The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, JangutzKhan said:

Just curious as to why this guy has a Khorne icon? 

It looks to be a trophy in the form of a rather large shield. There is mixed iconography strapped to most of these guys. I do hope that there is enough of such pieces to help these giants fit into various factions. But at this point it seems pretty extraneous to the giants lore. 

• Like 1

I did just think how to get more bang for your mega-gargant buck.

build 1 as normal, simple enough.

then as they can be allied in to any army, you take, say the arms and head of the fishy one with the boat on his head and tentacles etc and you make his base look like the ocean and you have him surfacing out of the water with his head rising out the waves and an arm poking up through the surf.

there’s your Idoneth allied Gargant.

then pull the same trick with the 3rd head appearing out of a lava or swamp or whatever base and you have a ready made Nurgle, Fyreslayer, delete as appropriate, bonus Gargant.

3 mega-gargants for the price of one... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I doubt Lumineth are finished - they would make a full reveal videa/shot I think and I doubt they are not getting"

- endless spells 

- terrain 

Every big release since Nighthaunt/SCE had endless spells and/or terrain. Only Cities and Warcalns didn't. 

Also 10 Warscrolls would single smallest release for AoS.

OBR had 14 Warscrolls (not inluding Nagash, arkhan and Achai) and Deepkin had 13.  Even tiny factions like Fyreslayers (16 Warscrolls) and KO (13) had more. That's not including terrain/endless spells 

• Like 2

I am not sure right now.

I like the range but with this low model count I would definitely not start this army as for me this is not enough variation.

A Gargant as an ally is smart though. I will definitely buy one or two models.

Edited by rosa

I would assume GW still has some irons in the fire left. After Preview 2 they said they are just halfways through. They will just keep the last load for a later point as they seem less confident on when they will be able to pick up business again. Thus is why I understand why there won´t be another Preview this month.

I have to admit that I don´t like the Gargants, the proportions look somehow weird and goofy to me. Nevertheless I like the high details and am eager to play against them! Meanwhile also the Warcry Warband looks fabolous. Looks like a big DoK overhaul may be possible in futute as the video clearly marks them a DoK Band, nevertheless the design is completly new. Notice also the role of male models in this faction. Maybe the Malekith/Malerion Ealfs will be merged with DoK?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DantePQ said:

I doubt Lumineth are finished - they would make a full reveal videa/shot I think and I doubt they are not getting"

- endless spells 

- terrain 

Every big release since Nighthaunt/SCE had endless spells and/or terrain. Only Cities and Warcalns didn't. 

Also 10 Warscrolls would single smallest release for AoS.

OBR had 14 Warscrolls (not inluding Nagash, arkhan and Achai) and Deepkin had 13.  Even tiny factions like Fyreslayers (16 Warscrolls) and KO (13) had more. That's not including terrain/endless spells 

You are assuming a lot here:

1.  We don't know how many warscrolls they are going to have (remember that diferent bits in the same kit can be new warscrolls too).
  2. Kharadrons Overlords doens't have Endless Spells nor Terrain (and 12 warscrolls I believe).
  3. Where is the rule that says that GW can't release a model line with less than 12 warscrolls? Ironjawz had 8 or 9 warscrolls when they were released, and Sons of Behemat will have 2 kits that I'm assuming will not reach the 11-12 warscrolls-mark that we are talking about.

I'm not saying that you are wrong (nobody knows btw) but I can see both options: a first release with miniatures that  we already saw or that they are just waiting for the quarantine to go off and make the release a bit more shiny with new models.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about the Lumineth but in realistically thinking this will be it for the Sons for now. I believe the Battletome will come with the option to designate a Mega Gargant as either King Brodd or a Leader and then in a year os so they can drop the Kit for them as the Warscroll will already exist.

11 hours ago, 123lac said:

I want to see someone convert one of these new Gargants to be wearing full plate armor, a shield and a warhammer. Then use it as an ally for a Cities of Sigmar army. That would be absolutely glorious.

