The Rumour Thread

42 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

Is 1d4Chan down for anyone else, or is it some kind of thing due to me being in China?

It's down for me too, looks like whoever's running it is having some issues.

Edited by Dirtnaps

1 hour ago, Kyriakin said:

Did you see Midwinter Minis' "Sandstone Necrons" video on Youtube?

No

59 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

Is 1d4Chan down for anyone else, or is it some kind of thing due to me being in China?

It’s down in the U.S. as well, so it’s just the internet ****** with us.

edit: seriously? I can’t spell ******? What if I say I have a screwloose? Or that I’m a screwball?

Edited by TheR00zle

10 hours ago, Coyote said:

It’s starting to get closer, any ideas or *any* speculations on new 2020 Generals Handbook and points updates?

My Skaven are eager for points decreases lol.

You need to be prepared for some Verminlord points increased thanks to the Chaos Ascendant. 🙄

11 hours ago, Coyote said:

It’s starting to get closer, any ideas or *any* speculations on new 2020 Generals Handbook and points updates?

My Skaven are eager for points decreases lol.

my biggest wish full filled if it’ll happen.

55 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

You need to be prepared for some Verminlord points increased thanks to the Chaos Ascendant. 🙄

As long as most never used units In the book like stormvermins, night runners plague censer bearers, rat ogres, clalwords, Warlock engineers, bombardiers, rat swarms, giant rats, doom flayer, master moulders, every single battailon with the exception of pestilence, warpgrinder weapon team, warplightning vortex and more if I forogt something that is in a dire need of buff gets a “huge“ Decrease

I wouldn’t really mind it.

and for chaos Ascendant, I’m not sure why but my guts telling me for some reason that the Verminlords might get thrown out of that line through some kind of an faq.

but considering that I have been wrong in the past with my speculation, this might not be true, what I just wrote.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

Not so much speculation as it is just me hoping, but I would really like to see Realm Artifacts removed from matched play..

Global artifacts being as strong as they are just leads to everyone taking the same one, it's boring and imo limits choice if you want to make a competitive list. 

Other than that, summoned Pink Horrors of Tzeentch coming in units of 5 instead of 10 I feel would be a good solution to our current daemon invasion 😁

It halves the wounds you get "free" and puts that option more in line with the other God's summoning choices. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

my biggest wish full filled if it’ll happen.

As long as most never used units In the book like stormvermins, night runners plague censer bearers, rat ogres, clalwords, Warlock engineers, bombardiers, rat swarms, giant rats, doom flayer, master moulders, every single battailon with the exception of pestilence, warpgrinder weapon team, warplightning vortex and more if I forogt something that is in a dire need of buff gets a “huge“ Decrease

I wouldn’t really mind it.

and for chaos Ascendant, I’m not sure why but my guts telling me for some reason that the Verminlords might get thrown out of that line through some kind of an faq.

but considering that I have been wrong in the past with my speculation, this might not be true, what I just wrote.

I remember thinking about doing a conversion-heavy Plague Censor Bearer list in Plaguesmog Congregation under the old Pentilens Battletome (a fun, fluffy battalion), but decided to wait for the new Skaven Battletome.

-1 To Hit against Shooting, and 2+ for D3 MW to enemy units within 3" -----------> Hit debuff removed, and just a reroll of the regular 4+ for 1MW to enemy units

Wow, in the history of AoS, I can't remember any one single thing getting hit harder than that one did - both in terms of fun and effect. Loss of the -1 to hit, a less likely MW effect which was in itself greatly reduced in power. Wow. It wasn't even particularly competitive battalion prior to that absolute amputation.

I seems just stupidly unnecessary, and makes me scared to ever build an army around a specific battalion in the future

Edited by Kyriakin

15 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

It wasn't even particularly competitive battalion prior to having the absolute legs cut off it. Just stupidly unnecessary.

Yeah I get you.

it’s basically the same with the Clawhorde battailon.

there have been times when the clans verminus had a pretty great battailon, which then got removed and re-added in the new battletome.

The fun part it’s basically worse then the pre-option of not having any battalions, 
your literally paying  a ton of points for nothing.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

It all depends when GW can turn their factory back on. This might even have to legally wait for the government to allow it; or it might be that they are having trouble working out a safe approach to reactivation. We also can't overlook that key staff might also be in lockdown either due to suffering from corona; being in a group that was exposed or even living with (or being) high-risk groups on tighter lockdown. 

I think our best estimation is 2-4 weeks after factory opening before we'll start to see new things roll out. Now GW might start bunching up releases to do larger blocks even if they can't keep up with demand on the angle of getting product into the market to get back to their original schedule and because the rest of their range will also be spotty on supplies. 

1 hour ago, Overread said:

It all depends when GW can turn their factory back on. This might even have to legally wait for the government to allow it; or it might be that they are having trouble working out a safe approach to reactivation. We also can't overlook that key staff might also be in lockdown either due to suffering from corona; being in a group that was exposed or even living with (or being) high-risk groups on tighter lockdown. 

