The Rumour Thread

Exactrly -Flesh Eaters can already run an army almost only comprising undead dragons and terrorgiests and its not really made any big "OMG Broken" waves at all. 

Time will tell if AoS can maintain this as I expect that as GW expands more armies the amount of ranged weapons will increase. Right now there's armies like Flesheaters with no ranged weapons and armies like Daughters of Khaine and Bonereapers with only one perhaps two ranged options. 

Well we currently have 4 Confirmed Gargant types; Kraken Eater, Warstomper, Gate Breaker and the Aleguzzler.

At the end of the Sons of Behemat teaser we saw what could potentially be a 4th new Gargant type. 

I believe this could be a dual kit much like the Dankhold Troggoth/Troggboss. I think that this kit will have the option of being built as King Brodd, a leader or as another larger Gargant. This larger Gargant could even be a replacement for the Forgeworld Bonegrinder Gargant.

2 hours ago, Kasper said:

I am really curious what their plan is for the giants. How will they be different and play on the table? 

I wonder how they will be much different than the current hyper elite forces we already have, like almost pure Stonehorn lists etc.

Yeah, I wonder about this too. If you wanted to run a super-low-model-count army, Destruction was already the alliance of choice. This seems a lot like doubling down on the Stonehorn playstyle, and presumably cleaves pretty closely to its "run forward and smash everything" tactical playbook. It would almost be a given that the Gargants will have similar objective-control rules too.

Very curious to see what they've come up with to give the Gargants their own distinct style on the table.

A ranged unit would be an opportunity missed imo. Doesn't need to be boulder throwing could be giant slingshots or huge javelin! .

Cant think really how they could make varied play styles within the fashion itself . Let alone overall

6 minutes ago, Kadeton said:

Very curious to see what they've come up with to give the Gargants their own distinct style on the table.

Between the name Warstomper and the Ale-Guzzler's Stuff ’Em In Me Bag rule. I think it would be interesting if this army had various rules about killing specific targets within units and disrupting unit cohesion. I doubt that would be their sole play-style but I do think it would be specific and different. I have a feeling that the idea of fleeing villagers will not be a proper unit. If they get rules as some suggested I think they would be more like a bloat toad. An additional model that will have added effects but is built into the points cost of the giant itself. Maybe they will have a negative impact on the enemies leadership as they run in terror from the giants...

Also will the Sons have any form of magic/magical support?

2 hours ago, CDM said:

Hope they split the current aleguzzler kit into different warscrolls and that they are the armigers of the faction.

I could easily see this happen. Maybe not quite on the level of different warscrolls but different equipment options. Dragonskull club vs. weapon-studded tree club vs. masonry flail, that sort of thing. Maybe the millstone and the cage as additional options, same for mutations.

27 minutes ago, azdimy said:

Do we know how many more reveal video will gw do to conclude what would have been the Adepticon reveal? They are really milking it!

No idea and I suspect GW doesn't actually know fully either.

Don't forget their entire factory is closed at present. For them there is nothing moving. So they can't produce or develop any products. 

This means that whilst they likely have a year's worth of concepts, ideas, releases and plans; they can't release them to us in the normal order and rate because otherwise they build themselves a backlog of promises that they can't easily deliver upon. Remembering that when the factories come online it might take several months to get stocks back to a stable point once again whilst also producing stock for new releases at the same time. 

So they are teasing up the Adepticon stuff, however this disaster is likely going to also run over other reveal events that were planned later in the year. As a result GW might combine them or might delay some stuff.

Furthermore from a marketing point of view they clearly want to have something at least once or twice a month to tell us to keep tehir market interested. That means teasing things out; however the date for re-opening keeps shifting and adjusting and there aren't any clear facts on it. So chances are they are now planning for the worst - which if I recall right is reactivation on the 1st June - based on a bit I heard that the lockdown might remain in force until the end of May. 

That's a LONG way from the original April 14th date that was earlier quoted.

Another aspect is that at present lockdown is advertised as a one time event, however when it ends and people start moving there's great potential for infections to flare up again very quickly. So it might be that GW only gets a short term window before lockdowns come back into force and clamp down the country once again. This might mean that their early focus is on restoring existing stocks and that they don't even get to start making new things before the lockdown hits again. 

