The Rumour Thread

32 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Aye the only thing that makes me think FEC more than SB is because of the worn down sword. 

Unless this vampire has seen a rough few centuries, you'd think these nobles of vampire society would make sure their equipment was fresh and kept well. 

It'll be a lovely model no doubt but really hope its SB over FEC. Gimme puar swole badass vampires who'll challenge anything and anyone just because they can. 

I'd love it to be a Soulblight model. I'm playing Legion of Blood, but I'd go full Vampires in an instant if they received a proper tome. It's due, the Knights will ride again. 

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

God job!!!

I think it´s not Fec: they have longer nails and some pointy bones over their body. It´s the arm of a Soulblight model, similar to Mannfred one.

But yes. The sword seems to be very old... Maybe it´s some kind of special character that shows a long time asleep vampire... The return of Vlad? Or they reimagine vampire weapons again... or a Necrarch model.

Long time we had listen about Soulblight rumours, and they´re suppose to be at the beggining of 2021, so seems plausible to start seeing some Rumour Engine about them. LoN it´s still in AoS 1.0. and that BT needs a rework, so or it´s the rework of that tome, or it´s their ending, starting as a new Vampire tome with Mannfred, Neferata, vampires, necromancers, wights, grave guard, skellies, zombies, etc... and new vampire models. Some classic undead reimagined for AoS.

HYPE!

The ghouls and horrors tend to have the pointy bones. The Abhorrants, not so much. It also looks like this has the vestigial wing that the Archregent has, and the sword’s crossguard has a very similar design to the sword on that model. 

If this is FEC it shares the most characteristics with their most high-ranking model, the Archregent. But it wouldn’t make much sense to release another Archregent sculpt. My personal hope is that it’s Ushoran. 

18 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I saw it and immediately saw the clawed hand of one of Malerion's draco-fide followers...

...then came here and saw the more probable answers. 😢

that's too far left of field to be sensible.

it's actually the greatsword from the Warcry Chaos Johan warband...

they're not fleeing... any more..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, TheWilddog said:

Either a FEC or a Soulblight release would pump me up. This is probably the most excited I have ever gotten over a rumor engine. This one needs to be spoiled ASAP!!!!!!!!!!! 

death has been far too long since they got yet another string to their bow so you're probably right. Maybe this lord will the the mighty diorama unbeatable millennia old big fighty lord to the mighty diorama unbeatable millennia old big strategic lord that is Katacodpiece.

if this teaser is anything to go by though I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing,

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fellman said:

A mega-gargant leding normal gargants

1.jpg.ed788e57f3245c02690b7c4ed5145f57.jpg

2.jpg.0c89d396de00dc046b1f6a9d3167d67e.jpg

I absolutely love the idea of small bands of Gargants led by Mega Gargants. I may have to run multiple themed armies of Gargants.

2 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Model wise I'm sure they'll look Archaon straight in the eye.

Really looking forward to this release.

It looks like the Mega Gargants will literally look him in the eyes. I cannot wait for the lads to drop, I'm so ****** excited for them!!

2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

I'll buy one big guy ASAP to celebrate the end of lockdown! (and to use it in all my armies).

I'm starting with 1-3 and the Battletome and growing from there!!

• Like 1

White dwarf 454 apparently previews Lumineth in Warcry:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/05/06/white-dwarf-news-and-a-previewgw-homepage-post-4/
So I guess they are coming between now and end of June? And depending on the release Warcry models may be limited to those in the box showed few weeks back, so just infantry and cavalry. Unless they release everything before end of June...

15 minutes ago, Infernalslayer said:

As cool as they usually look, i very much dislike miniatures with long spears/pikes, especially  when they all hold them facing forward.

It is a nightmare when playing with or against them, trying to rank them up without breaking bits off or damaging the paint.

Yeah, I have a feeling these guys are going to look amazing but be really hard to play with.

On 5/6/2020 at 2:17 AM, Kramer said:

Oh preach it brother! 

Or just the same ruleset. I keep wanting hammerhal. But I don’t want to GM it. but I want it. But I don’t want a GM. But but I want to quest 😞

I have both Hammerhal and Silver Tower. The GM part is a bit of a nuisance, but if you take the Silver Tower method that the controlling player (torch bearer or rune marked) sets up the rooms as you go, could work. My kids quest, I GM, which is ok until the dice fall my way... and then the fight started... 

I would like to see the same support for Hammerhal as Blackstone fortress gets though. Man is there some content for that one. The last update for Hammerhal was early 18.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1