The Rumour Thread

So more fluffy narrative fun focused armies instead of the crunch the Ossiarchs already flex hard on. Definitely sounds alright to me.

I'd love to play the 4000 point one and recreate a battle in Eight-points from the campaign,  that's narratively a nice touch. Especially since there were people wanting a way to ally the two together after Katakros & the Lady of grief worked together.

9 hours ago, Overread said:

A lot of the thickness of a knight is the armouring. So I'd wager GW might do the same for the Behemoths. They imght even share the same internal "skeleton" of a core body and then vary based on outer armour and detailing changing their appearance. Much like how a Chaos and Imperial Knight both share the same core body skeleton. 

I wouldn't expect anything bigger than the GW knights that they offer. That's a bout as big as you can go before the price and size become barriers of significant entry. 

The Chaos Knight is a completely different kit, it doesn’t have the same skeleton as the Imperial Knight. 

The new promotion picture on Facebook hints at what games will get new announcements this Saturday:

WHQ: Blackstone Fortress

The Horus Heresy

AoS

Warcry

Bloodbowl

Edit: In the comments, they also mention this is the last preview for April.

Edited by Raviv

16 minutes ago, Raviv said:

The new promotion picture on Facebook hints at what games will get new announcements this Saturday:

WHQ: Blackstone Fortress

The Horus Heresy

AoS

Warcry

Bloodbowl

Interesting to see Warcry getting more news and not Underworlds. Will we see an expansion or new Warband?

20 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Interesting to see Warcry getting more news and not Underworlds. Will we see an expansion or new Warband?

There isn't really anything to reveal for Underworlds at the moment. The last two Beastgrave warbands would probably have released already if not for the shutdown, and it's too soon to announce the next season which will come out end of September at best. At most they were planning to show a single mini from the next starter, like they did with the lion from Beastgrave last year.

Warcry though, is primed for some kind of announcement. All the warbands/monsters ect that people know about have been released or revealed, as well as cards for pretty much all existing armies. Most likely announcement IMO is either a new Starter Set or a new Monsters and Mercenaries style supplement-there's a lot of factions that now have basic rules but no hero/monster options.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, madmac said:

There isn't really anything to reveal for Underworlds at the moment. The last two Beastgrave warbands would probably have released already if not for the shutdown, and it's too soon to announce the next season which will come out end of September at best. At most they were planning to show a single mini from the next starter, like they did with the lion from Beastgrave last year.

Warcry though, is primed for some kind of announcement. All the warbands/monsters ect that people know about have been released or revealed, as well as cards for pretty much all existing armies. Most likely announcement IMO is either a new Starter Set or a new Monsters and Mercenaries style supplement-there's a lot of factions that now have basic rules but no hero/monster options.

A new Monsters supplement could be incredible. I'd love to see what new Beasts they could come up with.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Not surprised to see nothing for underworlds. It is usually an autumn release.  Looks like they will take another week off after this and then do what would have been Adepticon part 4 in the Warhammer fest slot. 

It is sad but given that the UK lockdown isn't ending anytime soon it is sensible to string this out as long as possible. 

Very curious to see what we might get for Warcry now that all the original warbands have been shown off. I would love to see an underworlds style season two a whole new set of warbands. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Not surprised to see nothing for underworlds. It is usually an autumn release.  Looks like they will take another week off after this and then do what would have been Adepticon part 4 in the Warhammer fest slot. 

It is sad but given that the UK lockdown isn't ending anytime soon it is sensible to string this out as long as possible. 

Very curious to see what we might get for Warcry now that all the original warbands have been shown off. I would love to see an underworlds style season two a whole new set of warbands. 

Yeah- they are right to save something for May with how the lockdown is going. Its good to have something to look forward to still. 

A second season of Warcry war bands could be very interesting if they explore elements of other factions other than chaos, it would be a good opportunity to add to some factions model line.  I doubt it but you can always hope..

• Like 1

I think if Warcry is going to go on, it's inevitable that they will have to expand the focus from just Chaos and the all points.

As it is, they've pretty much expended the initial concept of doing a warband from every realm.

Untamed Beasts: Ghur

Iron Golems: Chamon

Cypher Lords-Hysh

Face Bucklers-Shyish

Corvus Cabal-Ulgu

Splintered Fang-Gyhran

Scions-Aqshy

Tyrants-All Points

Only realm left out is Azyr, for obvious reasons.

