The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

One that's actually in production would be sweet.

But nothing is in production! ;)

Though yes I do get your point. GW has a really odd relationship with card based games in that on the one hand they seem to want them to keep going for ages; but on the other they also seem to only want to ever make one overseas order for the cards. Old Warbands should get repackaged with new cards and keep going. That's healthier for Underworld and the game and means we don't end up at a point in the future with some armies (looking at you stormcast) with 10 underworld warbands which don't really fit into AoS all that well; mostly get used as counts-as models and where only one actually works in the then series of Underworld. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

More Idoneth would be awesome, i suspect Ironjawz getting the Savage orcs on board may be all they get for now. I wouldnt be sad if they just forgot all about Fyreslayers and maybe did some Grungi following dwarves or Grimmir dwarves that dont suck. Or Chaos Dwarves, basically any Dwarves but Fyreslayers.

DID SOMEBODY SAY CHAOS DWARVES?! All jokes aside I'm hoping that in the relative future we receive some form of new plastic kit.......

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheR00zle said:

DID SOMEBODY SAY CHAOS DWARVES?! All jokes aside I'm hoping that in the relative future we receive some form of new plastic kit.......

Official statement from TECLIS LONGHORNS INC.

"We'd welcome a new entree into the market for bull imagery. So far the competition has been severely lacking (sorry Beastmen). Serious competition can only raise the whole market. We can assure our valued customers that our dedicated team of aetherquartz-powered tech-mages are already working right now on the next generation of super-horny imagery to stay ahead of the curve!"

On 4/22/2020 at 2:02 PM, Boytoy said:

destruction crab people. idoneth crab people or vampire pirates' crab people, i care not. just give me crab people

Much as I would love crab people, the detail on that model is too crude to be a large model.  Odds are that it's a small element of a larger model.

Given that the Rumor Engine guys seem to love posting random basing elements of larger models, this is most likely one of the random underwater wildlife that follows the Deepkin around.

Essentially it looks like part of the base on a new Deepkin model.

49 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Hey, thousands of years in Slaanesh's belly, what'd you think happen? 

Fair point, but I think it should be reinforced that TopHatAndHorns Co. owns the bull icon in it's entirety when placed on a rather large and overbearing hat, and I believe that a lawsuit may be in order, as dictated in Artycle 3, Amendment 2 of the Kharadron Code.

• Like 2

Not up to competition, huh? Also, the TopHatAndHorns Co.'s bull-horned-hat patent doesn't include horns on pointy hats, no one (really absolutely no one) thought that was a good idea.

(I do hope we see Chaos Dwarfs updated in the future. They fit really well with AoS, and have really strong fans, fingers crossed).

We know that we're getting big new armies for order and destruction this year (for varying definitions of "big ") going by last year it wouldn't at all surprise me for Death and chaos to get something too. On the chaos front something like skaven or Chaos Dwarfs would make some sense. They've literally just updated StD effectively tying together the warriors of chaos. If Slaaneshi mortals are in the works it likely won't be for a while, and the other gods armies,thanks are pretty healthy model wise. I could see a big beaets release which adds the other three god-gors, but can't see vanilla beasts getting much. No way to know really, but if they want a "new" Chaos ar my then they could do worse than the Dawi Zharr.

I have no reason to base any of this on but I think that on the 3rd or 4th of May we may get news of when the next Online Preview will take place and I would guess it would be around the 16th of May. I have zero evidence to base this theory on.

I just feel if they announce it on the first Sunday of the month, roughly 2 weeks after the 3rd Preview, for 2 weeks later on the 16th it would be enough to appease fans so that they're getting news at least every 2 weeks an would give GW a month long gap between the Previews.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

We know that we're getting big new armies for order and destruction this year (for varying definitions of "big ") going by last year it wouldn't at all surprise me for Death and chaos to get something too. On the chaos front something like skaven or Chaos Dwarfs would make some sense. They've literally just updated StD effectively tying together the warriors of chaos. If Slaaneshi mortals are in the works it likely won't be for a while, and the other gods armies,thanks are pretty healthy model wise. I could see a big beaets release which adds the other three god-gors, but can't see vanilla beasts getting much. No way to know really, but if they want a "new" Chaos ar my then they could do worse than the Dawi Zharr.

Their Chaos release for the year could be individual kits for the new models in the STD Start Collecting box. Probably not ETB and with more build options.

• Like 2

Between Lumineth, Sons and most likely 9th Edition 40k taking up most of the post-lockdown schedule for the remainder of the year I, personally, wouldn't expect a new AoS army until next winter... maybe another Gloomspite situation where it's shown off on Christmas Day or New Year.

Multipart Chaos Warriors/Knights don't seem like too much of a stretch though, I agree with this. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Extremely minor thing to note but the WHC article today on Rich Dando's (excellent) gargant army features these sort of interstitial headers or page breaks, the kind you'd see in, say, a battletome. From their style and the size of the skulls, I suspect these are from the SoB battletome.

Just saw these and was going to post as well. Interestingly one of the Skulls has quite prominent lower Tusks, I wonder if this is an alternate head or just a cool design.

I am so jealous of his Gargant army!! Its beautiful to see and I cannot wait to hopefully rival it someday!! First stop 6 Mega Gargants...

Edited by KingBrodd

Yeah the tusks were a surprise! It does make you wonder as they're currently really only a thing on the chaos giant.  The mega-dudes we've seen appear to be sticking to large, slab-like, exaggerated human-ish teeth, not these orky tusks. I guess we'll see (and hopefully also see how chaos giants are being incorporated in the background).

58 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Yeah the tusks were a surprise! It does make you wonder as they're currently really only a thing on the chaos giant.  The mega-dudes we've seen appear to be sticking to large, slab-like, exaggerated human-ish teeth, not these orky tusks. I guess we'll see (and hopefully also see how chaos giants are being incorporated in the background).

I think that theyll probably keep the Chaos Giants as the variant Aleguzzler kit for now. In a few years they could get a Chaos Mega Gargant.

58 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I think that theyll probably keep the Chaos Giants as the variant Aleguzzler kit for now. In a few years they could get a Chaos Mega Gargant.

2 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Woaaa I love the use of the big skull as a helmet for the BoneGrinder. You better belieeeeve that's going on a big boi. 

I did the same thing for a second Rogue Idol I have been working on that I want themed more for Bonesplitterz.  The Beastgrave terrain box has a number of really good bits in it.

I really liked the gargant blowing the horn.  That is a great conversion and use of parts from the beasts of chaos endless spell box.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • LOVE IT! 1

24 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

I did the same thing for a second Rogue Idol I have been working on that I want themed more for Bonesplitterz.  The Beastgrave terrain box has a number of really good bits in it.

I really liked the gargant blowing the horn.  That is a great conversion and use of parts from the beasts of chaos endless spell box.

Oh so using that head over the rogue idol model? That's so awesome I'd love to see it when its finished! 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Oh so using that head over the rogue idol model? That's so awesome I'd love to see it when its finished! 

You would be surprised at how difficult it was to find a skull big enough to work as a helmet for a big monster like a Rogue Idol or a Bonegrinder.  I looked through pretty much all of the GW standard model range, a number of alternate model ranges, and I started searching out things like jewelry or fish-tank scenery to get a dragon/monster skull.

In the end, I used the same one that was used for the Bonegrinder - which comes from the Beastgrave terrain box:  https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/WHU-Beastgrave-Primal-Lair-2019

• Thanks 1