The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Overread said:

Yeah a lot of direct order only is only sold at pretty much GW levels from 3rd parties so you can make a significant saving there - and if it applies to FW then that's an even bigger boon. NOTE I'm aware that store bought vouchers can only be redeemed in a store and not online. I've on idea if FW and GW operate the same vouchers or if they have different vouchers. Ergo if you want a FW model you "might" have to get the voucher from FW and not from the GW store. Keep that in mind.

It's basically a 10% saving, which is pretty neat. 

Not sure how much it will really affect things. I mean 10% is ok for people in the UK (no idea about Aussies or USA), but for most other people in the EU, it is still a significantly better deal to order off stuff like Elementgames due to exchange rates. At least until they leave the trade union in 2021.

Most locals around here offer a 10-15% discount anyways, so it really makes no difference for me. I have no reason to ever buy directly off GW.

Edited by Kasper

8 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I just hope giants are bigger than Treelords. Don't expect Imperial Knight size but their name needs to have a reason. 

I hope they're tall enough to stare Archaon in the eyes.

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

imperial knight are pretty huge, I would think Sons of Behemat would be around the greater daemon size or slightly bigger

I think theyll be the height of the Imperial Knights but not the same size.

• Like 1

Giants should, by definition, be the biggest darn things in the game!

IMO.

And why shouldn't AoS have models as large as those available in 40K!

Also, when are we getting more Knight-Incantors? There are way more Primaris Lieutenants!  😜

Edited by Souleater
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kasper said:

Not sure how much it will really affect things. I mean 10% is ok for people in the UK (no idea about Aussies or USA), but for most other people in the EU, it is still a significantly better deal to order off stuff like Elementgames due to exchange rates. At least until they leave the trade union in 2021.

Most locals around here offer a 10-15% discount anyways, so it really makes no difference for me. I have no reason to ever buy directly off GW.

I will be sharing my money between my FLGS and GW because I want to help both recover from this hiatus and in turn grow the hobby.  I will be getting some vouchers.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kasper said:

Aye but GW still has a block of products that they don't sell to retail stores with discount. That's why some things at the local store level are the same price (or very near too) as the GW store. It's those products that, with this discount offer, would be worth getting from GW direct with discount.

Of course @Aelfric raises a good point about supporting your local game store - which has likely been hit far harder than GW has by this global shutdown. Indeed DO support your local store(s) as much as you financially can. 

• Like 1

The Kraken-eater look like the famous painting "Saturn eating his son" !

While the Gatebreaker look like that Giant's picture from Black Library back then

And the Warstomper ... he look like the troll from Harry Potter isn't he? 😆

I can't wait for this army, maybe there is another one, more heavier with armor ( rumor engine giant pillar and shield-thing)

Screenshot_2020-04-05 AoS 2 - Sons of Behemat Discussion.png

Screenshot_2020-04-05 saturn eating his son - Google Search.png

Screenshot_2020-04-05 EPsGAMAXsAA208Q (Image JPEG, 900 × 520 pixels).png

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Souleater said:

IMO.

Also, when are we getting more Knight-Incantors? There are way more Primaris Lieutenants!  😜

I hope they're bloody huge. Bonegrinder size.

7 minutes ago, Elbaf said:

The Kraken-eater look like the famous painting "Saturn eating his son" !

While the Gatebreaker look like that Giant's picture from Black Library back then

And the Warstomper ... he look like the troll from Harry Potter isn't he? 😆

I can't wait for this army, maybe there is another one, more heavier with armor ( rumor engine giant pillar and shield-thing)

Screenshot_2020-04-05 AoS 2 - Sons of Behemat Discussion.png

Screenshot_2020-04-05 saturn eating his son - Google Search.png

Screenshot_2020-04-05 EPsGAMAXsAA208Q (Image JPEG, 900 × 520 pixels).png

Saturn eating his Son is the perfect comparison. I think the Shield and Pillar rumour engines are going to be part of King Brodds kit. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Souleater said:

IMO.

I agree, I hope the Gargants are absolutely massive. I can see Heroes and Gods such as Archaon being larger than them obviously, but they should tower over all the other races and monsters. I hope they look well down upon Ghorgons and Cygors.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I agree, I hope the Gargants are absolutely massive. I can see Heroes and Gods such as Archaon being larger than them obviously, but they should tower over all the other races and monsters. I hope they look well down upon Ghorgons and Cygors.

I hope that we get three new kits out of this: The smallest one will be the equivalent of the Sons of Behemat Armigers. The Aleguzzler would be mid sized and a second kit around the same size (hopefully larger) will be released. Finally, a massive centre piece which I want to tower above giants will be available. 

I think it would add some visual dynamism to the army.

