The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Dirtnaps said:

Looks like this sword either has a thorny vine wrapped around the cross-guard or some kind of ornamentation made to look like it 

I've got another theory; that ornamentation almost looks like two stylised fangs.

On 5/18/2020 at 5:35 AM, Overread said:

All those marine players want some Xenos to fight;

Horus Heresy/30K popularity (during 8th / Alan Bligh specifically) demonstrates that a good narrative is critical for successful sales and can offset miniature diversity. GW has captured that narrative magic in AoS giving them more creative freedom on the miniature side. 

Please bring on Giants that can be added to any army! Bring on beasts that can be added to an entire Grand Alliance. And keep driving an interesting and engaging narrative.

More Aelves on their way; Tyrion and Malerion's  moment are approaching.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Yeah, he was in the Silver Tower kit, but better dressed and with the best gryph hound!

No this wasn’t in silver tower nor hammerhal sadly. 
this was the silver tower one:

3C5A7DD1-2B36-4414-9896-7A564800E327.png.d04ce9cc9f1cf3b2fa06d14412fd07b7.png

13 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

I don’t know but it was not available at Warhammer Open Day this January. They had the old Knight-Questor and the new Larissa.

hmm shame. Cool model. 

57 minutes ago, Kramer said:

No this wasn’t in silver tower nor hammerhal sadly. 
this was the silver tower one:

noooo.jpg.3990503f540b1a9f982227f98e795177.jpg

Here is a before and after picture. GW killed the only order human they made for AoS and reanimated him into a Stormcast. The book is on the belt.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

With all these rumor engines featuring very unique looking weapons, I really think a new Warhammer Quest is on its way.

I would love that, but with Warhammer Underworlds and Warcry, there are already many potential suspects for great, very unique looking weapons ;) 

As @sandlemad showed with the different Vampires model, that rumor engine  is clearly Soulblight !

... Which means the OTHER "sword" rumor engine is either FEC or another type of Vampires. 

4 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

OH MY GGAAAAAAAAAAADDD Soulblight fo shooooooooo!!

The bare arms, the hilt guard, the blood droplet gems across it. Bois we bout to vampire this up!

With this one and the FEC looking arm rumour, oh lawwwd if we see a box set with multiple vamps in....I cant contain the hype i'm sorry.

I'm so excited for you mate!!

• LOVE IT! 1

8 hours ago, sandlemad said:

My mind went towards wanderers as well but looking at it again, I think this definitely is a vampire. There's the drops of blood alright and I'd make a connection between those two protrusions on the blade, which have some similarities to old undead models (and current Mephiston) but the real giveaway is the combination of a curvy handguard with a straight quillons. That is characteristic of most modern GW vampire sculpts with swords. See below.

99800207007_VampireLordKonradVonCarstein

99810207006_BloodKnightsNEW02.jpg

image.png.22817eaa29693f0a87b8de998ae1fdcc.png

99800207001_WingedVampireLordNEW02.jpg

99800207003_VladvonCarsteinNEW03.jpg

New Soulblight, who up.

You know what you've sold me, I'm completely in the camp of it being for a soulblight model now and really hope it actually turns out to be for them. Been waiting to long for an actual vampire army.

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

noooo.jpg.3990503f540b1a9f982227f98e795177.jpg

Here is a before and after picture. GW killed the only order human they made for AoS and reanimated him into a Stormcast. The book is on the belt.

Oh damn that's actually kind of cool that they reforged him. I mean it could always be some other dude with dark skin but I like the idea and the pose is just way too similar for it not to be.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

Oh damn that's actually kind of cool that they reforged him. I mean it could always be some other dude with dark skin but I like the idea and the pose is just way too similar for it not to be.

I thought it was bad. They made ONE order human in the whole of AoS, and they killed him for a generic Sigmar golem. As if to say "Abandon all hope for humanity, Sigmarines are the only way".

It would have been such a perfect uniting figure in cities, giving Devoted a hero, and able to heal all Order units.

I think it's some super rare knight questor now. Brings nothing to the table, and people can't get it.

I was (and still am) genuinely pissed when I saw this thing.

• Confused 2

43 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I thought it was bad. They made ONE order human in the whole of AoS, and they killed him for a generic Sigmar golem. As if to say "Abandon all hope for humanity, Sigmarines are the only way".

It would have been such a perfect uniting figure in cities, giving Devoted a hero, and able to heal all Order units.

I think it's some super rare knight questor now. Brings nothing to the table, and people can't get it.

I was (and still am) genuinely pissed when I saw this thing.

Is it actually confirmed somewhere that this is intended to be the same character? The pose, skin tone and his righteous dome are the only similarities I see that aren’t just generic Sigmar/Stormcast icons. If his book is on the back of the model I’d be more sold, but all I see are a scroll and that battle padlock so many Stormcast seem to be so fond of.