I think our best estimation is 2-4 weeks after factory opening before we'll start to see new things roll out. Now GW might start bunching up releases to do larger blocks even if they can't keep up with demand on the angle of getting product into the market to get back to their original schedule and because the rest of their range will also be spotty on supplies. 

I believe Manufacturing facilities were able to go back to work last week in the UK, before I continue I by no means want GW to rush back to work, as a UK resident  I want nothing more than the safety guidelines to be followed and honestly wouldnt mind if Lockdown stayed in effect longer to help the curve. As a Key Worker I am grateful that I am able to continue working and feel great sympathy for those that cant.

But yes I agree that even once the Factories reopen we wont see anything New for probably a month. And I could see them also releasing things such as the LRL and Sons together simply to fall back into their planned schedule.

15 hours ago, Overread said:

Honestly I think that GW has woken up a bit that Xenos are important and that an all imperial focus can be detrimental to the games health. Plus AoS is showing that even with a "golden boy stormcast" faction; the focus on other factions in terms of model releases, but also side content like books (BL has basically no restrictions on factions) really boosts the setting in a massive way.

I feel it's kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy. The armies they push/favor and create lots of minis for usually also get a lot of love (e.g. Stormcast, Nurgle, Space Marines, etc.), while those who are treated like red-headed stepchildren have fewer fans. I'd like to see the sales of Seraphon or Skaven if they got an update like Gloomspite Gitz... in the end it's only healthy for the game if other armies get shown more love than just the usual few (although that thankfully, like you've already remarked, got a lot better lately). Still, there's still quite a bit to be done in 40k. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I feel it's kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy. The armies they push/favor and create lots of minis for usually also get a lot of love (e.g. Stormcast, Nurgle, Space Marines, etc.), while those who are treated like red-headed stepchildren have fewer fans. I'd like to see the sales of Seraphon or Skaven if they got an update like Gloomspite Gitz... in the end it's only healthy for the game if other armies get shown more love than just the usual few (although that thankfully, like you've already remarked, got a lot better lately). Still, there's still quite a bit to be done in 40k. 

It is a self-perpetuating pattern. One that in the past I think GW was happy to milk which resulted in marines becoming extreme in their influence. The problem is, as you rightly show, the end result is other armies wasting away. At their worst GW has left armies for 2 whole editions without rule updates (eg Dark Eldar). Indeed way back when they were more slaved to big model and rule releases at once you could wait years for any kind of update. This had huge impacts on sales - unpopular, smaller armies with fewer updates that got overlooked sold worse and worse. Thus the amount of investment GW had to make in them to make them popular again increased.

I think GW Today realises that having a single big leading army isn't a healthy thing for the game. Yes its very easy to market and you can follow the money; but as time passes you end up making less overall. All those marine players want some Xenos to fight; all those people who collect a Xenos and then a marine army start to drift away because their original army is being neglected. All those customers with a single interest become more and more demanding and their influence is greater - make the marine players unhappy and suddenly it sends huge shockwaves as a result because of how much spending power you've given them. 

I think GW today wants to move away from that past. AoS is already showing this. Stormcast are not the only faction with BL books; Stormcast are not getting the lions share of releases now (though they still get the lions share of special releases, but other factions are included too). GW is also, whilst less wililng to put rules into their books without models; they are happy to release models in ones and twos and such. Sure every so often they do a big new army or big army update; but they are also happy to release one or two here and there. This helps keep interest up in factions before GW can give them a major overhaul. 

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

29 minutes ago, Overread said:

It is a self-perpetuating pattern. One that in the past I think GW was happy to milk which resulted in marines becoming extreme in their influence. The problem is, as you rightly show, the end result is other armies wasting away. At their worst GW has left armies for 2 whole editions without rule updates (eg Dark Eldar). Indeed way back when they were more slaved to big model and rule releases at once you could wait years for any kind of update. This had huge impacts on sales - unpopular, smaller armies with fewer updates that got overlooked sold worse and worse. Thus the amount of investment GW had to make in them to make them popular again increased.

I think GW Today realises that having a single big leading army isn't a healthy thing for the game. Yes its very easy to market and you can follow the money; but as time passes you end up making less overall. All those marine players want some Xenos to fight; all those people who collect a Xenos and then a marine army start to drift away because their original army is being neglected. All those customers with a single interest become more and more demanding and their influence is greater - make the marine players unhappy and suddenly it sends huge shockwaves as a result because of how much spending power you've given them. 

I think GW today wants to move away from that past. AoS is already showing this. Stormcast are not the only faction with BL books; Stormcast are not getting the lions share of releases now (though they still get the lions share of special releases, but other factions are included too). GW is also, whilst less wililng to put rules into their books without models; they are happy to release models in ones and twos and such. Sure every so often they do a big new army or big army update; but they are also happy to release one or two here and there. This helps keep interest up in factions before GW can give them a major overhaul. 

"It is a self-perpetuating pattern" -now that's an even better term for it!

