The Rumour Thread

So Slaneesh has escaped then? Or was this during Wrath of the Everchosen where he was almost freed? Interesting.

Obviously the most interesting part is the last paragraph about Malerion and even the reporters death. Drained of blood but found no wounds? Is this Shadow Aelf trickery or the work of a Soulblight Vampire?

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

So Slaneesh has escaped then? Or was this during Wrath of the Everchosen where he was almost freed? Interesting.

Obviously the most interesting part is the last paragraph about Malerion and even the reporters death. Drained of blood but found no wounds? Is this Shadow Aelf trickery or the work of a Soulblight Vampire?

Tragically, this is Eckhardt Tresca’s last work. In a mysterious twist that he would have appreciated, he was found in his locked office in the Azyrheim Cryer building, with no blood to be found despite several wounds. The Order of Azyr investigated and decided there was no foul play.

I read it as a cover-up...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I love Bugman is still around somehow.

Me too.. Bugman and his brewers have been a thing for me since 1st edition WFB .. he seemed to become more than a master brewer towards the end of WFB.. hope he appears properly in AoS..

I think he was said to be guiding dwarf refugees via hidden paths to a safe place at the End Times.. 

Edited by silverstu
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Kayzee84 said:

Tragically, this is Eckhardt Tresca’s last work. In a mysterious twist that he would have appreciated, he was found in his locked office in the Azyrheim Cryer building, with no blood to be found despite several wounds. The Order of Azyr investigated and decided there was no foul play.

I read it as a cover-up...

Damn my eyes playing tricks on me!! Shadow Aelves must've gotten to me...

26 minutes ago, novakai said:

there a reveal on the 23rd but probably all for 40K and Necrons

I'm hoping this weekend they announce it as a 4th Preview but seeing as they've specifically already called out Necrons I'm going to go ahead and say it's just for them.

The final thing about Malekith made me quite happy... especially the footnote. Old Maly must have heard this guy talking ****** about him, and stabbed him in person or something involving using shadows to stab him. Don’t mess around with WFB Bdsm elf hitler.

Edited by Acid_Nine
  • Like 3

From the article we have hints at Bugmans, Ur Gold, Malerion and Slaneesh and the Bad Moon. Could we possibly be getting some thing for each of these factions in the near future?

A Fyreslayer and Gloomspite Gits Underworlds or Warcry Warband? Perhaps something with the Dispossed?

Shadow Aelves have been teased so much that they're definitely happening and probably due out next year at some point. 

And perhaps Slaneesh Mortals as well?

• Like 1

Considering Slaanesh mortals has 1 model at present and the other Chaos Gods all have quite extensive and new mortal models, yes I'd wager there's a "Second wave" for Slaanesh somewhere in the works. however I'd wager there's a "second wave" for most armies for AoS. Either adding new things or replacing old things. 

What if the expected Shadow Elves/Malerion faction is actually Vampiric Elves? I mean we have elves riding sharks so why not?

Weirdly, the last line of that article is interesting. "...there might not even be a Male-".

So is that implying that someone  discovered Malerion wasn't real and then was subsequently assassinated? 

• Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

25 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

What if the expected Shadow Elves/Malerion faction is actually Vampiric Elves? I mean we have elves riding sharks so why not?

Weirdly, the last line of that article is interesting. "...there might not even be a Male-".

So is that implying that someone  discovered Malerion wasn't real and then was subsequently assassinated? 

It’s not too far removed an idea. After all Dark Elf Blood was first used to create Nagash, the Undead literally stem from that Race, it wouldn’t be entirely odd for the depraved Dark Elves of Ulgu to be Vampiric in nature.

Maybe they require Blood to sustain their Ethereal Souls, or something fantasy and spooky which makes some more sense. 

I’ve been toying with the idea of Be’lakor being entwined with both the sundering and then bringing Dark Elves to Nagash to use their Blood to create the Undead. Although for my own fan-lore sake I’ve made Be’lakor be the cause of both of these events, but I can’t take away the Importance that Dark Elf Blood is connected with the Undead. 

Edited by Kronos
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, novakai said:

aren't Idoneath Deepkin sort of like Vampire but instead of blood sucking kind  they syphon souls off their victims

Basically yes. Though unlike blood they can't harvest from you over and over and over again. So a key difference is that established sane vampires will typically rule a kingdom of living humans. Using them as serfs and basically as food bank for blood. In the Old World stories (and I suspect its carried over) those who are fed upon become almost intoxicated with the need to allow their vampire to feed on them - some going silghtly insane with how protective over their vampire they can be. Basically not only are they cattle, but also willing servants given over to their owners thirst

Idoneth on the other hand can't farm the living so easily; so they have to rely on stealing into settlements, stealing away those they can whilst leaving enough of the host nation to repopulate at a latter date with fresh "living people" who have souls rather than soulless. Hence why they often stick to coastal regions rather than driving hard into land based regions to invade. 

