The Rumour Thread

On 4/9/2020 at 12:40 AM, Jeremierty said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/04/07/white-dwarf-preview-issue-453gw-homepage-post-3fw-homepage-post-3/

Hey folks, what do you think about the white dwarf preview of the legion of tithe? 

It's mentioned that there will be 3 warscroll battalions do you think there will also be new subfactions abilities? 

What rules do you think ossiarch bonereapers would need right now to allow for more diverse play style ? :)

(I would trade my +1 save for something built around resurrection) 

The rich get richer. As if OBR needed more updates.

Seriously, Nighthaunt needs the love. All the other death factions can stand on their own. We have no terrain, we have no "coven" equivalent, our endless spells may as well not exist, a lot of our warscrolls feel samey...COME ON GW! DONT DO MY SPOOKY BOYS LIKE THIS!!!

• Like 2

Just now, SleeperAgent said:

Seriously, Nighthaunt needs the love. All the other death factions can stand on their own. We have no terrain, we have no "coven" equivalent, our endless spells may as well not exist, a lot of our warscrolls feel samey...COME ON GW! DONT DO MY SPOOKY BOYS LIKE THIS!!!

Well, Nighthaunt has an amazing range (for AOS and WHU), and two great exclusive models. It also got the Legion of Grief rules in Forbidden Power and the Dolorum supplement in White Dwarf already. 

9 hours ago, alghero81 said:

But out of curiosity, the book “siege of Excellis” and the assumption we are getting siege rules and all of that, has ever been validated or is just one of those speculations that took hold and is given as granted?

What we know so far : 

- A White Dwarf showed different artworks of the city of Excelsis in Ghur, arts not used in the later released Cities Of Sigmar book nor anywhere else yet.

- Forbidden Power, then a story on WarCom, then Orruks Warclans and Cities of Sigmar all confirmed that Gordrakk stole in a Stormvault a Godbeast skull and mounted it on a Siege engine. He wants to attack Azyr (an unexplored Mortal Realm at least in terms of map and supplement), but first he wants to test his battering ram on Excelsis in Ghur (another unexplored Realm in terms of map and supplement). 

- We have a "Soul Wars" supplement for Chaos and Death aka Wrath Of The Everchosen with some siege rules already. Those factions left, Order and Destruction, are the protagonists of the other "Soul Wars" subplot, i.e. Gordrakk attacking Excelsis.

- GW has updated all battletomes so far (and is ready to launch two new armies aka LRL and SOB) and seems fond in releasing supplements recently (Psychic Awakening style). 

All this add-up very well IMO. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SleeperAgent said:

Honestly the white dwarf batallions are such a hit or miss. I was so excited about the release of 3 batallions for Ironjawz, thought maybe it would introduce a new way of building the army - Nope, they were all pretty balls. On the flip side they still managed to create the Slaanesh one which was/is crazy good.

51 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Honestly the white dwarf batallions are such a hit or miss. I was so excited about the release of 3 batallions for Ironjawz, thought maybe it would introduce a new way of building the army - Nope, they were all pretty balls. On the flip side they still managed to create the Slaanesh one which was/is crazy good.

Personally don’t care about them being good. Rather have them on the week side, as I don’t like new players having to source all different publications just to get the full picture. 

but I agree they should offer a new way to play or something to experiment with. That’s the good thing about the Slaanesh  publication imo. 

8 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Thanks, I didn‘t know of that! What does it include? (Only battalions?)

Some nice lore about Lady Olynder, a painting guide using Contrast and 3 really meh battalion, one based on the command ability to increase attacks, and one on the cavalry but Deathriders remain much stronger.

