The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

God, that's filthy. It's like they crowdsourced the rules from starving, feral high elf fans. The early game rush to delete him with mortal wounds will be ridiculous, and people will have their days and possibly their overall enjoyment of the hobby absolutely ruined if he gets into combat. I'm into it.

But who is better: him or Gotrek?

On 5/7/2020 at 12:01 AM, zilberfrid said:

How about d4's? Metal, preferably.

If you're ever playing D&D and use caltrops and your DM uses the Player's Guide value of 1 damage rather than 1d4 damage for caltrops, just get up and leave the table.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Jefferson Skarsnik said:

their overall enjoyment of the hobby absolutely ruined if he gets into combat.

I know it was rather meant ironically, but for a lot of people this is a fact.

With such rules the enjoyment of the game will decrease for many. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheR00zle said:

But who is better: him or Gotrek?

Definitely Gotrek, by a mile. His mortal wound shrug for one thing. Eltharion will die so quick to mw’s (unless he has a shrug we don’t know about?).

Plus Gotrek’s exploding D6 mw output and his rerollable hits to fish for 6’s is just plain crazy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, King Under the Mountain said:

GOTREK...I mean THE FORUM LIVES!!!

Glad its back up 

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

It was quite some time!! Had me worried a little.

I thought it was just me!

On 5/9/2020 at 7:11 AM, Skreech Verminking said:

Considering that gotrek doesn't even see Thanqoul as a thread, and hardly has any problems killing morathi (after 3rounds or more of combat), I hardly think that that elvish, body less boy can keep up with a Gotrek.

As it should be .. beards before a bodiless elf..

• Like 3

Some potentially good news as Boris Johnson has announced that Construction and Manufacturing workers can return to work, wether that includes GW is yet to be seen, unless it just means Manufacturing in conjunction with building.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2020/may/10/uk-coronavirus-live-boris-johnson-to-announce-covid-19-alert-system

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Some potentially good news as Boris Johnson has announced that Construction and Manufacturing workers can return to work, wether that includes GW is yet to be seen, unless it just means Manufacturing in conjunction with building.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2020/may/10/uk-coronavirus-live-boris-johnson-to-announce-covid-19-alert-system

I expected they would announce a reopening of manufacturing today which makes me more surprised that nothing is going on pre-order next weekend.

I don't see the benefit for GW to announce the starting up of their factory and at the same time start doing the next week shout out for the pre-orders. Not accounting for what GW has stored of upcoming releases, the start up of their factory most likely will hit some snags (hopefully minor) and they likely want their production to be (to a degree) ahead of demand, product launch and resupply.

I would think they would like to start up their factory and get it working properly before starting up releasing new stuff.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I expected they would announce a reopening of manufacturing today which makes me more surprised that nothing is going on pre-order next weekend.

3 minutes ago, Wobbly said:

I don't see the benefit for GW to announce the starting up of their factory and at the same time start doing the next week shout out for the pre-orders. Not accounting for what GW has stored of upcoming releases, the start up of their factory most likely will hit some snags (hopefully minor) and they likely want their production to be (to a degree) ahead of demand, product launch and resupply.

I would think they would like to start up their factory and get it working properly before starting up releasing new stuff.

When it was thought that restrictions would be lifted in early April they said we wouldnt see the roll out of things till early May. So even if they are opening I wouldnt expect to see anything new untill June.