The Rumour Thread

17 hours ago, SunStorm said:

The Stormcast podcast may hold some more info on what would have been released as they're filmed in advance, then madea vailable to sometimes tie in with what's being released. 

For example, the most recent Voxcast has them talking about the new Mechanicus minis as if they were released, including looking at concept art for them. 

I think there have been a bunch of Voxcasts in a row? I suspect because the Stormcasts may have been talking about Lumineth releases that haven't happened now :( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Clearly Nagash is secretly a Tzeentch cultist.

I think there is an argument to be made that its actually impossible to be a wizard and not end up somewhat tainted by Tzeentch's power. At least it was back in the Old World when Nagash was a mortal, now with the Gods of Order having more control over the winds and their respective realms it may be different.

The real question is; does ascending to godhood shake off whatever control the changer of ways once had over your soul? I'd argue that the utter control over undeath which Nagash has forged suggests that it can. On a philosophical level undeath is the antithesis of Chaos after all.

I've had a testrun and reworked some rules to make it more challenging:

Changes and additions:

Malign Portents: D3 Minions spawn. If you roll a 6 it's an additional + D3 Minions joining.

Drawn too much attention: For every 6 rolled when dermining what units will spawn you have to add a Crypt Banshee, a Cairn Wraith, Chainghasts or a single Dreadblade Harrow.

Hard Mode: Remove the random Minion table and determine randomly what unit will spawn from the Nighthaunt list of Warscrolls. Heroes can't be spawned and every unit spawns at minimum size.

Exploring Table:

2-4  Boss Fight

5-7 Dungeon Fight

8-9 Dungeon Fight (count this as if you've rolled a 6 when determining how many Minions will spawn)

10-11 You can heal D3 Units by 1 HP.

12 Treasure

Make it a campaign:

After clearing the first 7 chambers and winning at least one boss fight your cleansing run of the Glymmsforge Catacombs takes a sudden turn:

You discover a very well hidden Realmgate. When you gaze through it you can see a vast graveyard on the other side. The Graveyard is framed by sharply rising hills which have even greater, intricate crypt-entrances punched through their flanks. On the old stone portal you can decypher an archaic inscription: "The forbidden path to the Regents of Dawn". 
Determine randomly 2 heroes that will return to Glymmsforge to report your findings and to call in reinforcements.

The two heroes that left count as having left your adventuring party. You may add two units which are not heroes to your army. One of these units can be chosen freely. The other however has to be determinded randomly (linebraker, horde, elite etc.).

Your Party will wait for the reinforcements to arrive. Your scouting party enters the portal. Once you step through the portal your party is besieges on all sides.

roll on the exploring table as you enter the graveyard

They're coming in waves! This Battle takes place in a single location. So set up some terrain that would fit a swamp or graveyard and don't change the terrain.

The five regents of Dawn: Whenever your party has a boss fight going on, you must determine which Regent you will encounter. Each regent can only be fought once. The scouting party wins a major victory if they slay all five regents. The regents use the same rules for boss fights as stated in the brackets behind their name.

1 - That's not a regent, just a fiend! Roll on the random Boss table.

2 - Vhorger Coldheart , the Collector (Guardian of Souls)

3 - Silthar Blackclaw the beggar King (Knight of Shrouds)

4 - Xanthus Sul the gruesome jailor (Spirit Torment)

5 - High Queen Elyria von Petrvogen (Warscroll: Ghoul King) (Boss-Rules: Guardian of Souls) - If this regent is slain it immediately return to play, as she calls for her royal Gryffon to strike down the intruders: Set up a Ghoul King on Terrogheist (this is High Queen Elyria), with 8 wounds left wholly within 9" of a table edge in a random cardinal direction

Exploring Table:

2-6  One of the Regents of Dawn is showing up! Boss Fight, Drawn too much attention, Malign Portents

5-9 The Onslaught Continues: Dungeon Fight, Malign Portents

10-11 Arcane Energies: You can heal D3 Units by 1 HP.

12  A moment to rest: You may return D3 Models to a unit of your choice. If your unit isn't a hero and it hasn't already done so it may roll on the Veteran Table of Path to Glory (General's handbook)

After each Exploration roll that resulted in a fight you roll one dice for each Model that was slain. On a roll of 1 the model is permanently dead.

I wanted to write these rules down in the same format as GW does, however due to Covif-19 I am cut off from my PC... 😕

I hope someone else also plays this bonus campaign and enjoys it!

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Srsly, I love these!

We need even more!

I really enjoyed the Troggoth one, so much so that it actually inspiried me to put pen to paper on a single player or multiplayer (but on the same "team") narrative game.

I just created a  thread laying out the frame work. In it, there is a link to a Google Doc for the basic rules and how to "build" your character. Feel free to make suggestions or tweak the rules to your liking. I'll be play testing it tonight with a couple buddies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

I've had a testrun and reworked some rules to make it more challenging:

You could also try it using a different hero selection.  Maybe making a list of available heroes, give them each a number and roll  for your party (using appropriate dice).  You could even split them into three broad categories, say  foot Wizard/Priest,  foot Warrior and heroes on mount for example, and roll for one from each category.

31 minutes ago, Yeurl slachyr wraith said:

More Necron for 40k...

Yes. RUMOR TIME :

We know the Illuminor Szeras (new mini in plastic) will be the main antagonist for PA9, Pariah (as an old fluff blurb from 7th edition has him work on Pariah gene from Culexus assassin).  

We know 40k 9th edition is coming later this year (8th codexes will still be valid, new rules fur fusion, re-roll, etc.)

We know Emperor's Children (noise marines, Fulgrim) will be featured, and Necron will get a huge boost (probably Silent King, finecast Characters and Flayers will get plastic, idem for models with green plastic rods).

But I expect those news to be for May (Warhammer Fest Online preview(s). 

---

I'm really happy for Warcry new tomorrow

Hope : a new Order war band teased (Devoted ?) or OBR ? (The Axe rumor engine - but then OBR already are in Warcry...). 

Fear : just another book. (which is still cool.....)

• Like 2