The Rumour Thread

22 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

This does not feel like an army that needs Endless spells - and it might be a reach to make them fit to be honest.  If they skipped the opportunity to make endless spells for Ironjawz & Bonesplitterz then I am not sure they will make them for giants.

Khorne demons have endless spells. Nothing is impossible.

29 minutes ago, Sactownbri said:

Khorne demons have endless spells. Nothing is impossible.

Nothing is impossible.  But they don't seem as concerned with making sure everyone has Endless spells and a terrain kit as they initially were.  And if there was any army who has magic that fits the idea of making endless spell models it would be Orcs.  Orc magic has always been based mainly on physical manifestations if you read the spells going back to 4th/5th edition.  Their spells are always a big green hands that pick friendly units up, green fists that pummel the enemy, big green feet that stomp on the enemy, big bolts of green energy that shoot out of a wizards eyes or are vomited out.  Those armies also would have easily lended themselves to terrain in the form of totems.

My point is that GW decided not to make those things for that army, and for some other armies as well, so they might not make them for this army.  We might see them, or we might not.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

No phoenix eggs!?!? Or do Warhammer phoenixes have some other canonical method of reproduction?

EDIT: While this is a half joke, it actually does have lore implications for the background of my Cities of Sigmar custom city...

Well, they are eggs, just not one of the top six in their opinion  (I would complain if I were you)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swarmofseals said:

No phoenix eggs!?!? Or do Warhammer phoenixes have some other canonical method of reproduction?

EDIT: While this is a half joke, it actually does have lore implications for the background of my Cities of Sigmar custom city...

Bear in mind that in mythology the phoenix doesn't reproduce sexually. When a phoenix dies it is consumed by its own flames and a new phoenix rises from the ashes. Sometimes this is depicted as an egg forming in the ashes, sometimes it is born again fully formed.

A frost phoenix might work a bit differently. I ran a D&D game where i used the frost phoenix model recently and came up with the idea that the phoenix shatters into thousands of shards of ice which melt and coalesce into an egg of ice too cold to touch ( a player tried!)

To my knowledge this topic isn't covered in any armybook that features them though, so its a case of creating our own fanon.

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

Bear in mind that in mythology the phoenix doesn't reproduce sexually. When a phoenix dies it is consumed by its own flames and a new phoenix rises from the ashes. Sometimes this is depicted as an egg forming in the ashes, sometimes it is born again fully formed.

A frost phoenix might work a bit differently. I ran a D&D game where i used the frost phoenix model recently and came up with the idea that the phoenix shatters into thousands of shards of ice which melt and coalesce into an egg of ice too cold to touch ( a player tried!)

To my knowledge this topic isn't covered in any armybook that features them though, so its a case of creating our own fanon.

If memory serves, frost phoenixes are the ones on their "last life" .

So new ones should be born somehow.

2 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Wasn’t there the picture of a dragon elf’s combination that went gloriously wrong in the first ghb? Or order book or something.  
#teamdragonmalerion

Yes there was, yet it looked really stupid and more like an Insect than a draconian being 🤣

E93F7995-AC24-4307-B21D-C0F610E75AC4.jpeg

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Confused 1

We‘ll see. I am looking forward to the Shadow Aelves ^^
maybe they‘ll all have some kind of shapeshifting: Warriors who turn into their true form once they suffered damage or you decide to and the likes 😍

I guess a lot of redeployment and slowing shenanigans 👌🏻

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

Nothing is impossible.  But they don't seem as concerned with making sure everyone has Endless spells and a terrain kit as they initially were.  And if there was any army who has magic that fits the idea of making endless spell models it would be Orcs.  Orc magic has always been based mainly on physical manifestations if you read the spells going back to 4th/5th edition.  Their spells are always a big green hands that pick friendly units up, green fists that pummel the enemy, big green feet that stomp on the enemy, big bolts of green energy that shoot out of a wizards eyes or are vomited out. 

Maybe Orcs have better control on magic than Aelves and Nagash? 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 3

So while we are waiting for some solid new rumors, why not go over to the painting and modeling section and check out all those Wonderfull blogs that are now thriving because a lot of people are spending so much time at home :)

And when you go down there, why not not for the TGA painting challenge? You can check out the entries here and vote here!

• Like 7

7 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Yes there was, yet it looked really stupid and more like an Insect than a draconian being 🤣

If there was an army of insect shadow elves then I would probably like elves a lot more.  That sounds like the best possible elf army ever.

• LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

If there was an army of insect shadow elves then I would probably like elves a lot more.  That sounds like the best possible elf army ever.

Could look cool, I simply don‘t like insects aesthetically so that’d be a hard pass for me ^_^

Edited by JackStreicher

22 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Yeah, I think GW phoenixes are a bit different. They are supposed to be descended from the Ur-Phoenix, so that implies some sort of procreation other than a simple one to one death and rebirth cycle. I'm just not sure if these phoenixes are also supposed to be reproduced, or if every phoenix in existence is supposed to be one generation removed from the Ur-Phoenix.

1 minute ago, swarmofseals said:

Yeah, I think GW phoenixes are a bit different. They are supposed to be descended from the Ur-Phoenix, so that implies some sort of procreation other than a simple one to one death and rebirth cycle. I'm just not sure if these phoenixes are also supposed to be reproduced, or if every phoenix in existence is supposed to be one generation removed from the Ur-Phoenix.

Hmm, that would be a bit different. We clearly need a phoenix temple battle tome to shed some light on it all!

1 minute ago, Double Misfire said:

Still hoping Phoenix Temple units (and Shadow Warriors) get the Lumineth keyword, and a few of the more basic Lumineth units get the CoS keyword in return.

That would be nice, but I suspect any synergy we get is more likely to be a quick write up of an elvish free city that can also take Lumineth units, like the ones which are already friendly with Kharadrons and Sylvies can take their units. 

• Like 1