in term of strategic products and orientation(digital rules, digital centralized codices and rules,  new 40K -v9-, totaly new units, etc...). More to see soooooon .

9 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I'm very interested to see if the "buy a codex, get the digital rules for free" thing will be honored for AoS. It's something I've been championing forever, since it's a common courtesy in most tabletop gaming circles.

The issue will be how they authenticate it. If its a simple activation/purchase code in the codex book then they can't do it for AoS because the books are already printed and sold. They could do it by barcode or such or just not do it and save it for the next AoS edition; using 40K as an experiment to see how it goes. 

13 minutes ago, Overread said:

The issue will be how they authenticate it. If its a simple activation/purchase code in the codex book then they can't do it for AoS because the books are already printed and sold. They could do it by barcode or such or just not do it and save it for the next AoS edition; using 40K as an experiment to see how it goes. 

Sounds nasty but: Just add a program to all gw vendor pc´s that generate a serial code when selling a book. Could be easy used to force people to buy at least the books from gw stores

Just now, Charleston said:

Sounds nasty but: Just add a program to all gw vendor pc´s that generate a serial code when selling a book. Could be easy used to force people to buy at least the books from gw stores

Naw it wouldn't work for all the 3rd party sales and all the historical sales of Battletomes. That's really the issue; plus all those who have bought both and will feel entitled to a refund on their digital purchase. Easier just to let it be a unique 40K thing and then roll it out for Aos later

1 hour ago, King Under the Mountain said:

GW is such trolls.

Peter Foley had a board behind him during the interview with Squats crossed out for a new Codex :(

Could’ve been worse fellow dawi, they could’ve put Chaos Dwarfs as well, and added a line about whether or not to shave Grombrindal for his next model.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King Under the Mountain said:

GW is such trolls.

Peter Foley had a board behind him during the interview with Squats crossed out for a new Codex :(

Well, they have squats in Necromunda, Mechanicus and AoS already. It can't be far anymore, right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, michu said:

No, just that now it's Necron's time to shine (Get it? Get it? *sound of tomato hitting the face*) New warriors, destroyers and even Silent King diorama. Assault Intercessors (chainswords, shields etc.), new rules (e.g. flyers will be able to leave the table and go back, tanks will be able to shoot out of combat). That kind of stuff. And Crusade mode for narrative - if you add new models to your army will get you bonuses and your narrative games will be linked. cThere will be always a change to CP generation - now more linked to the size of game you play. And if you want to add units out of your codex, now you will have to pay w CP. Oh, and new WH40k app at launch.

EDIT: Important news - now if you buy 9th ed codex you will get digital version of rules for free in the app! 

Cheers mate!!

2 hours ago, Overread said:

It is sooo easy to do it: add a sticker (or just a piece of paper!!) with unique code (alphanum or codebar or QR code) inside the book (which is sealed/closed by the plastic film) and ...done! The sticker/paper cost is almost zero: it is only the management of the code that costs a bit.

Edited by GeneralZero

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Almost literally every other company that sells rulebooks with give you the PDF with proof of purchase of the physical book (normally just the receipt). It's not a complicated thing to do.

9 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Almost literally every other company that sells rulebooks with give you the PDF with proof of purchase of the physical book (normally just the receipt). It's not a complicated thing to do.

Notoriously, d&d doesn't give any discount to their online platform d&d beyond with their dead tree books.

Edited by zilberfrid