The Rumour Thread

There's been plenty of chaos worshipping duardin but Hashut ones are only hinted at footnotes.

Personally I feel they'll go the Slaves to Darkness route with chaos duardin and give them multiple god choices since Warcry already shows that off.

11 hours ago, Beliman said:

Golemkin was mentioned too in some battletomes.

Btw, I really hope to see Grotbag Skuttlers!!! Just the feeling to make a naval battle in the skies seems awesome... make it happen GW!!! 

There was also Cogmen as natives of Chamon, clockwork natives to match all the other mechanical wildlife running/swimming in that realm.

Another avenue are the Aetar of Ghur, sentient large bird people with nobility who wear jewelry and armor that live up in the peaks where they've avoided chaos. With their princess aiding Hamilcar it does put them in a good spotlight for support down the road especially with Ghur and Gordrakk making waves for the plot. (Hoping something for Beastgrave for now)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

Another avenue are the Aetar of Ghur, sentient large bird people with nobility who wear jewelry and armor that live up in the peaks where they've avoided chaos. With their princess aiding Hamilcar it does put them in a good spotlight for support down the road especially with Ghur and Gordrakk making waves for the plot. (Hoping something for Beastgrave for now)

Ooo those bird people sound interesting- I was wondering if we would see feather winged Kurnothi as a nod to the Warhawk riders as they seem to be beast elves..That is the elf faction I'm most interested in. 

3 hours ago, Sete said:

Fyreslayers need Gotrek design.

Butt naked dwarfs dont tickle my fancy.

Pants, even if with a loincloth over for style points, shoulder armour, bare chest and boots. 

It's the only army I seriously dislike.

The Fyreslayers, to me, are dwarf spartans/the 300 -not slayers - slayers have Mohawks not crests and are punk-rock/deranged dwarfs. I really, really love that Gotrek sculpt -just perfect. I think it was alluded to that they are working on a dwarf faction but I don't think it will arrive for a while- maybe next year..[pure guess work].But seeing the Gotrek sculpt, the iron breaker and hammerers and of course the Kharadron I'm really excited about any future dwarf faction [and actually would love proper squats if they redid/reimagined them for 40k..].

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Ooo those bird people sound interesting- I was wondering if we would see feather winged Kurnothi as a nod to the Warhawk riders as they seem to be beast elves..That is the elf faction I'm most interested in. 

The Fyreslayers, to me, are dwarf spartans/the 300 -not slayers - slayers have Mohawks not crests and are punk-rock/deranged dwarfs. I really, really love that Gotrek sculpt -just perfect. I think it was alluded to that they are working on a dwarf faction but I don't think it will arrive for a while- maybe next year..[pure guess work].But seeing the Gotrek sculpt, the iron breaker and hammerers and of course the Kharadron I'm really excited about any future dwarf faction [and actually would love proper squats if they redid/reimagined them for 40k..].

The metal zeppelin of the Squats was called the Overlord. I think originally, the Kharadron were supposed to be more than a nod to them.

But now 40k has three squats: Tech Priest Grombrindel in 40k proper, and Ragnir and Grendl in Necromunda.

There is hope.

• Like 1

Oh the topic does remind me there's Kharadron lore stuff we haven't gotten yet like "shield ships" mentioned in their tome.

And I remember Deepkin players on this thread showed there was a picture on release that had part of a black and yellow fish beast model that was never put out with the rest. Might've been a goof up with a custom model or decision to save it for a future warband release.

(If any Deepkin fans here know what I'm talking about could you be kind enough to fish up that pic? I can't find it.)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, silverstu said:

Interesting. For me my one criticism of the Gotrek model (other than having to magnetise him to both base sizes) is that he should be totally nude

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

There's been plenty of chaos worshipping duardin but Hashut ones are only hinted at footnotes.

Personally I feel they'll go the Slaves to Darkness route with chaos duardin and give them multiple god choices since Warcry already shows that off.

There was also Cogmen as natives of Chamon, clockwork natives to match all the other mechanical wildlife running/swimming in that realm.

