The Rumour Thread

I'd rather they just tell us officially that they'll have to cut down on the preview if this is the case. 

If we didn't know from insider knowledge, then obviously i mean if we are presented with a shorter preview, life goes on no big deal, but after hyping it up to be such a big reveal you had to split it up, it would be a little disappointing. Just tell everyone now, most will understand. 

I'll settle for a line saying the sons are getting new models 😂

• Like 1

I think its important that people realise that the preview isn't so vast that it was split up to make it possible; but more that GW is overtly spreading things out to try and keep some media coming our way whilst the Corona Virus has them fully shut down at present and thus unable to deliver on anything they market to us. I think GW also ahs to be careful not to front load their marketing too heavily to the point whre they are previewing things that could be 6 months off at best estimations; accepting that they don't have any date upon when they can restart their factories; nor even any details on how many of their staff will willingly or legally be able to come back to work  at that time (some might be living with at-risk groups or be an at-risk themselves or they might catch the virus and have to be in isolation etc...). 

It would not surprise me if GW cuts down content a bit; spreads it out a bit more and even ends up repeating things eventually as the weeks drag on. I don't mind that in the least because its better than GW promising huge amounts of stuff that might take a very long time to arrive or which might even get delayed or cancelled as a result of the continuing situation. 

Don't forget GW's stock is ok but the whole 3rd party market will likely be dry of models by the time GW gets to shipping again. That's a huge back-order for GW to full-fill. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Looks like tomorrow will be a bigger preview as they are doing previews every 10 mins rather than 15.

Looking forward to it

Have they confirmed this? Excellent!! Bring me my Sons!!

Edited by KingBrodd

9 hours ago, Overread said:

I'm tempted to force all you dwarves and aelves off into an AoS War of the Beard thread of your own for all the grudging. 

Put a few skaven players into that thread, and the war can truly begin😋

8 hours ago, Kadeton said:

To be fair, if any Duardin players feel you need godly representation, you can just put Gotrek on the table. Refer to him as "Grungni" or whatever if you like. He'll easily beat (up, down and sideways) any of the other gods in the game.

Getting dwarf women back in the game is a good call, though!

To be far if you give Gotrek a white beard and call him Grungni, I’m not sure If you’ll survive the next night, considering how much go-trek loves those meddling, in his words useless gods

On 4/2/2020 at 10:42 PM, Noserenda said:

Well i mean its a return to the older way of running Undead all in one blob :)

Id really like to see some Eshin love, even if its just a Warcry or Underworlds box to get some updated gutter Runners and maybe return Eshin Sorcerors or Triads  :)

Eshin are my favourite Skaven clan, but I doubt anyone in their right mind would run a pure Eshin army due to the criminally low options such an army would have. Even Moulder have more AND can spam Giant Rats and Rat Swarms which, if nothing else, is at least hilarious.

• Like 3

Really hope that they preview even just a vague glimps of the future of Warcry as we do not know anything about what will happen to it. Sure Scions are coming out and they look great but we all knew they were coming at some point.

But where will Warcry be going? Deeper narratives? Expanded main rules? New realms? Or simply just more warbands and a new ToC? or have they started the process of putting the game on the dusty shelves in the back of the store next to WHQ?

Spill the beans Ben Johnson🙂 

Edited by Greasygeek

1 hour ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Eshin are my favourite Skaven clan, but I doubt anyone in their right mind would run a pure Eshin army due to the criminally low options such an army would have. Even Moulder have more AND can spam Giant Rats and Rat Swarms which, if nothing else, is at least hilarious.

Inverse ninja theory is also a ******....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Beliman said:

Btw, if we count Allarielle as an Aelf, the pointy ears are going to have 2 Gods on the game soon!!!! That's another line in the Grudge Book!!!! 

While adding a Grudge is always a good thing, technically we have the elgi outnumbered divinity wise as Gotrek is easily worth a pantheon of the pointy ears.

6 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

Really hope that they preview even just a vague glimps of the future of Warcry as we do not know anything about what will happen to it. Sure Scions are coming out and they look great but we all knew they were coming at some point.

But where will Warcry be going? Deeper narratives? Expanded main rules? New realms? Or simply just more warbands and a new ToC? or have they started the process of putting the game on the dusty shelves in the back of the store next to WHQ?

Spill the beans Ben Johnson🙂 

I hope we hear something soon as well, but just remember this is not the last preview of the season, and Warcry got Scions last week. I think a new starter set somewhere close to July (adjusted for lockdown delays of course) is extremely likely, since doing more than one starter set is something they do to almost every game they have.

8 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Well two things:

1. Clan eshin actually have the biggest roster of any faction. But the other units are so stealthy nobodies ever seen them. 🤫

2. I’m convinced Moulder is actually pretty good. It needs a bit of support from a Verminlord/thanquol but it’s has punch, numbers and speed. I don’t have the models to try it at 2K but at 1K it actually works pretty well. 

4 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

And they have been so successful in comparison too. Got themselves all chained-up, then one of them lost his wife and has been doing contract work for Sigmar and the other blew himself up. 

Whereas the Aelf gods only rule over three of the eight realms. 

Dwarf Gods are so honorable that they need to be "handicapped" to play fair in the mortal realms!!

Everybody knows that this game was going to be called Age of Grimnir but Grimnir put Sigmar on the leadership and "removed" himself for the health of this game. Look at Gotrek, he is just his chosen champion and is destroying everone.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

Dwarf Gods are so honorable that they need to be "handicapped" to play fair in the mortal realms!!

Everybody knows that this game was going to be called Age of Grimnir but Grimnir put Sigmar on the leadership and "removed" himself for the health of this game. Look at Gotrek, he is just his chosen champion and is destroying everone.

Your going to get us yelled at again.

Agree completely though.

Excited for the reveals later.  Hoping for some hints at whats the next "Season" of Warcry will look like.

• Thanks 1