The Rumour Thread

So it's time of an April recap. We know that Adepticon preview was meant to be the biggest ever (GW own words) and last at least 2 hours. We know it has been split in at least 4 different sessions. Now it's safe to assume they may have changed a bit the order of things shown, added stuff and obviously hidden much more, but we already have a good outline:

For Age of Sigmar they would have started with some Aelves shenanigans (the nice quiz intro) leading to the Mountain aspect being revealed, then the starter box as the first wave of Lumineth release. Then the Gargants intro would have led to the model presentation and the announcement of the new Destruction battletome.

For Warcry they revealed the last Chaos warband from "first season" and started to tease "next season" with the first purely new Order warband.

They had a bit for almost every other game currently in production, excluding Aeronautica Imperialis and Warhammer Underworld (for which we already knew was too early as Season 4 will not start before Autumn), in particular several new Horus Heresy miniatures, a new team for Blood Bowl and new Elites, a new book for Middle Earth, 2 books of Psychic Awakening for 40k, hints of what Storyforge is preparing, and much more.

To me Adepticon was by far going to be the biggest one I have ever seen, although in the end a bit light of content on AoS side as admittedly high aelves and gargants are not for every one.

Tom and Vince from Warhammer Weekly already hypothesised a "seasonal approach" for Warcry., and I honestly believe could be the case with next season being the mortals of Order. And I don't think they will fit diverse armies, probably mostly temporarily collected in Cities of Sigmar like a potential Order of Azyr. It would be too good of an opportunity for GW to expand the mortals in those realms without having to commit to a full new army. Where "mortals" does not mean merely humans, but also aelves (like the Khainite Shadowstalkers) or duardins or whatever other beings, just not Stormcasts or other more powerful beings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alghero81 said:

So it's time of an April recap. We know that Adepticon preview was meant to be the biggest ever (GW own words) and last at least 2 hours. We know it has been split in at least 4 different sessions. Now it's safe to assume they may have changed a bit the order of things shown, added stuff and obviously hidden much more, but we already have a good outline:

For Age of Sigmar they would have started with some Aelves shenanigans (the nice quiz intro) leading to the Mountain aspect being revealed, then the starter box as the first wave of Lumineth release. Then the Gargants intro would have led to the model presentation and the announcement of the new Destruction battletome.

For Warcry they revealed the last Chaos warband from "first season" and started to tease "next season" with the first purely new Order warband.

They had a bit for almost every other game currently in production, excluding Aeronautica Imperialis and Warhammer Underworld (for which we already knew was too early as Season 4 will not start before Autumn), in particular several new Horus Heresy miniatures, a new team for Blood Bowl and new Elites, a new book for Middle Earth, 2 books of Psychic Awakening for 40k, hints of what Storyforge is preparing, and much more.

To me Adepticon was by far going to be the biggest one I have ever seen, although in the end a bit light of content on AoS side as admittedly high aelves and gargants are not for every one.

Tom and Vince from Warhammer Weekly already hypothesised a "seasonal approach" for Warcry., and I honestly believe could be the case with next season being the mortals of Order. And I don't think they will fit diverse armies, probably mostly temporarily collected in Cities of Sigmar like a potential Order of Azyr. It would be too good of an opportunity for GW to expand the mortals in those realms without having to commit to a full new army. Where "mortals" does not mean merely humans, but also aelves (like the Khainite Shadowstalkers) or duardins or whatever other beings, just not Stormcasts or other more powerful beings.

didn't they announce the final underworlds warbad for this season though? The first lot of Daughters of Khaine. Unless those were shown off earlier and I'm losing track.

7 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

didn't they announce the final underworlds warbad for this season though? The first lot of Daughters of Khaine. Unless those were shown off earlier and I'm losing track.

No that was at GAMA before the lockdown.

i know it feels like an eternity now...

Edited by alghero81

I just need to ingest the Battletome of the Sons for all the juicy lore. The bestiary of the Old World Army Books was my favourite part, even though each Monster usually only had a paragraph and this is a whole time dedicated to monsters!!

I want to know what Gargant society is like, how they live, are there Daughters of Behemat? Do they breed? Are there a finite number of them? Do they constantly grow with age like Crocs and Sharks? Do they have Villages or do they roam like Beastclaws? Do they barter in the cities as Mercenaries or are they sort after? If they live in the cities are there Gargant only sections? How do the Mega Gargants view the Aleguzzler? Is the Bonegrinder a part of them or is he the weird Uncle? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

At the moment I don't think there is much point on trying to guess how GW will release this stuff. Its most likely the case that they themselves don't even know. That's a shame, since trying to guess what comes next is a major part of the hobby! However, we have no way of knowing what the original plan was, to what extent things like manufacture and distribution have been affected or how they will restructure their releases as a result.

We know that their factory and retail is all shut down, but its possible that the new stuff has already been sitting in a warehouse for months waiting to go. Or it might take months of work once they do spin everything back up before we get to a point where they can release as planned. Just a few weeks of delay could massively affect their schedule for the rest of the year, and this could well become months of delay.