Aetar of Ghur sound incredible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carnelian said:

Interesting. For me my one criticism of the Gotrek model (other than having to magnetise him to both base sizes) is that he should be totally nude

My Gotrek just sticks in both bases. I need to press a bit, but it sticks well enough to use him in RPG's,

Darklog  day 140 in the Year of the Great Horned Rat 

Any rumors on GHB release (and points reductions for Skaven)?  

Be back tomorrow to ask again.   How can they not have a Skaven update in the year of the Rat?

Edited by Coyote
Conspiracies
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Be back tomorrow to ask again.   How can they not have a Skaven update in the year of the Rat?

Nothing so far from what I've heard but here's hoping. As for model releases I'm hoping for at least an Eshin themed Warcry warband, I just want some cool ninja rat sculpts that I can use to replace night and gutter runners.

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Coyote said:

Well since we are already and rumoring about points, has there been any mention fo a possible release date for the ghb??

13 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Oh the topic does remind me there's Kharadron lore stuff we haven't gotten yet like "shield ships" mentioned in their tome.

And I remember Deepkin players on this thread showed there was a picture on release that had part of a black and yellow fish beast model that was never put out with the rest. Might've been a goof up with a custom model or decision to save it for a future warband release.

(If any Deepkin fans here know what I'm talking about could you be kind enough to fish up that pic? I can't find it.)

There is loads of scope to deepen the ranges for the factions - although GW has yet to show an interest in doing that beyond a character/spells/terrain. Hopefully they will start broadening them out through Warcry until they get proper expansions. 

11 hours ago, Carnelian said:

Fyreslayers taught me the importance of trousers for dwarfs... :D

11 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Aetar of Ghur sound incredible.

Too right! Alongside centaurs and deer/elves that would be quite a faction! Add in packs of hounds/cats/wolves/bear and some large monster sized beasts .. be still my beating heart..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dirtnaps said:

Nothing so far from what I've heard but here's hoping. As for model releases I'm hoping for at least an Eshin themed Warcry warband, I just want some cool ninja rat sculpts that I can use to replace night and gutter runners.

I second this hope! Eshin is also the clan most in need of updates in general - it is the hardest one to make a 'pure' clan out of, with oldest sculpts.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, silverstu said:

There is loads of scope to deepen the ranges for the factions - although GW has yet to show an interest in doing that beyond a character/spells/terrain. Hopefully they will start broadening them out through Warcry until they get proper expansions. 

Fyreslayers taught me the importance of trousers for dwarfs... :D

Too right! Alongside centaurs and deer/elves that would be quite a faction! Add in packs of hounds/cats/wolves/bear and some large monster sized beasts .. be still my beating heart..

An actual Beastial/Animal race that were Order would be an instant buy for me. I always think of big bipedal African animals as a faction. Gazelle type infantry with Lion Commanders and Elephant Behemoths with Rhino and Hippo Heavy Troopers.

59 minutes ago, Sttufe said:

My real only wish is that we get faction expansions to all the little factions in order and chaos. Have a 2nd of wave of models for factions which are smaller.

After the Sons of Behemat and Lumineth release I would love for GW to go back and bulk up some Factions. More models for Idoneth, Fyreslayers, Kharadron, Flesh Eater Courts, Orruk Warclans, Ogor Mawtribes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

After the Sons of Behemat and Lumineth release I would love for GW to go back and bulk up some Factions. More models for Idoneth, Fyreslayers, Kharadron, Flesh Eater Courts, Orruk Warclans, Ogor Mawtribes.

Very much this. As much as certain new factions and aspects of the lore would be nice to see (Malerion's Aelves, Grotbag Scuttlers, etc), I would love to see the smaller factions get larger ranges.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

New models available to pre-order from May 30th and price adjustments.

Interesting that they said price adjustments and not price increases, probably just wishful thinking but could we actually see some kits that lower in price?

Lol nope, only raises.

"Price adjustments" is marketing speak for "price increases."

Let's just keep further pushing the cost so fewer and fewer people can afford this hobby. Because you know what else hasn't moved in years? Wages.

*Steps off of soapbox*

Edited by Mutton
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Thiagoma said:

Lots of stuff that's really recent. Also interesting, the Fenrisian wolves are on the list of increases, but also "no longer available".

Ossiarch, Sisters, Beastgrave and Aeronautica stuff are all less than a year old.

Edited by zilberfrid