So things are all a flutter. GW is in a very strong position with no debts, strong assets, a loyal and active customerbase etc... They will weather this better than a lot of other companies. OF course we also have to consider that GW might have to cancel some side projects in order to free up money to cover losses made during this time. The UK Government is covering 80% of wages so GW still has to make up 20% themselves. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Exactrly -Flesh Eaters can already run an army almost only comprising undead dragons and terrorgiests and its not really made any big "OMG Broken" waves at all. 

Time will tell if AoS can maintain this as I expect that as GW expands more armies the amount of ranged weapons will increase. Right now there's armies like Flesheaters with no ranged weapons and armies like Daughters of Khaine and Bonereapers with only one perhaps two ranged options. 

Hey now, Flesh Eaters have more ranged tools than Bonereapers! 

In more normal times, I suspect we would have seen the full  Lumineth army by adepticon. 

2 hours ago, CDM said:

A ranged unit would be an opportunity missed imo. Doesn't need to be boulder throwing could be giant slingshots or huge javelin! .

Cant think really how they could make varied play styles within the fashion itself . Let alone overall

A Ballistae sized bow for an Archer would be a good Rannged/Siege option.

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Between the name Warstomper and the Ale-Guzzler's Stuff ’Em In Me Bag rule. I think it would be interesting if this army had various rules about killing specific targets within units and disrupting unit cohesion. I doubt that would be their sole play-style but I do think it would be specific and different. I have a feeling that the idea of fleeing villagers will not be a proper unit. If they get rules as some suggested I think they would be more like a bloat toad. An additional model that will have added effects but is built into the points cost of the giant itself. Maybe they will have a negative impact on the enemies leadership as they run in terror from the giants...

Also will the Sons have any form of magic/magical support?

I'm hoping for a Shaman.

4 minutes ago, Chikout said:

"Pike weilding"??

I know that spears and pikes are different things but as 28 mm pike would be too long and too easily breakable I think that GW means Warden Spears.

Edited by michu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Likely but we do still need to see their abilities.  There might be a twist that their sun spears have a magic attack that can give the illusion of a pike with a better reach than a regular pole-arm. ;)

Also I'm in awe at the artwork. The bull helms look just as badass as I imagined they would and are awesome on the cover, the bits of the Hysh wall Endless Spell around them is a fantastic touch to show off the realm of light and that it empowers them, the otherworldly explanation and self-created light in shadows is brilliant(light pun intended) and they showed off the name and art of the beautiful veiled aelf.

Scinari Cathaller

dB-8~xK82oF-_Hq3-e1586181681618-846x1008

This tome is already an epic win in my eyes. :D

Just now, KingBrodd said:

Well we currently have 4 Confirmed Gargant types; Kraken Eater, Warstomper, Gate Breaker and the Aleguzzler.

God-king willing people's theories on that giant vertical ram/spiked pillar tease being a new King Brodd model will be true for a fifth confirmation since none of the gargant concepts had it.

"That could also be King Brodd himself, the leader of the Sons of Behemat warscroll battalion. He's known for using a big granite pillar as a weapon."

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, michu said:

I know that spears and pikes are different things but as 28 mm pike would be too long and too easily breakable I think that GW means Warden Spears.

The article we got on the spearmen showed a better view of the models that shows the spears are very long. Some people were even debating if they might have 3 inch range. It is definitely understandable that someone might use the term "pike" to refer to them.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

God-king willing people's theories on that giant vertical ram/spiked pillar tease being a new King Brodd model will be true for a fifth confirmation since none of the gargant concepts had it.

"That could also be King Brodd himself, the leader of the Sons of Behemat warscroll battalion. He's known for using a big granite pillar as a weapon."

100% agree mate.

9 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Well Idoneth have Kraken crests, now there‘s a Kraken Eater Giant. 
WHEN will Idoneth finally get a Kraken!? 😭

I really hope that Idoneth get more Monsters soon. Kraken, Giant Crabs, Whale Transports.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1