Well warcry could finally go back and actually expand the existing warbands too. I've wanted to see real heroes for the core factions for a while now, something like the mercenaries but specifically tied to the chaos warbands. Maybe some more elite fighters and basic grunts too. A few more options would make list building a lot more interesting and, given the general discrepancies in power level between the chaos bands and the AoS bands, it could go a long way to making the game a little more balanced. 

Edited by Grimrock

23 hours ago, Matrindur said:

o2_Jl_K8G_5m-oW0.jpg

I don't think we will see anything as big as this (just look at those tiny Liberators) but its a good sign (what is the largest kit in the AOS range currently?)

what if those are just trick-or-treaters so only 4' tall kids in costumes rather than 8' tall stormcast

Edited by TheMuphinMan
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I wonder if then, seeing how things are going, that they will delay the Warhammerfest previews into late May-June? If they go ahead with them at all. With the current climate it would make sense to hold off on announcing too much.

• Subscriber

The Stormcast podcast may hold some more info on what would have been released as they're filmed in advance, then madea vailable to sometimes tie in with what's being released. 

For example, the most recent Voxcast has them talking about the new Mechanicus minis as if they were released, including looking at concept art for them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I wonder if then, seeing how things are going, that they will delay the Warhammerfest previews into late May-June? If they go ahead with them at all. With the current climate it would make sense to hold off on announcing too much.

Yeah I definitely think they will save the warhammerfest reveals. If they break it up like they have done for the adepticon reveals, they could easily ring another months worth of content  out of them  or two if they do a preview every fortnight which should hopefully see us through to the end of the lockdown. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Srsly, I love these!

We need even more!

And with miniatures I actually own! (seriously, I only have skaven army with 2 rat ogors and swifthawk agents, I need to check Knigh of Shrouds on Ethereal Steed base size)

Ok, that one is easier to convert - chainrasps as clanrats, packmaster as guardian of souls etc....

Edited by michu
  • Like 1

I might have overdone it or I‘ve missed a rule 😅

I am currently in round 13 with my Hammerhal Party: Lord-Celestant on Dracoth, Lord-Arcanum on Gryphcharger, Knight-Heraldor & Battle Mage of Hysh. Nothing can even remotely kill me and all my heroes are fully equipped 😅

I guess I‘ll double the number of enemies every 7 (what was Nagash‘s holy number?) turns ^^

28 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I am currently in round 13 with my Hammerhal Party: Lord-Celestant on Dracoth, Lord-Arcanum on Gryphcharger, Knight-Heraldor & Battle Mage of Hysh. Nothing can even remotely kill me and all my heroes are fully equipped 😅

I guess I‘ll double the number of enemies every 7 (what was Nagash‘s holy number?) turns ^^

I got to round 15 before I had to do something else.

Party was Lord Celestant on Dracoth Lord Aquilor and Arcanum on Dracoline. Party was full health and stacked with artifacts. I doubled the  amount of enemies (units and models) on turn 10 but it feels pretty easy to heal enough to carry on for a long time.

Edited by mojojojo101
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Nagash has nine books and nine mortarchs, but I don't think that is specifically a holy number in the way they are with the chaos gods. I feel like Nine is already taken by one of the big four, Tzeentch perhaps?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

I got to round 15 before I had to do something else.

Party was Lord Celestant on Dracoth Lord Aquilor and Arcanum on Dracoline. Party was full health and stacked with artifacts. I doubled the  amount of enemies (units and models) on turn 10 but it feels pretty easy to heal enough to carry on for a long time.

I guess you either have to add D6 units per turn (choosing from the whole book) at minimum size + Chainghasts/Dreadblade harrows or add a random flesh eater encounter.

I‘ll try to zests this and make a scenario with 3 games again based on this scenario =}

10 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Nagash has nine books and nine mortarchs, but I don't think that is specifically a holy number in the way they are with the chaos gods. I feel like Nine is already taken by one of the big four, Tzeentch perhaps?

Yep you are correct 9 is Tzeentch. 8 is Khorne, 7 is Nurgle, 6 is Slaanesh and 13 is the Great Horned Rat. 9 as a holy number would make sense for Nagash considering the books and Mortarchs but I don't actually think he has one. I also have no idea if any of the other gods have numbers associated with them either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirtnaps said:

Yep you are correct 9 is Tzeentch. 8 is Khorne, 7 is Nurgle, 6 is Slaanesh and 13 is the Great Horned Rat. 9 as a holy number would make sense for Nagash considering the books and Mortarchs but I don't actually think he has one. I also have no idea if any of the other gods have numbers associated with them either.

Sigmar‘s is 12 (12 tribes he united back in the old world and several rules referring to 12) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1