The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

For death, I found one that fancies me (maybe by switching some of the mini skellies with some actual GW death minis) : 

That is amazing. I hope to find something equivalent for my Slaves to Darkness (still leaning towards creature caster). But if I ever start an undead army I may have to follow suit. I will also recommend it to my cousin who just started Legions of Nagash.

As for the rumour engine. I keep posting about it but I want Oxyotl in AOS!

Edited by Neverchosen

Holding onto hope about some form of an announcement this weekend about the next Online Preview. 

Also Stormcast Podcast is definitely delayed because of the Lockdown isnt it? Lumineth surely were supposed to be released in April and thus were probably the topic of discussion on the next podcast. Followed by another usual episode or two and then another on the Sons of Behemat surely.

Edited by KingBrodd

On 4/28/2020 at 3:55 PM, Neverchosen said:

That is amazing. I hope to find something equivalent for my Slaves to Darknes

Mark my words, people are going to use that mindset and this battletome as an excuse to start putting action figures on their Warhammer tables.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Mark my words, people are going to use that mindset and this battletome as an excuse to start putting action figures on their Warhammer tables.

I think I can make a 1500 point army using LEGO. But then that was my expensive plastic hobby before I started Warhammer.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2020 at 4:00 PM, KingBrodd said:

I cannot wait to get a good look at the kit. If it's anything like the Aleguzzler there is going to be so much extra gubbins.

I hope so. I remember when White Dwarf used to do pictures of all the bits that came with new kits, like the Fortified Manor.

It was an awesome way to see and plan new projects.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

I think I can make a 1500 point army using LEGO. But then that was my expensive plastic hobby before I started Warhammer.

Nice. I've played warhammer with LEGO before too. For RPGs we always use lego minifigures for characters, since the are the worlds most affordable, posable 40 mm scal minis, and are not only infinitely customisable, but are customisable on the fly! Nothing made for actual gaming even comes close when you think about it. 

Edited by EccentricCircle
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Nice. I've played warhammer with LEGO before too. For RPGs we always use lego minifigures for characters, since the are the worlds most affordable, posable 40 mm scal minis, and are not only infinitely customisable, but are customisable on the fly! Nothing made for actual gaming even comes close when you think about it. 

We did so, too. I even built/painted/ modified them to closely represent my characters 😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beastmaster said:

We did so, too. I even built/painted/ modified them to closely represent my characters 😄

My current group uses LEGO too. Easiest to change standard weapons/outfits. I've brick built quite a few opponents, and Hagrid is commonly an ogre.

LEGO may have been oversized in the past, but GW's scale creep took it a lot closer.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I wonder if the next Online Preview will showcase upcoming Black Library novels?  The banner from a couple months ago said coming soon and the image we pondered was a Gargant definitely turned out to be Warstomper. So the question remains, is it a book from the Sons perspective or from a Mortals such as Gloomspite?

GW can keep the digital supply of BL novels flowing easily and the writing side can keep working too so BL should only be affected in terms of physical products. The real question is how much they want to split physical and digital products up. Though considering how fast limited edition books sell out all the time from BL I can't see it would be an issue to have the hardbacks and paperbacks appear later - the limited ones will still sell like crazy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Overread said:

GW can keep the digital supply of BL novels flowing easily and the writing side can keep working too so BL should only be affected in terms of physical products. The real question is how much they want to split physical and digital products up. Though considering how fast limited edition books sell out all the time from BL I can't see it would be an issue to have the hardbacks and paperbacks appear later - the limited ones will still sell like crazy. 

Good point about the Digital Sales. Well I do hope we hear some new BL news for AOS, I'd love to read a novel about a city or village under siege from the Sons and what the perspective of an average Mortal Farmer or Freeguild Soldier would be when a Mega Gargant takes a cannon shell and keeps on strolling. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NorthernNurgling said:

If I don't paint an aelf soon I'm going to turn to the Dark Gods...

You say it like it's a bad thing... Why painting long-ears when you can join our ranks. Glory to the GHR!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, NorthernNurgling said:

So is anyone holding out hope for a preview this weekend? Personally I'm looking for the smallest scrap of Lumineth info. If I don't paint an aelf soon I'm going to turn to the Dark Gods...

No, they would have promoted the preview a week ahead of time and we would have known about one already.

Edited by novakai

Wow I did not know Warhammer Fest was supposed to be this weekend. Time has flew by for me, guess bogging yourself down in painting has it's upsides. 😂

The last preview article said to keep an eye out in early May so I don't expect anything this weekend other than details on the next preview for either next week or the week after.

• Like 1

What was supposed to be the next release? Since that will presumably be the first thing to drop once they get things running again? I want to say Zoats for blackstone fortress and LotR made to order, but am uncertain. If it was going to be made to order then thats fairly easy for them to do as a "warmup" since those come with a long delay anyway.

16 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

What was supposed to be the next release? Since that will presumably be the first thing to drop once they get things running again? I want to say Zoats for blackstone fortress and LotR made to order, but am uncertain. If it was going to be made to order then thats fairly easy for them to do as a "warmup" since those come with a long delay anyway.

I’m hoping for that and House of Blades for Necromunda.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

That's a bit strange that there has been no ad for the supposed tomorrow announcement... Will there be something tomorow to replace the Warhammer fest?

Unless there is some suprise announcement I doubt there is anything coming up tommorow