The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

o2_Jl_K8G_5m-oW0.jpg

I don't think we will see anything as big as this (just look at those tiny Liberators) but its a good sign (what is the largest kit in the AOS range currently?)

Archeon for AoS official range, for Forgeworld it would be the Khorne dragon

i don't think they will be that big  since even the FW Bonegrinder isn't that imposingly huge compare to Liberators but i would like to be wrong.

99590299004_Bonegrinder04NEW.jpg.641e44dc6f7bbde2ac9f506cc8cfba9c.jpg

12 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

I don't think we will see anything as big as this (just look at those tiny Liberators) but its a good sign (what is the largest kit in the AOS range currently?)

This dude can't be to scale, he's maybe one and a half times to twice the height of the Bonegrinder. Definitely a good sign though.

I think Archaon's probably the biggest AoS kit? Three sprues but a lot of that is for the spread wings of his mount. With clever sprue and kit design, maybe they could turn that space to pure height.

Edited by sandlemad

16 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

o2_Jl_K8G_5m-oW0.jpg

I believe the Khorne dragon from Forgeworld? I heard it went 4-1 in one big tournament despite its size compromising him on many scenarios

26 minutes ago, novakai said:

Gargants larger then the current ones and closer to Behemat size 

woot bring out the proper bigger Gargants

I'm hoping for Bonegrinder sized plastic kits!!

18 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Seeing Sons models this weekend doesn't seem implausible at all, look like they're leading up to that by only using art from the previous trailer.

What's more interesting to me here is that they mention King Brodd and his crew specifically. It's unsurprising confirmation that the Aleguzzlers are sticking around but it seems to suggest that Brodd will remain more or less as he is, an Aleguzzler with a skull, a pillar and big dreams. I'd expected him to be semi-retconned as something much bigger but the fact that they mention him by name, show his picture and then say "Indeed, stories tell of even larger gargants, vast creatures closer in size and ferocity to their lost father than their already huge kin…" says to me that Brodd himself might not be centre stage of this battletome.

Yeah, the SM supplements work (insofar as they work) because there's nearly two decades of modern-ish background for the Raven Guard, Salamanders, etc. and they already had special rules/characters/the works for some time. Not as much as the Blood Angels or other more prominent chapters but a lot. They also clearly had devoted fanbases for years (I'd wager that even a fanbase for second-tier chapter is bigger than that for many AoS factions) and existing kits that gave GW a clearer idea of what sells.

A Battletome: Celestial Vindicators would be a pretty niche and I suspect unpopular release.

They've also mentioned in other articles that Brodd is enormous even by Gargant standards. I believe that they just used that image as they already had one, I'm fully expecting a King Brodd/Leader kit to be massive.

5 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

This dude can't be to scale, he's maybe one and a half times to twice the height of the Bonegrinder. Definitely a good sign though.

I think Archaon's probably the biggest AoS kit? Three sprues but a lot of that is for the spread wings of his mount. With clever sprue and kit design, maybe they could turn that space to pure height.

If we get a Gargant larger than even the Bonegrinder my mind will implode.

• Like 2

I maybe reading the article wrong though but if you put the sentence together 

"However, there have been times where gargants have gathered into vast tribes, such as those fighting for King Brodd, the self-proclaimed True Son of Behemat. Indeed, stories tell of even larger gargants, vast creatures closer in size and ferocity to their lost father than their already huge kin…"

it implies that King Brodd and his tribes are different from the current Gargants in destruction and chaos and are indeed part of the larger Gargants

• LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

I maybe reading the article wrong though but if you put the sentence together 

"However, there have been times where gargants have gathered into vast tribes, such as those fighting for King Brodd, the self-proclaimed True Son of Behemat. Indeed, stories tell of even larger gargants, vast creatures closer in size and ferocity to their lost father than their already huge kin…"

it implies that King Brodd and his tribes are different from the current Gargants in destruction and chaos and are indeed part of the larger Gargants

I agree.

1 hour ago, JangutzKhan said:

Wow not asking for much 😂 Sigmarines are already a lot more dynamic that a lot of other factions. And I don’t think they need to be any heavier or harder hitting tbh. 

I am just talking about dynamic poses (looking at you Liberatirs, Paladins and Dracoth riders) 😀

I remember something along those lines for the early God-beast rules that the players could act out their abilities since they were the only things to that scale. xD

Because to those wondering how big Behemet was, when he slept his body made up several mountain ranges and Archaon was going to use the green torc continent to collar and control him.

img_4298.jpg?w=768

I can't wait for more epic scale lore like this when the Sons land and shake the realms once more. :D

Also big yes on Stormcasts getting some Warscrolls buffs. Just some new celestial battalions that let their Liberators go Dark Souls and hurl lightning bolts to fell dragon and titans(hint hint) would be grand to contributing to such an awesome faction.

• LOVE IT! 2

54 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I remember something along those lines for the early God-beast rules that the players could act out their abilities since they were the only things to that scale. xD

Because to those wondering how big Behemet was, when he slept his body made up several mountain ranges and Archaon was going to use the green torc continent to collar and control him.

img_4298.jpg?w=768

I can't wait for more epic scale lore like this when the Sons land and shake the realms once more. :D

Also big yes on Stormcasts getting some Warscrolls buffs. Just some new celestial battalions that let their Liberators go Dark Souls and hurl lightning bolts to fell dragon and titans(hint hint) would be grand to contributing to such an awesome faction.