It raises questions of what the second half of the year might look like. However, these are questions we simply can't answer. If speculating is a fun activity for you, then by all means do so to your hearts content! But if you are finding it stressful to plan your army, or are getting fed up because the teases are being dragged out then I suggest taking a step back from the rumour game because for now baseless speculation is all we're really going to have for a while!

Looks like there is a slight misunderstanding.

People aren't complaining about the release schedule being uncertain. Everyone understands that Covid 19 has made a prediction about that impossible at the moment. At least in terms of Lumineth, the complaint is that people just want to know what's in the release when they are eventually able to do it (meaning the units connected to this BT, not something further down the line). 

It's easy to say you should step back, but for a lot of us who are being kept at home, the are also not under the best of conditions to just take it easy. They wouldn't even have to show all the models, but just let people know if there is still anything else or not. There are a lot of other things they can do to keep Lumineth fans engaged after that, and for the people who do not like most of the models they have shown so far, it would be helpful too.

GW basically just did that for the Sons of Behemat. It's not like people lose all interest in a faction just because they know what models are coming. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

I’ve been waiting and wanting a larger humanoid body for a particular conversion for awhile. So I am very excited for this.

Shouldn’t be a problem to remove a lot of that junk and resculpt it bare.

Wait... you were looking for a larger humanoid body, you're going to strip bare? There are plenty of sites for that you know ;) 

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I just need to ingest the Battletome of the Sons for all the juicy lore. The bestiary of the Old World Army Books was my favourite part, even though each Monster usually only had a paragraph and this is a whole time dedicated to monsters!!

I want to know what Gargant society is like, how they live, are there Daughters of Behemat? Do they breed? Are there a finite number of them? Do they constantly grow with age like Crocs and Sharks? Do they have Villages or do they roam like Beastclaws? Do they barter in the cities as Mercenaries or are they sort after? If they live in the cities are there Gargant only sections? How do the Mega Gargants view the Aleguzzler? Is the Bonegrinder a part of them or is he the weird Uncle? 

Do they stitch their own loincloths ??? 

• LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

The Old World Bestiary remains one of the most entertainingly written rpg books of all time. I wish that modern battle tomes had that many weird asides, and interviews with random peasants and skaven assassins alike!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Looks like there is a slight misunderstanding.

People aren't complaining about the release schedule being uncertain. Everyone understands that Covid 19 has made a prediction about that impossible at the moment. At least in terms of Lumineth, the complaint is that people just want to know what's in the release when they are eventually able to do it (meaning the units connected to this BT, not something further down the line). 

It's easy to say you should step back, but for a lot of us who are being kept at home, the are also not under the best of conditions to just take it easy. They wouldn't even have to show all the models, but just let people know if there is still anything else or not. There are a lot of other things they can do to keep Lumineth fans engaged after that, and for the people who do not like most of the models they have shown so far, it would be helpful too.

GW basically just did that for the Sons of Behemat. It's not like people lose all interest in a faction just because they know what models are coming. 

isn't that a bit unfair to people that work at GW since they are also dealing with the whole virus thing too, like I really doubt even at best of time the employees are worried about random people (on the internet) being anxious  over the release of plastic pointy Aelves. Keep in mind it just really expensive toys in the end 

sure it easy to think GW is a sole decision making entity machine, but really it just made up of a lot of people who are currently all in limbo and probably deserved to take it easy as well.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, novakai said:

isn't that a bit unfair to people that work at GW since they are also dealing with the whole virus thing too, like I really doubt even at best of time the employees are worried about random people (on the internet) being anxious  over the release of plastic pointy Aelves. Keep in mind it just really expensive toys in the end 

sure it easy to think GW is a sole decision making entity machine, but really it just made up of a lot of people who are currently all in limbo and probably deserved to take it easy as well.

It's such an easy fix though. Imagine if they started the recent article with "the Scinari Cathallar which completes the Lumineth range" or ended it with "look for more Lumineth news coming soon" That's all it would take to fix the situation. I don't think that's asking too much of the community team . 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 3

I just do not think it's all and it's not wishlisting as  I happy with this range and 1 more character and unit (for example) wont change my mind. But

1. Only 10 Warscrolls is quite strange, especially with  3 of them being named hero (or 4 if Eltharion is Eltharion and not like Durthu), and I don't see how could you even make more warscrolls out of it - maybe Stoneguard with different hammers are another unit.  Also there is like only 8 kits, even KO which had tiny release had 11 kits (including heroes). 

2. No Terrain or endless spells in sight - that's strange as they are all about magic  and those armies all got their endless spells. Sure some armies didn't get it like KO, but Luminenth are not an update but full new army - all of those got endless spells and or terrain. Deepkin, Nighthaunt, OBR, Sacrosant. 

That's why I think we will get one more 1 hero (dual kit possibly) and 1 more unit (dual kit possibly) if so it would put number of scrolls and kits in line with other releases.  And then endless spells + maybe terrain. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, robinlvalentine said:

Do they stitch their own loincloths ??? 

I also have wondered this since the beginning!! Do Gargants stitch their own loincloths/pants? Seeing as their Mercenaries I could see them having paid for someone to make them for them. If they made them themselves then it shows craftsmanship and perhaps their not as dim witted as the Aleguzzler.