I think that the special occasions minis are usually Marines or SCE could also be down to them being quite easy to do, especially now with the extensive 3d assets they have - they can pretty much copy/paste stuff (something we already see on a few things, most prominently that lion-face seal on all the buildings. That said, I loved "Not-Dillon" from Predator from Catachan (obviously, what was I thinking) and also hope for more cool/creative one-offs. That said, I think it's fair to say that this hobby has never seen better times all things considered. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MitGas said:

"It is a self-perpetuating pattern" -now that's an even better term for it!

I think that the special occasions minis are usually Marines or SCE could also be down to them being quite easy to do, especially now with the extensive 3d assets they have - they can pretty much copy/paste stuff (something we already see on a few things, most prominently that lion-face seal on all the buildings. That said, I loved "Not-Dillon" from Predator from Catachan (obviously, what was I thinking) and also hope for more cool/creative one-offs. That said, I think it's fair to say that this hobby has never seen better times all things considered. 

This is the best the hobby has been doing in my memory. I left the hobby for 10 years and returned just over a year ago and my god it's so much better in terms of releases and communication from GW. Obviously returning after the invention of social media was great for communication because nothing sucked more than  going literal years with no updates to the armies I played and hearing nothing new on the horizon. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

This is the best the hobby has been doing in my memory. I left the hobby for 10 years and returned just over a year ago and my god it's so much better in terms of releases and communication from GW. Obviously returning after the invention of social media was great for communication because nothing sucked more than  going literal years with no updates to the armies I played and hearing nothing new on the horizon. 

Totally agreed.  I remember in 8th edition Fantasy, GW had not discovered the internet or social media.  Communication was non-existent and the only way you could learn about new armies is some sketchy rumors on Warseer or literally the month the army was released in White Dwarf.  

Now we got previews, presence in all social medias and a freaking army builder app.  On top of all that Age of Sigmar has risen from the ashes to become a great setting.  I am glad I returned to the hobby (although my wife and bank account probably preferred I didn't) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Totally agreed.  I remember in 8th edition Fantasy, GW had not discovered the internet or social media.  Communication was non-existent and the only way you could learn about new armies is some sketchy rumors on Warseer or literally the month the army was released in White Dwarf.  

Now we got previews, presence in all social medias and a freaking army builder app.  On top of all that Age of Sigmar has risen from the ashes to become a great setting.  I am glad I returned to the hobby (although my wife and bank account probably preferred I didn't) 

It is legitimately so much fun these days and this community is such a joy to be a part of. 

This current situation we have going on will pass eventually even if social distancing remains a factor of everyday life for the near future.

• Like 5

for Skaven Point reduction, Warhammer Weekly sum it quite well on GW's balance, that they are hesitant to give out Point deductions on armies that are overpowered (or in Skaven case some units being grossly under costed at launch) until they have increase the points enough on the egregious units that they feel the armies is in an okay places.

16 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Is it just me that thought the light of Eltharion was the clear winner in the lightweight competition? And we don’t even have all rules available... there’s clearly no competition between him and the others 

He is one of the higher points models in that bracket. Plus, fighting other melee heroes is his ideal matchup. Doesn't mean he is the best overall warscroll in that grouping, especially when considering points. It would be more insightful if we knew just how much he outclassed the others. Was he ever down to 1 or 2 wounds? Did he consistently survive with 4+ wounds in these matchups?

Edited by Nighthaunt Noob

31 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Is it just me that thought the light of Eltharion was the clear winner in the lightweight competition? And we don’t even have all rules available... there’s clearly no competition between him and the others 

100% agree. Eltharion was the clear winner from the begining.

1 hour ago, novakai said:

for Skaven Point reduction, Warhammer Weekly sum it quite well on GW's balance, that they are hesitant to give out Point deductions on armies that are overpowered (or in Skaven case some units being grossly under costed at launch) until they have increase the points enough on the egregious units that they feel the armies is in an okay places.

Well with only increases nothing good comes out at the end.
sometimes both are needed, and other times a reduction might really be helpful for those overcosted units in the skaven roster (or for any faction in that matter),which is basically 70% of the book

9 hours ago, Third said:

Not so much speculation as it is just me hoping, but I would really like to see Realm Artifacts removed from matched play..

Global artifacts being as strong as they are just leads to everyone taking the same one, it's boring and imo limits choice if you want to make a competitive list.

The issue with Realm Artefacts isn't that they are too strong, it's that there aren't enough options without them. For example, I play Ravagers in Slaves to Darkness. I have literally no options for an artefact that just makes a weapon stronger, which is what I want both thematically and mechanically, without using Realm Artefacts.  The closest things I get are the Hellfire Sword (doesn't boost melee at all, and is also kinda bad) and the Desecrator Gaunlets (which, even if I flavor it as weapons in my head, do not help with most targets). There's lots of cases like that, where you want a specific kind of tool for one reason or another, and it doesn't exist in your battletome.

• Like 2