The problem of Legion of Grief is that is a trade-off between the strongest Nighthaunt abilities with the strongest LoN ability that would make you think then Nighthaunt don’t have any interesting ability of their own.. and you lose all battalion for an extra artefact or command point...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Thanks for the list, still seems a bit far-fetched and we have many other threads that are still pending like Archaon finding Slaanesh, etc... anything is possible but I would welcome a psychic awakening style campaign for AoS especially to review some of the underdogs. Stormcasts receive a lot of hate (and love) but to be fair outside of a limite edition useless miniature (I believe the girl can be used as a Knight-Questor but the Errant-Questor is not legal anymore in matched  play) it has been 2 years since they refreshed their rules and they are nowhere near the top tables despite being the poster boys...

5 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Some nice lore about Lady Olynder, a painting guide using Contrast and 3 really meh battalion, one based on the command ability to increase attacks, and one on the cavalry but Deathriders remain much stronger.

The problem of Legion of Grief is that is a trade-off between the strongest Nighthaunt abilities with the strongest LoN ability that would make you think then Nighthaunt don’t have any interesting ability of their own.. and you lose all battalion for an extra artefact or command point...

Thx! I had hoped for a special character like Lynus Ghalmorian which was added to the Stormcast Eternals

30 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Thanks for the list, still seems a bit far-fetched and we have many other threads that are still pending like Archaon finding Slaanesh, etc... anything is possible but I would welcome a psychic awakening style campaign for AoS especially to review some of the underdogs. Stormcasts receive a lot of hate (and love) but to be fair outside of a limite edition useless miniature (I believe the girl can be used as a Knight-Questor but the Errant-Questor is not legal anymore in matched  play) it has been 2 years since they refreshed their rules and they are nowhere near the top tables despite being the poster boys...

I think after Wrath of the Everchosen, Archaons plans for freeing Slaanesh may be on hold. I'd also rather see the other Alliances fleshed out, almost like whilst WoE was happening, Siege of Excelsis or whatever they do next was happening simultaneously or shortly after. Death and Chaos have had a lot of attention in AOS and I think it's time to spread the drama out.

4 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Well, Nighthaunt has an amazing range (for AOS and WHU), and two great exclusive models. It also got the Legion of Grief rules in Forbidden Power and the Dolorum supplement in White Dwarf already. 

What we know so far : 

- A White Dwarf showed different artworks of the city of Excelsis in Ghur, arts not used in the later released Cities Of Sigmar book nor anywhere else yet.

- Forbidden Power, then a story on WarCom, then Orruks Warclans and Cities of Sigmar all confirmed that Gordrakk stole in a Stormvault a Godbeast skull and mounted it on a Siege engine. He wants to attack Azyr (an unexplored Mortal Realm at least in terms of map and supplement), but first he wants to test his battering ram on Excelsis in Ghur (another unexplored Realm in terms of map and supplement). 

- We have a "Soul Wars" supplement for Chaos and Death aka Wrath Of The Everchosen with some siege rules already. Those factions left, Order and Destruction, are the protagonists of the other "Soul Wars" subplot, i.e. Gordrakk attacking Excelsis.

- GW has updated all battletomes so far (and is ready to launch two new armies aka LRL and SOB) and seems fond in releasing supplements recently (Psychic Awakening style). 

They have an amazing range that is wasted on homogenized warscrolls, lackluster abilities, and a bottom tier overall army.

I'm not saying I want them to get new rules that put them over Tzeentch/Slaanesh, but being able to not get tabled in one or two turns would be nice.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Killamike said:

The space marine chapters all got a primaris  special character release with their supplements. 

Would love to see the same here. Release the stormhost sub books with 1 special character. 

Dear god please no.

I think most AoS players are glad that Stormcast haven't received as much attention as Space Marines lately.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Chaos?

I’m still missing that skaven part of the book
clearly it’s a campaign book giving us the story and some rules for the disbelievers of the great horned rat.

I mean it wasn’t even a death supplement either since there where no specific rules for any of the death armies.     So I am not sure how GW goes about with these campaign books and who gets what.

1 hour ago, 123lac said:

Dear god please no.

I think most AoS players are glad that Stormcast haven't received as much attention as Space Marines lately.