2 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

The Old World Bestiary remains one of the most entertainingly written rpg books of all time. I wish that modern battle tomes had that many weird asides, and interviews with random peasants and skaven assassins alike!

This is why I love the state of AOS at the moment. We're right on the cusp of everything that's new and we are apart of every new event in the making. In 10-15 years the state of the Mortal Realms will be so incredibly different and as lore filled as the Old World and we can all say we were there at the beginning!!

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

(...)

This is why I love the state of AOS at the moment. We're right on the cusp of everything that's new and we are apart of every new event in the making. In 10-15 years the state of the Mortal Realms will be so incredibly different and as lore filled as the Old World and we can all say we were there at the beginning!!

Well said ! 

Also 2020 is the year the AOS RPG makes its debutes. Warcry expands on new territory. All races got their battletome updated to 2nd Ed. fluff standard (most notably Seraphon). The worldbuilding is expanding greatly (to the Eightpoints, Hysh and Ulgu lately).

Maybe we'll get to see Azyr and Ghur with later expansions in 2020 already 😍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I also have wondered this since the beginning!! Do Gargants stitch their own loincloths/pants? Seeing as their Mercenaries I could see them having paid for someone to make them for them. If they made them themselves then it shows craftsmanship and perhaps their not as dim witted as the Aleguzzler.

The question of where everyone gets their stuff has important implications across the entire fantasy genre.

How many times have we broken into the ritual chamber of a secretive chaos cult, and there is the highpriest/evil sorcerer bedecked in fancy robes, embroidered with the sigils of the dark gods?

It certainly looks cool, but how do they get them?

They can't just take their robes to an ordinary seamstress and say "Can you stitch the symbol of Nurgle here, here, and here in green and gold thread please!"

Do they do it themselves between sacrifices?

Do they get their minions to do it?

Does being good at needlework get you promoted within a cult faster or slower than being good at slaying enemies or infiltrating the cities of order?

Are there companies of unholy seamstresses, able to weave the screams of the unfaithful into fabric for the right price?

Or do they have rooms full of slaves, labouring away to darn the socks of Evil.

We just don't know!

Don't get me started on all those iron shod hooves and the need for Farriers of Chaos!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Well said ! 

Also 2020 is the year the AOS RPG makes its debutes. Warcry expands on new territory. All races got their battletome updated to 2nd Ed. fluff standard (most notably Seraphon). The worldbuilding is expanding greatly (to the Eightpoints, Hysh and Ulgu lately).

Maybe we'll get to see Azyr and Ghur with later expansions in 2020 already 😍

I truly do hope we get an Order VS Destruction Campaign Book this year!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

The question of where everyone gets their stuff has important implications across the entire fantasy genre.

How many times have we broken into the ritual chamber of a secretive chaos cult, and there is the highpriest/evil sorcerer bedecked in fancy robes, embroidered with the sigils of the dark gods?

They can't just take their robes to an ordinary seamstress and say "Can you stitch the symbol of Nurgle here, here, and here in green and gold thread please!"

Does being good at needlework get you promoted within a cult faster or slower than being good at slaying enemies or infiltrating the cities of order?

Are there companies of unholy seamstresses, able to weave the screams of the unfaithful into fabric for the right price?

We just don't know!

Don't get me started on all those iron shod hooves and the need for Farriers of Chaos!

I figure they either have slave workers of different professions, or make prisoners and force them to work whenever they fancy a new robe.

Of course, those get sacrificed anyway after they go insane from stitching all those malefic symbols. 😎

The „Home invasion of the local seamstress by a budding Chaos cult“ scene would actually be a nice theme for a short story contest. Tone could easily vary from very funny to 18++ 😳

Edited by Beastmaster
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

We just don't know!

Little known fact, but Khorne is a keen knitter. 

He has a regular column in Chaos Fashion Monthly - Knit with Khorne.

Most patterns are of skulls and in red but he is also fond of sunflowers and is currently experimenting with neon yellow wool.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Little known fact, but Khorne is a keen knitter. 

He has a regular column in Chaos Fashion Monthly - Knit with Khorne.

Most patterns are of skulls and in red but he is also fond of sunflowers and is currently experimenting with neon yellow wool.

Blood for the blood god. Wools for the wool throne. 

• Like 2

On 11/25/2019 at 12:26 PM, BaylorCorvette said:

Makes sense actually. Last week I was on vacation in the UK and I was at one of their major store fronts and was chatting with one of the employees who asked what faction I played. I told him Legion of Blood and then I proceeded to talk about how I wished LoN would get updated and/or there would be more Vampire stuff. He told me that he has heard internally of a Soulblight related army coming out but not until 2021, which seems like a really long ways away but I don't know. He also mentioned some really big models coming out in the near future fr AoS. If there was a Soulblight related army coming out then I could very well see "Legions of Nagash" being phased out for specific Death factions and not the LoN "soup" as we know it.

Well, now that Sons is official, perhaps this rumor of a Soulblight Battle Tome isn't so far fetched now. In my above post I quoted, I should mentioned that these "really big models" he said that were coming out would be for Destruction.