The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, xking said:

Given what the text says on the article, this is definitely Sons of Behemat!!

Now it doesnt look like skin texture and the tops are at an odd angle, so it's either a weapon OR it could be Scenery, a piece of the Behemetian temple?

Edited by KingBrodd

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Now it doesnt look like skin texture and the tops are at an odd angle, so it's either a weapon OR it could be Scenery, a piece of the Behemetian temple?

The text in the article isn't anything to do with what the model is.

I do agree it seems likely to be Sons of Behemat though.

edit: I didn’t read the text at the bottom, that is more explicit this time. 

Edited by Still-young
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

To me I see a torso shape, though viewed from the rear as there isn't a discernible chest or abdomen, yet the general outline and what looks at the top to be where arms would follow make it look that way to me.

Could be scenery carved to look like a torso, perhaps a large tree carved into a gargant shape as some kind of totem?

• Like 1

@Bayul The point of AoS is that everything fits. No design is out of place. And having an image of your patron on your helmet is not that weird in Mortal Realms - Fyreslayers have Magmadroth heads on their helmets, Blood Warriors often wear the Sigil of Khorne (or famous "rabbit ears") on theirs. Big crests are normal here.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Still-young said:

The text in the article isn't anything to do with what the model is.

I do agree it seems likely to be Sons of Behemat though.

edit: I didn’t read the text at the bottom, that is more explicit this time. 

99% of the time the text isnt relevant, this time it is explicitly indeed.

11 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

99% of the time the text isnt relevant, this time it is explicitly indeed.

Yeah, sorry. It's a bit of a peeve of mine that almost every week someone uses the text as evidence of what it must be (not just here, all over the internet), and I hadn't bothered to read the bottom of the article, so I just assumed it was the usual vague references to seeing the future that people read too much into as usual.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Yeah, sorry. It's a bit of a peeve of mine that almost every week someone uses the text as evidence of what it must be (not just here, all over the internet), and I hadn't bothered to read the bottom of the article, so I just assumed it was the usual vague references to seeing the future that people read too much into as usual.

It's safe to assume that for as long as this situation will continue, rumour engines will be showing us miniatures of ranges we know are coming.

Edited by michu
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Still-young said:

No need to apologise mate, I completely understand and I agree that 99% of the time the text has zero relevance and people like to run away with it. 

5 hours ago, michu said:

Big crests are normal here.

That's what I said. I fail to see which of my statements makes you think I complained about the size of hats and this starts to become tedious. Please find another topic to misinterpret.

• Confused 2

I'm starting to think that we will have at least 3 new Previews possibly 4 before June. 

We have have the Preview on the 18th and seeing as GW confirmed that the first 2 have shown off about half of what was expected at Adepticon, then there is the chance that there is also a 4th Adepticon Preview, that is unless they've decided to ditch announcing some things in these uncertain times, which is very understandable. This could take us up to April 25th if they dont skip a week.

Then in May we should have the Warhammerfest Previews, now we dont know how large this is but I think its safe to assume that this will be split into 2, with a week or two gap in between the Previews taking us up untill June.

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Then in May we should have the Warhammerfest Previews, now we dont know how large this is but I think its safe to assume that this will be split into 2, with a week or two gap in between the Previews taking us up untill June

I think they might push everything back and then resume the schedule when they can open up. 
otherwise it will mean a huge gap somewhere down the line. (Not model production ****** as that is so far in advance but the support stuff as marketing) 

so the gargant release, the planned marketing for it, the warhammer fest previews.. I think will be pushed back by x many weeks. Where x is the amount they have to be closed by. Sure they’ll show something but I think more of what we have rather than snything somewhere down the line. 

especially since sylvaneth didn’t sell well after the delay (apparently)

On 4/7/2020 at 2:05 PM, xking said:

I do think this could be SoB-related. Too small for a torso though, I‘m thinking this is a shin guard.

This week‘s Hammerhal Herald hints at mercenary giants by the way.

image.png

Edited by Drakensgreed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Drakensgreed said:

I do think this could be SoB-related. Too small for a torso though, I‘m thinking this is a shin guard.

This week‘s Hammerhal Herald hints at mercenary giants by the way.

image.png

This is amazing, I'm hoping it means the Aleguzzlers will be the only Mercs though. 

8 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I really like Johan. Something to give a sense of scale.

GW confirmed on Facebook there would be other Humans in the kits, hopefully Johans extended Mortal Realms family.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

We have have the Preview on the 18th and seeing as GW confirmed that the first 2 have shown off about half of what was expected at Adepticon

Do you know were this was confirmed?

Btw, I really hope that you are right about a 4th preview. All of them are really nice and enjoyable to watch. 

My two favorite parts are Ulgu looking like a extra tease but still shrouded by it's mists and the Hysh moon being named after Celennar, there must be an interesting connection there for Teclis the moon god to have the spirit from there. Makes me wonder just how high in the sky the Zenith sub-faction will be?

Just now, KingBrodd said:

GW confirmed on Facebook there would be other Humans in the kits, hopefully Johans extended Mortal Realms family.

Indeed and looking at the ship sail rumor tease being a mix of elegant and rickety i'm expecting the humans to be our first Ghyran native models which would also work since Behemat is a realm of life God-beast (it was waking and being driven mad by seeing what Chaos had done to his beloved life realm that caused Sigmar to put him down with a Great Bolt afterall)

The gargant mercenary part's interesting.  I wonder if it'll build on the Grugg brother mercs?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/06/10/the-generals-handbook-2019-mercenary-companiesgw-homepage-post-2/

Edited by Baron Klatz

8 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I love when they expand on the lore of the realms and light and Shadow are fittingly mirrors of each other.

Might not play them but I bet the Realmlords book will have excellent new lore.

Also fittingly the Elf home realm would be known for their arrogance.

Xintil looks a bit like a smiley.

Can you imagine how insanely huge those central mountains must be to be prominently visible on the realm plane? It's gotta be the size of a planet!

Aqshy had towering mountains that rivaled the chained down god-beast used as a sun and it's mostly flat looking regardless. No wonder the sigmirites live there, it must remind them of the Azyr in the heavens it soars so high into the aether.

I also really like the description for the edges:

"Hysh is ringed by a continent known as Haixiah. Lying beyond a sea of liquid light, Haixiah is a freakishly perfect place, where even the fjords are rimmed with precise fractal shapes. Even further towards the edge of the realm lie regions which appear only as pencil sketches, dots of light, or waves of thought."

With the realms always expanding it could one day even reach those eldritch regions as new inner lands.

Edited by Baron Klatz

On 4/6/2020 at 5:55 PM, Goodapollo4 said:

I hadn't even thought about this...I know the reveal said "nothing but giants", but imagine a block of 20-40 Johann-esque villagers running around from the giants, acting as living screens.

I think something along the lines of a shaman would make sense. Think Ork Shaman as reference, with the priest keyword. Rather than a traditional spell caster. But who really knows? They might finally be pushing towards the D&D style with realms driving the different gargant races. Azyr gargants throw lightning, Aqshy gargants spit lava

I don't see why they shouldnt get something equivalent to endless spells too. A base covered with fleeing villagers that blocks movement, line of sight and reduces leadership. A base covered with rolling boulders that moves in a single direction, doing mortal wounds, until it leaves the table. Sky's the limit really.

• Like 3