The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, novakai said:

looks like the big thing after Realmlords and Gargants is going to be whatever this new Necron release is going to be announce in late May

Potentially another of the announcements meant for Adepticon? Good for 40K though it's about time Xenos took centre stage!!

50 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Potentially another of the announcements meant for Adepticon? Good for 40K though it's about time Xenos took centre stage!!

could be, people think it was the new edition for 40k with a new starter set between Necrons and Space Marine

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheR00zle said:

Because you're the evil poster boy faction.

Plus you guys have a giant dragon riding character(he's expensive, but so is most of this hobby).

Eh, rather have a $50 plastic character on foot with good rules than a $1,000 resin dragon from forge world with bad rules.

2 hours ago, Wobbly said:

I don't see the benefit for GW to announce the starting up of their factory and at the same time start doing the next week shout out for the pre-orders. Not accounting for what GW has stored of upcoming releases, the start up of their factory most likely will hit some snags (hopefully minor) and they likely want their production to be (to a degree) ahead of demand, product launch and resupply.

I would think they would like to start up their factory and get it working properly before starting up releasing new stuff.

I have to imagine they are starting up their factory this week though which would give them 2 weeks before new releases. I don't see why they'd even need the factory to fill new releases. All that stuff shipped and should be in warehouses already.

11 minutes ago, Raviv said:

It and that the next preview is on the 23rd.

Do you think it's going to be exclusively 40K?

It may just be this Necron Pariah unveiling. By that time the Factories may be back open and running and thus GW could start shipping and advertising the models they already have planned including the Lumineth and the Sons meaning they can save the next big Preview for another month or so or until they're caught up with what should have been released by now.

2 hours ago, novakai said:

looks like the big thing after Realmlords and Gargants is going to be whatever this new Necron release is going to be announce in late May

18 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

It may just be this Necron Pariah unveiling. By that time the Factories may be back open and running and thus GW could start shipping and advertising the models they already have planned including the Lumineth and the Sons meaning they can save the next big Preview for another month or so or until they're caught up with what should have been released by now.

My guess is it'll be The Silent King for Necrons, that is pretty huge if we are getting a model for him and as a Necron player I can not wait. Gonna be honest though it's made the decision to buy into Lumineth or Sons (probably get both eventually since I can't decide might start with Sons though since it'll be low model count) as soon as they release real hard knowing what might be on the horizon for my little pseudo-Egyptian space terminators with a bad case of megalomania.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I have to imagine they are starting up their factory this week though which would give them 2 weeks before new releases. I don't see why they'd even need the factory to fill new releases. All that stuff shipped and should be in warehouses already.

Yes most likely they have new releases ready and waiting in warehouses around the world. The question is how many they have of those or rather for how many weeks would those releases fill?

Starting up the factory x of weeks before starting the release of new stuff would give them the opportunity to both resupply their existing products (and that supply is not limitless) and start filling up the queue of new releases. I doubt GW would like to halt their pre-order for a week or two after they have restarted it with big fanfare and has had it going for 1-4 weeks.

Overall they have their big logistic net to get going smoothly again (as much as possible) and that ain't accomplished quickly.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Wobbly said:

Yes most likely they have new releases ready and waiting in warehouses around the world. The question is how many they have of those or rather for how many weeks would those releases fill?

Starting up the factory x of weeks before starting the release of new stuff would give them the opportunity to both resupply their existing products (and that supply is not limitless) and start filling up the queue of new releases. I doubt GW would like to halt their pre-order for a week or two after they have restarted it with big fanfare and has had it going for 1-4 weeks.

Overall they have their big logistic net to get going smoothly again (as much as possible) and that ain't accomplished quickly.

Add to that restrictions on travel and transport. Plus restrictions in other countries they might want to wait on. Might be awhile before they pull the trigger. 

Edited by Kramer

10 hours ago, elfhead said:

Isn’t this just the next psychic awakening book with Necrons? 

Doesn’t look like it. There was no Psychic Awakening branding in the video and there’s rumours of 9th edition this year with Space Marines and Necrons in the box which look more likely now. 

Cherubs were a thing in WHFB as part of the empire range but they only really came in around 7th edition. They drew criticism from some folks for being too similar to the 40k imperium, which I get because there the cherubs are creepy servitors whereas in WHFB they're just sort of winged babies.

I think that the GW plastic production flow will be massively impacted in the next few months: they have to produce not only all the new scheduled items but in addition they have to do all the late former units that are already out of stock. This will take some time especially if they are not at full production rate in the beggining. They have to refill everything with a limited production capacity.

I don't think that the brexit will impact directly GW products as all trade rules are more or less set atm. But I'm afraid that the global market UK and EU (and worldwide due to covid) will have some negative side effect and some collateral damage that lead to price increase (in addition to the problems above)...

You guys realise the factory has been running for a couple of weeks now fulfilling back orders and getting new orders out to customers and independent stores.

I wouldn't be surprised to get some form of news this week when we can expect some new releases.

34 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

You guys realise the factory has been running for a couple of weeks now fulfilling back orders and getting new orders out to customers and independent stores.

Where do you get this news from? They started to manage orders with items in stock but I've read nowhere that the factory  was producing again...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I wouldn't be surprised to get some form of news this week when we can expect some new releases.

Warehouses have been working. The factory is still closed. That said the next few weeks of new releases have probably already been manufactured. I wouldn't be surprised to see an article on Sunday about preorders the following weekend 

• Like 1

Those are some interesting spells! One is basically armour which suggests that their native spells have long reach and/or their wizards have reach boosters. The arcane twin stones supports this idea of a mage sitting back from the fight and lobbing out spells. Interestingly GW tell us how is generates magic reserves, but not what it can do with them.

The final, the petrification, is nasty. Two goes at dealing mortal wounds per turn (once at the start and once at the end of movement) and also sapping movement speed. I could see that being a popular spell against tough but slower armies like Ossiarchs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Eltharion - 220

Seems fair counting in all the rules they‘ve shown us so far 

Yet he apparently has even more special rules + Allegiance Abilities 

edit: Imo this guy will be about as strong if not stronger than an Eidolon of Mathlann, Aspect of the Storm. So he should be ~ 280-300 pts

Edited by JackStreicher