I absolutely cannot wait for the Sons lore. An entire range dedicated to Gargants!? A whole Battletome?! Possible Black Library novels!? I'm so ****** excited, hopefully we get another Sons peak this weekend!!

• LOVE IT! 1

38 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I absolutely cannot wait for the Sons lore. An entire range dedicated to Gargants!? A whole Battletome?! Possible Black Library novels!? I'm so ****** excited, hopefully we get another Sons peak this weekend!!

:D 

EDIT : I like your peak vs peek pun.

Edited by willange

Haha, "Sons peak" works both ways for me since I want both Sons gargants and more mountain Peak Lumineth news.(Stormcast is a cherry on top)

I really want a world-shaker army of mountain spirits backed up by gargant mercenaries. Bovine brethren & Hysh tremor tyrants that control and move the islands. :D

Just now, KingBrodd said:

I'm so confused haha

Just like an over-excited gargant.  xD

(Peak means mountain top. Peek means a look-see)

8 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Haha, "Sons peak" works both ways for me since I want both Sons gargants and more mountain Peak Lumineth news.(Stormcast is a cherry on top)

I really want a world-shaker army of mountain spirits backed up by gargant mercenaries. Bovine brethren & Hysh tremor tyrants that control and move the islands. :D

Just like an over-excited gargant.  xD

(Peak means mountain top. Peek means a look-see)

Ooooh right!! Yea hopefully we get another look at them this weekend. Cannot wait.

I think they could be as tall as an Imperial Knight, just not as stocky.

The really big guy chasing the Stormcast looks fairly lanky. I get the impression that's the body shape we will see for 'titans'.

Also from that article it sounds as if Aleguzzlers will stay as an option for Chaos and Destro, but 'titans' will be for Sons only. Or allies only.

As to Stormcast.  I adore them  but for the love of Sigmar I pray that GW GW don't start making individual 'tomes for them.  

Much better to expend the resources on other factions, IMO.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SadGlad said:

The garguants won’t be as big as the Imperial knights. The Facebook team said so. 

”Are we talking Imperial Knights? Maybe not as big as those, but they are pretty chunky!”

Knights are also quite thick and wide, I believe the Sons will be as tall if not taller just not as 'thick'.

1 hour ago, Souleater said:

I think they could be as tall as an Imperial Knight, just not as stocky.

The really big guy chasing the Stormcast looks fairly lanky. I get the impression that's the body shape we will see for 'titans'.

Also from that article it sounds as if Aleguzzlers will stay as an option for Chaos and Destro, but 'titans' will be for Sons only. Or allies only.

As to Stormcast.  I adore them  but for the love of Sigmar I pray that GW GW don't start making individual 'tomes for them.  

Much better to expend the resources on other factions, IMO.

I agree I believe the Sons are going to be just as tall just not as stocky. 

I also doubly agree on the Aleguzzlers. I dont mind them being allied with Chaos as well but the new Gargant models should all remain in Destruction and within Sons and some as possible allies to other Destruction Factions.

• Like 1

A lot of the thickness of a knight is the armouring. So I'd wager GW might do the same for the Behemoths. They imght even share the same internal "skeleton" of a core body and then vary based on outer armour and detailing changing their appearance. Much like how a Chaos and Imperial Knight both share the same core body skeleton. 

I wouldn't expect anything bigger than the GW knights that they offer. That's a bout as big as you can go before the price and size become barriers of significant entry. 

8 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I‘d like more unique Stormcasts, yet I dislike the Space Marine Release approach.

How about not opening a new chamber but already opened chambers evolving? 
- New dynamic Liberators with heavier armor and Helbards

- Dracoth Knights = Paladins on Dracoths with huge helbards and hammers. Super heavy elite shock cavalry with impact hits and dynamic poses

- A Azyrite chariot. (Ballista or two Paladins on top?)

- Liberator phalanx with a once a game spear throw

- Overall more dynamic Stormcasts and a beta rule which grants all of them +1 hp

- Prosecutors with differing heights, so they can be played while keeping the 1“ cohesion.

- Sigmar 

Love to see all of this happen as long as it's held in the 1 battle tome for Stormcast.

Space Marines have a Codex plus Codex Supplements, unique characters for most chapters, not to mention the more unique chapters (dark angels, blood angels, space wolves) that have their own Codexes. It's insane, especially when you look at how neglected most other factions are in comparison.

• Like 1

https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2020/04/age-of-sigmar-white-dwarf-ossiarch-bonereapers-battalions-spotted.html

Here are the 3 spotted batalions for OBR 

1 super not playable battalion for 4000 points games that includes nighthaunt as allies 

1 battalion offering + 1 to wound for the ghotizar harvester  if you take 2 kavalos death rider units alongside 

And maybe the only one actually playable a battalion allowing you to resurrect 1 model per turn if within 8 inches of vokmortian 

(all of those batalions need to be played in mortis praetorian and need vokmortian in the army as a general (except for the last one)) 

I wish so hard that vokmortian wasn't   the stupidest and most poorly written warscroll of the army.. :(