The Rumour Thread

Yeah, my bets are it's 40k with AoS getting some new Stormcasts and then Ossiarchs for Warcry.

Also absolutely love the community converted Whirlwind's Edge shown off today with all that science fantasy goodness and the technology side of the CoS tome utilized to the max.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/04/17/vince-venturellas-cities-of-sigmar-armygw-homepage-post-4/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=AOS&utm_content=AOSvinceventurellacitiesofsigmararmy-WarcomlinkAPR17

Awesome models, amazing army background and timed well with how well the Final Fantasy 7 remake has been received to ignite people's imaginations on fantastical tech armies in the realms. :D

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah, my bets are it's 40k with AoS getting some new Stormcasts and then Ossiarchs for Warcry.

Also absolutely love the community converted Whirlwind's Edge shown off today with all that science fantasy goodness and the technology side of the CoS tome utilized to the max.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/04/17/vince-venturellas-cities-of-sigmar-armygw-homepage-post-4/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=AOS&utm_content=AOSvinceventurellacitiesofsigmararmy-WarcomlinkAPR17

Awesome models, amazing army background and timed well with how well the Final Fantasy 7 remake has been received to ignite people's imaginations on fantastical tech armies in the realms. :D

41 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yes. RUMOR TIME :

We know the Illuminor Szeras (new mini in plastic) will be the main antagonist for PA9, Pariah (as an old fluff blurb from 7th edition has him work on Pariah gene from Culexus assassin).  

We know 40k 9th edition is coming later this year (8th codexes will still be valid, new rules fur fusion, re-roll, etc.)

We know Emperor's Children (noise marines, Fulgrim) will be featured, and Necron will get a huge boost (probably Silent King, finecast Characters and Flayers will get plastic, idem for models with green plastic rods).

But I expect those news to be for May (Warhammer Fest Online preview(s). 

---

I'm really happy for Warcry new tomorrow

Hope : a new Order war band teased (Devoted ?) or OBR ? (The Axe rumor engine - but then OBR already are in Warcry...). 

Fear : just another book. (which is still cool.....)

I'm personally hoping for a New Campaign book, Sons of Behemat anything and Devoted in some fashion.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yes. RUMOR TIME :

We know the Illuminor Szeras (new mini in plastic) will be the main antagonist for PA9, Pariah (as an old fluff blurb from 7th edition has him work on Pariah gene from Culexus assassin).  

We know 40k 9th edition is coming later this year (8th codexes will still be valid, new rules fur fusion, re-roll, etc.)

We know Emperor's Children (noise marines, Fulgrim) will be featured, and Necron will get a huge boost (probably Silent King, finecast Characters and Flayers will get plastic, idem for models with green plastic rods).

But I expect those news to be for May (Warhammer Fest Online preview(s). 

:o

That's an awful lot of "We know..." for things we don't know at all, my mans. There's no news of EC or Fulgrim. All 9th ed. rumors are based on circular reporting and random forum posters.

Necrons might get a new character for their PA book, yes. Maybe the return of the Pariah unit? But some kind of model-line refresh? That is crazy talk - they're xenos!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, rbstr said:

:o

That's an awful lot of "We know..." for things we don't know at all, my mans. There's no news of EC or Fulgrim. All 9th ed. rumors are based on circular reporting and random forum posters.

Necrons might get a new character for their PA book, yes. Maybe the return of the Pariah unit? But some kind of model-line refresh? That is crazy talk - they're xenos!

Just a manner of speech ;) Those are second hands rumors from two (Internet) persons I know that are, up to now, reliable. 

Time will tell, but I have faith in them.

I think people need to take a bit of a reality check. From the way they were talking about it last time, this is part 3 of 4 of the adepticon reveals. I expect them to do part 4 when warhammer fest was supposed to be. In terms of reveals and announcements AOS has already had the bulk of the best announcements with the Lumineth and sons of Behemat reveals and the AOS adjacent Warcry news. My guess is that we will see the remainder of the Lumineth and some pictures of the new gargants in the next 2 shows. Lumineth was presumably intended to be the April release with Sons of Behemat coming in May. Anything more than that would push them beyond the 3 month window they usually stick to. 

I will be very surprised if we see anything for AOS that is not released to those 2 battletomes. Warcry is a bit of a wild card. It could be anything from a new discount scenery box to a whole new starter set. 

I strongly suspect that they intended to announce 9th edition at Adepticon but are trying to delay that announcement until they have a bit more certainty about restart dates. That’s probably why the 40k news has felt a bit lacklustre so far. 

I am still excited about the reveals. Anything at all for Warcry is more than I was expecting after seeing the scions in the first show, and I’m still holding out hope for Tyrion. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I strongly suspect that they intended to announce 9th edition at Adepticon but are trying to delay that announcement until they have a bit more certainty about restart dates. That’s probably why the 40k news has felt a bit lacklustre so far. 

I know that 40k is off-topic but how would 9th edition work? Would they make all of the previous psychic awakening and vigilus stuff redundant? What about all of the codexes they spent so long updating?

8th edition is so bloated right now but would seem strange to me to just cut the cord on all of that bloat so quickly. Personally I'd never buy a campaign book again if they did that (not like I buy campaign books anyway, hehe).

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

If there's one thing GW know will sell it's more Space Marines, so we can probably and safely assume the "Models you've been looking forward to for for years!" is referring to more Primaris.

I'd bet money on that, yep.