I think there has not been a new warscroll for at least a year. I can understand them wanting a leg up to play in 2.0 proper with a higher percentage of their models, but I myself would think a few changes to the oldest warscrolls and a few optional rules would work fine for that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 123lac said:

Dear god please no.

I‘d like more unique Stormcasts, yet I dislike the Space Marine Release approach.

How about not opening a new chamber but already opened chambers evolving? 
- New dynamic Liberators with heavier armor and Helbards

- Dracoth Knights = Paladins on Dracoths with huge helbards and hammers. Super heavy elite shock cavalry with impact hits and dynamic poses

- A Azyrite chariot. (Ballista or two Paladins on top?)

- Liberator phalanx with a once a game spear throw

- Overall more dynamic Stormcasts and a beta rule which grants all of them +1 hp

- Prosecutors with differing heights, so they can be played while keeping the 1“ cohesion.

- Sigmar 

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 5

well I know people have been asking for a Tornus the Redeemed model or a Balthas Arum model (or any non Hammers of Sigmar character).

I don't think any of the Stormhost have been developed enough for GW to all of a sudden release Battletome SCE supplement Celestial Vindicators/ Anvils of Heldenhammer/ Astral Templars/ Knight Excelsior or what not

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

I‘d like more unique Stormcasts, yet I dislike the Space Marine Release approach.

How about not opening a new chamber but already opened chambers evolving? 
- New dynamic Liberators with heavier armor and Helbards

- Dracoth Knights = Paladins on Dracoths with huge helbards and hammers. Super heavy elite shock cavalry with impact hits and dynamic poses

- A Azyrite chariot. (Ballista or two Paladins on top?)

- Liberator phalanx with a once a game spear throw

- Overall more dynamic Stormcasts and a beta rule which grants all of them +1 hp

- Prosecutors with differing heights, so they can be played while keeping the 1“ cohesion.

- Sigmar 

Wow not asking for much 😂 Sigmarines are already a lot more dynamic that a lot of other factions. And I don’t think they need to be any heavier or harder hitting tbh. 

1 minute ago, JangutzKhan said:

Wow not asking for much 😂 Sigmarines are already a lot more dynamic that a lot of other factions. And I don’t think they need to be any heavier or harder hitting tbh. 

I am just talking about dynamic poses (looking at you Liberatirs, Paladins and Dracoth riders) 😀

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/04/15/sons-of-behemat-what-we-know-so-fargw-homepage-post-3/

Sons of Behemat- What we know so far.

The end of the article reminds us that there is another Preview this weekend, could we see the Sons models? Or are they just reminding us.

Seeing Sons models this weekend doesn't seem implausible at all, look like they're leading up to that by only using art from the previous trailer.

What's more interesting to me here is that they mention King Brodd and his crew specifically. It's unsurprising confirmation that the Aleguzzlers are sticking around but it seems to suggest that Brodd will remain more or less as he is, an Aleguzzler with a skull, a pillar and big dreams. I'd expected him to be semi-retconned as something much bigger but the fact that they mention him by name, show his picture and then say "Indeed, stories tell of even larger gargants, vast creatures closer in size and ferocity to their lost father than their already huge kin…" says to me that Brodd himself might not be centre stage of this battletome.

54 minutes ago, novakai said:

I don't think any of the Stormhost have been developed enough for GW to all of a sudden release Battletome SCE supplement Celestial Vindicators/ Anvils of Heldenhammer/ Astral Templars/ Knight Excelsior or what not

Yeah, the SM supplements work (insofar as they work) because there's nearly two decades of modern-ish background for the Raven Guard, Salamanders, etc. and they already had special rules/characters/the works for some time. Not as much as the Blood Angels or other more prominent chapters but a lot. They also clearly had devoted fanbases for years (I'd wager that even a fanbase for second-tier chapter is bigger than that for many AoS factions) and existing kits that gave GW a clearer idea of what sells.

A Battletome: Celestial Vindicators would be a pretty niche and I suspect unpopular release.

• Like 1