I think we're going to see a lot of themed giants. I know I'm planning on making a custom Bonereapers version that is pretty much a giant skeleton.

I don't really want a Sons army, but I'm excited to see them on tables and to see what they inspire.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raviv said:

Aren't the Lumineth supposed to have representative of all four elements? We didn't see their Zenith/River/Wind heroes/mages/avatars yet.

WhiteFang suggested that was the case- there is more but they won't be released all at once. This is the first wave evidently - further waves will be the other aspects presumably ..

I hope they drop some hints of what other war bands are coming for Warcry- the shadow aelves look great- love how they add detail to a faction. Honestly GW should do the same with Killteam for 40k- some of the ranges are big but are now lacking in detail.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I love brainstorming new ideas with new models, love seeing everyone's plans.

Wonder what the top half of a Mega Gargant with the body of a Stardrake would look like. Super Mega Awesome Dragon Ogor Destroyer!!

Duuuuuuude that would be epic as hell. I cannot wait for everybody's idea to be realized.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, silverstu said:

WhiteFang suggested that was the case- there is more but they won't be released all at once. This is the first wave evidently - further waves will be the other aspects presumably ..

I hope they drop some hints of what other war bands are coming for Warcry- the shadow aelves look great- love how they add detail to a faction. Honestly GW should do the same with Killteam for 40k- some of the ranges are big but are now lacking in detail.

We already know that there are two “waves” of releases. The army box first with the other kits coming later. It is entirely possible that this is what whoever whitefang gets their news from was referring to. Aside from the Stormcast gw has avoided splitting armies into waves. It would be very strange for gw to start that practice again for this army.  Also if they are going to split it into two books would it not make sense to have two of the elements in each book? It is highly unlikely that we will get 4 Lumineth books. 

To end the news about Lumineth with this single model would be more than a little strange. If this is all we are getting it would have made much more sense to swap this for one of the other Lumineth previews. 

I listened again to the talk on the preview section. Throughout the show Adam was being a little cheeky, asking questions about the future, while Eddie was toeing the company line by carefully evading Adam’s questions. I have asked the community team directly on twitter and seen the question on Facebook but gw has not responded. If this is the full range, why not just say so? This has been the single most previewed AOS army to date and the only army to get the limited edition army box treatment. To couple that with the smallest new army for 4 years would also be rather strange. 

Then we have the Tyrion question. We know he is a Lumineth god, so what is he if not a Realm lord? What are they going to call the other book. Lumineth realm lords part 2? The spearmen, archers and cavalry are all universal Lumineth units. This description of the dawnriders  is particularly interesting  “These often include stylised sun and phoenix symbols – though formally centre-aligned between the Hyshian gods, a more militaristic, Tyrionic influence is clearly prevalent. This is further emphasised by the majestic phoenix design on the Dawnriders’ fluttering banner.”

It is possible I suppose that Tyrion simply doesn’t get a model, but given that Teclis has one, that would also be a bit strange. One of the defining factors of the Lumineth is their twin gods, and the duality between sun and moon that is referenced in many of the models. 

Finally if I was designing a range of previews for this army including both Teclis and Tyrion, I would absolutely save Tyrion for last as gw did previously with Morathi and Lady Olynder. If this is the last reveal then gw has definitely mishandled the whole preview cycle. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 4

@Chikout That is what I have thought the whole time until yesterday, but I lost hope. At this point wouldn’t it be also strange that we haven’t seen even a hint of the Tyrionic side, or own of the other elements, if there are still to come? Are they just going to dump 30% of the army at some point next month before they release the starter box? 

Has something like that ever happened? 

I honestly think at this point the drip-feeding is doing them a disservice. It’s pretty stressful for people who have been invested in the Lumineth since January. And there is a lot of negative feedback on yesterday’s reveal and the uncertainty. 

They don’t have to show everything yet, but just come clear what we can expect. GW went from “this is just the tip of the iceberg” in the first preview to something like “we have seen the models, just get them out” without having shown us one additional model in between. 

I understand the difficult situation they are in, but I don’t think they are helping their case anymore with what they are doing right now. 

