The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, DantePQ said:

Insects Aelves would be amazing - God of War alike. 

I'd love to see a pure intelligent insect faction, an Order civilisation with a Mogol Indian/Persian style aesthetic, along the lines of Alarielle's beetle with intricate armour and weapons

IMG_20200411_230244.jpg.c5ec232cb1153480b9f8acf752b11420.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Still hoping Phoenix Temple units (and Shadow Warriors) get the Lumineth keyword, and a few of the more basic Lumineth units get the CoS keyword in return.

The Phoenix Temple would fit thematically very well with the Lumineth, being a warrior-monk sect dedicated to a mystical beast. And GW has provided some information that there is a link between them.

The symbol of the Ur-Phoenix and the symbol of the Hyshian Sun Spirit are identical (the former symbol of Asuryan).

The Ur-Phoenix remains are located within a crystallized valley in Hysh (The Pyre of the Phoenix).

Annointed travel to Hysh to meditate there for years before formally ascending to that rank. 

The Temple could easily be made into being the connection of the Lumineth to the other realms, if they want to do something like that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarkK said:

I'd love to see a pure intelligent insect faction, an Order civilisation with a Mogol Indian/Persian style aesthetic, along the lines of Alarielle's beetle with intricate armour and weapons

With greenstuff and enough patience any army is possible. that said I never did get my kingdom of Oyo and Hausa inspired free city off the ground and probably never will. Maybe I'll get a unit of demigryph knights and make a worth conversion for these guys

ec3f94f1c5dd0a1911310c31a17057a6.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Evangelist of Cinders said:

With greenstuff and enough patience any army is possible. that said I never did get my kingdom of Oyo and Hausa inspired free city off the ground and probably never will. Maybe I'll get a unit of demigryph knights and make a worth conversion for these guys

ec3f94f1c5dd0a1911310c31a17057a6.jpg

Very true, I need to expand my use of green stuff past gap filling though! Interesting theme, haven't heard of the Hausa before, would definitely be a challenging paint scheme :)

Post pictures if you get around to it, you've given me ideas on a paint scheme for the slaanesh harp demon I have lying around.

2 hours ago, MarkK said:

IMG_20200411_230244.jpg.c5ec232cb1153480b9f8acf752b11420.jpg

I see insect race more like destruction with natural weapons but that’s also a cool idea. Although I don’t think they push too much in order, like sea aelves are not fishman enough for my taste, why an insect race I would want it to be pushed to the extreme of the word “insect” rather than humans with wings...

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I want the remaining High Elves in the Cities range to be useable with the Luminith. However, I would like the Idoneth and Lumineth to have special allegiance rules with one another.

They could even include a part of the Indoneth into the Lumineth via the “River” elemental faction. As rivers are the only “oceans” Hysh has, you could have one tribe of the Idoneth staying/going back to Hysh. Unsurprisingly they also share some visual elements (symbols, tassels, shield and armour forms etc.) which wouldn’t make the Idoneth stick out too much (I don’t think they’ll do that though). 

I hope there will be some focus on the relationship between the Lumineth and the Idoneth in the Battletome. My guess is that they’ll do something on lines of having some parts of the Idoneth having a good relationship with the Lumineth, while others do not, so that there are as many possible options for your own stories as possible. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

knowing recent trends at best Phoenix temple and Idoneath deepkin can be ally into Realmlords  (and that if GW think they make good allies) or they do a Barrak Thryng but probably keep rule synergy to a subpar minimum. I don't expect any big allegiance rules between them and GW probably keeps them tightly seperated

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Schulzy said:

Well if Hollywood/Games Workshop ever make a decent Warhammer film, they know who to cast 😆

Could totally see him as an Astartes.

We still need an actor for Gregor Eisenhorn.

edit: Word

Edited by Bayul
  • Like 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/04/12/sunday-preview-happy-easter/

"Later on this week, we’ll be further exploring two reveals from our most recent Warhammer Preview – the apparently-not-just-stories-after-all Sons of Behemat…"

Don't know if they meant the Saturday-Preview or an article mid-week, either way nice to see them.

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Matrindur said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/04/12/sunday-preview-happy-easter/

"Later on this week, we’ll be further exploring two reveals from our most recent Warhammer Preview – the apparently-not-just-stories-after-all Sons of Behemat…"

Don't know if they meant the Saturday-Preview or an article mid-week, either way nice to see them.

I cannot wait for this article, I assume itll be like the Lumineth Lowdown, maybe a Gargant Gazzette or a Behemat Breakdown? I cannot wait!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Banshee1978 said:

I always wondered: two different designers at work? One doing all the miniatures of the starter box. The other who has done teclis and the cow guys?

I wouldn't be surprised if there were multiple designers, but they did meet and align some of the decisions.