Idoneth actually have a much harder time than vampires in feeding; of course the plus side is they don't have to fear the sun. 

No 

this article is just like a jest of how “normal people” view strange things in the mortal realms

Much of content has been mentioned before: Bugman was here since the age of myth, seraphon is battling against Da Moon,  Slaanesh is escaping, ur-gold is for reviving griminir, and at last, though Malerion never leaves his throne in Druchiroth, where there is shadow, there is the king of shadow.

• Like 1

There was also the book which listed Malerian as a Chaos God which was explained as a printing error.  I've always wondered whether the error was that the information was printed, not that it was wrong.  Perhaps there is more to this.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Interested about this, as my End Times lore is limited to wiki articles.  Did they say what the safe places were?  Could it have been the Mortal Realms or am I thinking too much into it?

Well I am remembering from a section posted at the time on a forum - probably Warseer - I didn't read the book but there was a quote around the final fall of the dwarf kingdoms. It was implied he was taking the dwarfs elsewhere - Dwarfs would endure even if this world fell to paraphrase. This was pre AoS but would fit.. a bit like the Wood elf character taking his people to alternative realm .. but I haven't been aware of Bugman actually being in the Realms..

50 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

No 

this article is just like a jest of how “normal people” view strange things in the mortal realms

Much of content has been mentioned before: Bugman was here since the age of myth, seraphon is battling against Da Moon,  Slaanesh is escaping, ur-gold is for reviving griminir, and at last, though Malerion never leaves his throne in Druchiroth, where there is shadow, there is the king of shadow.

Hadn't read that about Bugman before but my AoS knowledge is pretty limited .. so he's been referenced even in a passing way in the lore.. that s good 

• Like 1

Yeah, he's like the White Dwarf. Stubborn duardin spirits that secretly travel the realms. There's a nice bit there in AoS Champions Online that the only way to play the Grombrindal card without physically getting it is playing a Death faction draft deck as they are technically spirits/ghosts.

22 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

There was also the book which listed Malerian as a Chaos God which was explained as a printing error. 

Definitely an error but it's kind of easy to forgive considering what the shadow realm turned him into:

latest?cb=20170626193952

There's hints the Shadowkin under him were made in his image just like Morathi made the melusai in her snake demigod image and that's got me really excited for a shadow daemon god of order (aelf Loki) leading armies of horned shadow aelves to battle in the realms to avenge themselves against chaos.(the devil horned, tailed and shadow nature hinted has me convinced they stabbed the reporter with their shadow magic that also stopped the bleeding. Probably a nasty/terrifying soul-stabbing ability for future lore)

Hopefully Tyrion and more fantastical angelic winged aelves of the Zenith will pop up around the same to balance out the shadows. ;)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 3

I'm probably in the minority there , but I really wouldn't like to see aelves with actual wings on the Hysh aelf side. Maybe with some wings made out of light or something, but then we already have that on the Order side. The angel theme seems to fit better with the Stormcast und the Realm of Heaven in my few. 

Now a Tyrion army with aelves riding some fantastic monsters like the dragon-phoenix we can see on the Dawnrider banner, I'd love to see something like that. And combine that with more winged theme helmets on the aelves for the people who don't like the horn style of the mountain faction. 

Really looking forward to what they are going to do with Malerion and his units. When reading Soulbound, it looked to me like he is still way off in the future, with him being described to be passive and not venturing out of his citadel, loosing worshippers etc. So getting a rumor like this in combination with the Slaanesh one is exciting. 

• Like 7

hmm, If they are going with the demon and angel aspect with the new High and Dark Aelves in AoS, I did felt like they where going with a Dante's divine comedy approach with Ulgu and Hysh.

the way they made Hysh with the ten paradise had some parallel with Dante's Paradiso with nine sphere of heaven and a central hub in the middle

and if I recall some info on Ulgu they had like 13 ring like region similar to how the circles of hell work in Inferno

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, novakai said:

hmm, If they are going with the demon and angel aspect with the new High and Dark Aelves in AoS, I did felt like they where going with a Dante's divine comedy approach with Ulgu and Hysh.

the way they made Hysh with the ten paradise had some parallel with Dante's Paradiso with nine sphere of heaven and a central hub in the middle

and if I recall some info on Ulgu they had like 13 ring like region similar to how the circles of hell work in Inferno

If they do go with angels and demons as themes, I have only two words:

Holy Cow!

• Haha 2