6 hours ago, JPjr said:

I did just think how to get more bang for your mega-gargant buck.

build 1 as normal, simple enough.

then as they can be allied in to any army, you take, say the arms and head of the fishy one with the boat on his head and tentacles etc and you make his base look like the ocean and you have him surfacing out of the water with his head rising out the waves and an arm poking up through the surf.

there’s your Idoneth allied Gargant.

then pull the same trick with the 3rd head appearing out of a lava or swamp or whatever base and you have a ready made Nurgle, Fyreslayer, delete as appropriate, bonus Gargant.

3 mega-gargants for the price of one... 

As an Idoneth player I love this idea and may have to steal it, for financial reasons. 

I also think that undead could do the classic digging out of the ground look. A massive zombie breaching the soil would look so cool.

Although, I am sad that the chest seems to be one of the reused pieces of the Gargant. As it seems like the natural place for it to wade through water,  lava, nurgle filth.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

I think the Lumineth were going to be released like the Sister of Battle for 40k tbh, army box first then the rest of the range a couple of months later in a couple of windows. Ofc Covid has scrambled all the plans now.

Edited by Noserenda
  • Like 1

At the moment I don't think there is much point on trying to guess how GW will release this stuff. Its most likely the case that they themselves don't even know. That's a shame, since trying to guess what comes next is a major part of the hobby! However, we have no way of knowing what the original plan was, to what extent things like manufacture and distribution have been affected or how they will restructure their releases as a result.

We know that their factory and retail is all shut down, but its possible that the new stuff has already been sitting in a warehouse for months waiting to go. Or it might take months of work once they do spin everything back up before we get to a point where they can release as planned. Just a few weeks of delay could massively affect their schedule for the rest of the year, and this could well become months of delay.

It raises questions of what the second half of the year might look like. However, these are questions we simply can't answer. If speculating is a fun activity for you, then by all means do so to your hearts content! But if you are finding it stressful to plan your army, or are getting fed up because the teases are being dragged out then I suggest taking a step back from the rumour game because for now baseless speculation is all we're really going to have for a while!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

Then we have the Tyrion question. We know he is a Lumineth god, so what is he if not a Realm lord? What are they going to call the other book. Lumineth realm lords part 2? The spearmen, archers and cavalry are all universal Lumineth units. This description of the dawnriders  is particularly interesting  “These often include stylised sun and phoenix symbols – though formally centre-aligned between the Hyshian gods, a more militaristic, Tyrionic influence is clearly prevalent. This is further emphasised by the majestic phoenix design on the Dawnriders’ fluttering banner.”

It is possible I suppose that Tyrion simply doesn’t get a model, but given that Teclis has one, that would also be a bit strange. One of the defining factors of the Lumineth is their twin gods, and the duality between sun and moon that is referenced in many of the models. 

Finally if I was designing a range of previews for this army including both Teclis and Tyrion, I would absolutely save Tyrion for last as gw did previously with Morathi and Lady Olynder. If this is the last reveal then gw has definitely mishandled the whole preview cycle. 

i wouldn't say it  be strange to hold Tyrion back for a future release. just like Primarchs you don't release them all in one go and save them just to have stuff in the future. Also Teclis and Tyrion are twins but historically they always operated separately, it not like one shows up and the other has to be there.

Realmlord part 2 would just be whenever GW decides to open another chamber for them and they get a new battletome just like stormcast but at a further out time frame.

Also they already release a lot of Named characters in this release so if anything is left it would probably be generic heroes and it unlikely a third big named character model left to be shown.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Yeah I mean you have to assume Tyrion’s model is going to be roughly on a par with the Teclis one or as night turns to day the salt will flow. 

so with that in mind you have to think it’s pretty, pretty, pretty unlikely they’d bang out 2 £80+ models from one range at the same time. GW ain’t sitting on a mountain of cash because they’re dumb.

then again who knows! not me that's for sure, I think everything's going to be a bit up in the air for the next 12 months anyway, things may land in strange ways.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 1