I could see it, I mentioned before on the adepticon thread of all the different gargants, titans, jotunn, gigantic monsters and spirits of God-beasts mentioned in the Mortal Realms lore. If they wanted they could include everything from fiery armored titans from Aqshy's steppe khanate to gargants in Chamon that wrangled sky krakens into servitude like the mercenary chaos gargant menagerie does for a mix of sizes.

However I could see this being just a handful of models as well. A 2.0 version of the Beastclaw  Raiders as another easy to get into Destruction faction with a few massive models to have fun with as crush your enemy and stomp on objectives. Easy and fun to play but hard to master while also allowing a ton of Destruction forces as allies or new armies to naturally build into and keep the hobby and gameplay fresh.

In the end I'm just happy Age of Sigmar has another unique faction to it's already amazing roster and our King Brodd is doing cartwheels for it. :D

2 hours ago, Souleater said:

, when are we getting more Knight-Incantors?

That's what I'm hoping for with the chamber hint. Seems too early for something like Ruination Chamber so it's likely new heroes bolting in. Hopefully for Beastgrave or even Warcry(maybe alongside the recent teaser for Ossiarchs too since they're invading Eight-points? ).

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • LOVE IT! 1

30 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

@CDM Hahaha,  clearly my influence for wanting varied sizes for the Sons of Behemat range was more obvious than I had hoped. :) 

Lol. I watched a couple of episodes with him and thought it was really good! I thought the different sizes of the titans really ramps up the threat as the smaller ones can enter buildings ets. One mis step and your titan food!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I could see it, I mentioned before on the adepticon thread of all the different gargants, titans, jotunn, gigantic monsters and spirits of God-beasts mentioned in the Mortal Realms lore. If they wanted they could include everything from fiery armored titans from Aqshy's steppe khanate to gargants in Chamon that wrangled sky krakens into servitude like the mercenary chaos gargant menagerie does for a mix of sizes.

However I could see this being just a handful of models as well. A 2.0 version of the Beastclaw  Raiders as another easy to get into Destruction faction with a few massive models to have fun with as crush your enemy and stomp on objectives. Easy and fun to play but hard to master while also allowing a ton of Destruction forces as allies or new armies to naturally build into and keep the hobby and gameplay fresh.

In the end I'm just happy Age of Sigmar has another unique faction to it's already amazing roster and our King Brodd is doing cartwheels for it. :D

That's what I'm hoping for with the chamber hint. Seems too early for something like Ruination Chamber so it's likely new heroes bolting in. Hopefully for Beastgrave or even Warcry(maybe alongside the recent teaser for Ossiarchs too since they're invading Eight-points? ).

Thanks again mate, I'm practically a gymnast these days from all the flips and tricks!!

5 hours ago, CDM said:

Yeah hoping for different sizes ala the ones from Attack on Titan which my sons into

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

@CDM Hahaha,  clearly my influence for wanting varied sizes for the Sons of Behemat range was more obvious than I had hoped. :) 

I hope the same, for same reason as you both! Definitely an influence on my own desire to field an all-Gargant army to the point of listening to the soundtrack of the show whenever I've wanted to hype myself up for Sons of Behemat in the past 5 months!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Yeah, they fit Big Friendly Giant or other fairy tales. Were they AoS names, they'd have a superfluous word attached to them and be less descriptive.

I mean Kraken-Eater, Gatebreaker and Warstomper perfectly match with Aleguzzler and I'm pretty sure that was named for AoS even though the kit was from WHFB so I don't really get where you're coming from here.

• Like 4

I am really curious what their plan is for the giants. How will they be different and play on the table? 

From what I gathered in the preview video, it said "giants and nothing but giants" - I guess there wont be any "gnoblars", but I guess you can always ally in goblins due to destruction if you wanted some more bodies.

Outside of "hurr durr big giants on the table", I wonder how they will be much different than the current hyper elite forces we already have, like almost pure Stonehorn lists etc.

Edited by Kasper

Yeah, I also think that in AoS a "big boys" faction won´t show as much impact as Knights, especially as we already have several Faction that can be played with just a hand full of big monsters. Beside this, rulewise AoS barely differs between Monsters and smaller Units of Multiple Models as it is mechanicaly quite even (Damage Tables, wounds spilling over, always wounding on the same value regardless of enemy.

Nevertheless, I expect another cool factions and some lovely models.

One bonus AoS has is that the majority of armies rely heavily on close combat. So putting giants in doesn't really change things a huge amount. Instead of a block of infantry you've got a giant or a terragiest or a dragon. They all mostly engage in the same/similar ranges  and the alternation (mostly) of close combat attacks per turn also helps level the playing field.

The problems with knights and such in 40K tends to be more that ranged weapons are far more powerful so in some situations its possible to obliterate things during a shooting phase before the opponent can react. I can see 40K potentially adopting an Apoc approach whereby casualties are removed at the end of a turn not during the shooting/attacking phase and then merging shooting into a single turn or somesuch - ergo allowing return fire. 

• Like 3