7 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Well, I've not been in Warhammer for a year, but I'll still assume female order humans and dwarves.

I'd like to see new human models in general, male or female. Would give me hope that Cities of Sigmar is something that'll be around for the long term.

• LOVE IT! 1

18 minutes ago, 123lac said:

I know that 40k is off-topic but how would 9th edition work? Would they make all of the previous psychic awakening and vigilus stuff redundant? What about all of the codexes they spent so long updating?

Rumours are that it will be similar to AOS 2nd edition with relatively minor tweaks to the game and all the old books carrying over to the new edition. 

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

If there's one thing GW know will sell it's more Space Marines, so we can probably and safely assume the "Models you've been looking forward to for for years!" is referring to more Primaris.

they did have a suppose leak of a blurry picture of Primaris landspeeder and bikers not that long ago.

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

Rumours are that it will be similar to AOS 2nd edition with relatively minor tweaks to the game and all the old books carrying over to the new edition. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see them re release the codexes with the psychic awakening rules in for that army. A 0.5 update.

Back to AoS, I wonder if they have the ability to redesign an existing sprue? 

Could see them adding to the current gargant kit or even just adding another sprue to give more options.

4 hours ago, 123lac said:

The current errata for the 8th ed core rule book constitutes more significant changes to the game than the 7th ed book made from 6th ed. Not every new edition is as ground shaking as 8th was. Most are usually kept to minimalistic changes so that codexes are still valid. Why would this constitute it as 9th vs 8.5? GW never numbers the editions, it’s always just “a new edition” the community is what names it, just like how 7th wasn’t just called 6.5 even though that’s honestly all that it was.

Edited by Neinball

4 hours ago, 123lac said:

I like to see new human models in general, male or female. Would give me hope that Cities of Sigmar is something that'll be around for the long term.

Yes, not having any plastic commitment to the army is a worry. It makes me think Cities won't be around in AoS 3.

GW has shown that moulds are basically their only concern, and the only AoS-era "Cities" design, the Excelsis Warpriest, is squatted

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

Yes, not having any plastic commitment to the army is a worry. It makes me think Cities won't be around in AoS 3.

GW has shown that moulds are basically their only concern, and the only AoS-era "Cities" design, the Excelsis Warpriest, is squatted

I always viewed Cities as a temporary bandaid while they eventually roll our spiritual successors of the Empire, High Elves, Dark Elves and Dwarfs.  With the Lumineth Realmlords being the first. 

9 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I always viewed Cities as a temporary bandaid while they eventually roll our spiritual successors of the Empire, High Elves, Dark Elves and Dwarfs.  With the Lumineth Realmlords being the first. 

Funnily enough I think that Cities is one of the best (if not the best) Battletome ever made:

Loads of options. It makes me buy into armies I don‘t collect and it offers so many varieties concerning listbuilding! 😍

• Like 5

I think that they will make a full rework on Cities on the future. Full of new models replacing the Fantasy ones, in order to make an elven-human-dwarf "non-alignment army). They are getting support on the WhCom so I think they will evolve the army into a new style "all in one" army.

Or maybe even they don´t know.

Greetings.

I know lots are not wanting this, but the Stormcast really need a new book.  For the protagonists of the game, they are in a very poor place.  They deserve to work a bit better than they do.  Hopefully we will see something in the preview (although the Gargants would be my first choice 😁)

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

I know lots are not wanting this, but the Stormcast really need a new book.  For the protagonists of the game, they are in a very poor place.  They deserve to work a bit better than they do.  Hopefully we will see something in the preview (although the Gargants would be my first choice 😁)

Maybe some new rules in a campaign book or something to boost up their competitiveness. Haven't they had like 4 battle tomes so far?

24 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

As long as it isn’t models I’m with you😉

1 minute ago, Skreech Verminking said:

As long as it isn’t models I’m with you😉

Oh they'll get models.  Come on now.  The latest Rumor Engine proves that.  Doesn't need to be a huge release though.

Honestly Vince had some cool ideas on how to redo the next SC book in the latest Warhammer Weekly.  It's a fun episode and an interesting chat, from a design perspective.  Give it a listen.

7 hours ago, Chikout said:

I think people need to take a bit of a reality check. From the way they were talking about it last time, this is part 3 of 4 of the adepticon reveals. I expect them to do part 4 when warhammer fest was supposed to be. In terms of reveals and announcements AOS has already had the bulk of the best announcements with the Lumineth and sons of Behemat reveals and the AOS adjacent Warcry news. My guess is that we will see the remainder of the Lumineth and some pictures of the new gargants in the next 2 shows. Lumineth was presumably intended to be the April release with Sons of Behemat coming in May. Anything more than that would push them beyond the 3 month window they usually stick to. 

I will be very surprised if we see anything for AOS that is not released to those 2 battletomes. Warcry is a bit of a wild card. It could be anything from a new discount scenery box to a whole new starter set. 

I am still excited about the reveals. Anything at all for Warcry is more than I was expecting after seeing the scions in the first show, and I’m still holding out hope for Tyrion. 

All I'm hoping for is the Sons minis shown off or at least a silhouette. Every thing else is gravy.

3 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see them re release the codexes with the psychic awakening rules in for that army. A 0.5 update.

Back to AoS, I wonder if they have the ability to redesign an existing sprue? 

Could see them adding to the current gargant kit or even just adding another sprue to give more options.

I'd love to see the Aleguzzler get a secondary pose. If it becomes the battle line of the Sons, it needs a bit more variation.