The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Beastmaster said:

Aren’t the books made in China?

It's my understanding that the vast bulk of printing of books happens in China/Asia and that region. Basically not just GW but a huge part of the book printing industry is manufactured over there. I believe GW has considered making purchases of their own card printing machinery, but I don't think they've invested into it. 

So all their cards, boxes, books, battletomes etc... all comes in big container shipments from China. In addition we get terrain and endless spells produced over there as well and, again, sent in big shipments. 

The result is any disruption to that system can put things in limbo. I think that with China's factories back online and GW's lag on orders chances are the ymight not actually be all that affected by it. They've likely got their block for several months already in hand. Plus with the lockdown GW's releases from themselves are months backlogged so any shutdown in china is likely something that wont' hurt them. The real issue would be running  out of things like packaging and suchlike. Though I would wager they've likely taken estimations and placed orders so that when they restart they've got bulk orders of them to allow them to facilitate restarting. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Lumineth River sub-faction!  🤪

Sorry, still caught in lack-of-new-information hallucinations.

Yeah, Idoneth would make sense. If that’s true this really become the year of the Aelves in AoS (and Giants : ) ). 

Aelves and Gargants unite!!

4 minutes ago, The lord of murder said:

Or vampire pirates  , with rotting leviathan.

I think it's either Idoneth or the Vampire Pirates. Leaning more towards Idoneth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PraetorDragoon said:

A create your own city allegiance generator?

Just add rules to the existing city generator that was on Warhammer Community.

And of course, add batallions! One battallion for each subfaction, to be used in whatever city you like.

And clarify whether battallions from an included faction (Kharadron, Sylvaneth, Stormcast) can be included as well.

Following the insane success of Keeper of Secrets Spam witness the new Keeper with extra crab claw!

Behold the newest Imperial Guard general as he feasts from his dining table upon the battlefield. A large diorama model for the IG with the general at his mobile dining table, so that he can sup win and eat rare delicacies (including lobser and crab) whilst issuing orders to his brave Guardsmen. 

Cower in fear from the latest rendition of Old One Eye as he arises now reborn from the depths of the seas to rain death and destruction upon his foes who once thought the great Carnifex dead

Get ready to Rumble on the football pitches as the Idoneth storm onto the Bloodbowl Fields. With mighty crabcrustations ready to hold defence and eels ready to wriggle their way to victory! Be weary for the ball as they've puffer lobber fish to swap in for a poisonous deception

• Like 5

I feel this crab will be much like Teclis’ tree, yes part of the model but in no way related to the actual whole piece. As fun as the engine can be sometimes I do miss things like silhouettes or jigsaws in the way FW used reveal nearing on  xmas. 

Either way my money is an Idoneth spell or Idoneth Warband. 

Edited by Kronos

50 minutes ago, The lord of murder said:

Id prefer idoneth to have more ,''graceful'' and fast  creatures. A big angry crab could be fun but it dosen t scream Idoneth to me.

I was thinking about this, and decided I would love to have Namarti associated with crustaceans. Maybe representing the beasts of burden used by the lay people (farmers, builders, traders) before they had to militarize them in response to the Necroquake. 

In any case, I hope they really lean into the class dynamics between Namarti, Akhellian, and Isharann for the next Battletome, I think that’s an area ripe with conflict, compromises and exceptions to the rule to be explored.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xking said:

I got a little excited that this might finally be some crab unit for Idoneth until I remembered the Krakeneater existed and it's probably an alternate built option for it. Still really cool if it is and I'll definitely be using it on my Krakeneater with my IDK, but come on GW where are my crabs man.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

I got a little excited that this might finally be some crab unit for Idoneth until I remembered the Krakeneater existed and it's probably an alternate built option for it. Still really cool if it is and I'll definitely be using it on my Krakeneater with my IDK, but come on GW where are my crabs man.

I hate that this makes sense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

What do you think it could be on the Krakeneater though? Tbh it doesn't seem like an alt arm build to me, it looks a lot less detailed than it should be for a full arm. Just an added accessory perhaps like the tentacle on his belt?

Excited to find out though, vampire pirate bit af!

Yeah my guess is it's some kind of accessory, could be tied around the belt like you mentiomed with the tentacle. Could even be strapped to a vambrace or maybe a shinguard or something.

• Like 1