The Rumour Thread

I personally think since the last two FW releases for AoS were the big Khorne dragon and the Stormcast heads we are not going to see anything else. It’s a small studio and I guess between the games they already handle and the design of Old World they have enough. Half of the Monster Arcanum is now not available any more and even Tamurkhan legion is reduced to Plague Toads...

On the topic of PA-like inserts, if you remove the warscrolls that are freely available online or can be sold as an expansion, the AoS rules in a Battletome are few pages and could entirely be rewritten with or without updates in an expansion. You keep lore and painting guides to the Battletome and update only the rules. Ossiarch rules are in 12 pages with a lot of fluff text that could be removed and refer to the Battletome to reduce pages, Gloomspite is 9 pages... don’t seem that much and should be relatively easy to summarise in even less pages if required... that way you have to carry only one book and the gaming book expansion with all artifacts etc if you really need to. Also Azyr has all warscrolls for free if you don’t want to print and it’s easier to search on a phone than on a book...

I would personally love an expansion like that because let’s be realistic we are not going to see a push to have so many battletomes out in future. The run to have all tomes AoS 2.0 ready in 18 months was amazing and unprecedented and most likely unique. Certain factions need some love and these expansions are the only thing that could keep them alive. 
It’s the usual conversation GW does not invest in armies that don’t sell but bad rules make armies less sold and played, so it’s a tricky balance. Some AoS 2.0 armies really need some oomph like Beast of Chaos and Sylvaneth.

2 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Not good.

I'm still irked that we don't have one female Dwarf for any of the AoS Armies  

We have a low number of kits for all Dwarf armies and Dispossessed are still the same Dwarfs that you can buy in any other company (not very AoS btw...). I hope to see new pool of kits for all of our armies (with new Female Dwarfs in it) 😤

Btw, if we count Allarielle as an Aelf, the pointy ears are going to have 2 Gods on the game soon!!!! That's another line in the Grudge Book!!!! 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Kramer said:

Maybe, I'm not a 40K player. But it seemed kind of 'rules bloaty' to me. Do I have it right that you need the Codex + the relevant Psychic awakening supplement to play the up to date army?

It’s insane. Last week I played with the thought of building myself some Carcharodon Space Marines. Several hours of reading later I buried the idea. Wouldn’t even know where to begin, with all the rules, outfitting and armament options (what in Emperors name is a Primaris??).

Then I realized how beginner-friendly AoS really is. 😄

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

We have a low number of kits for all Dwarf armies and Dispossessed are still the same Dwarfs that you can buy in any other company (not very AoS btw...). I hope to see new pool of kits for all of our armies (with new Female Dwarfs in it) 😤

Btw, if we count Allarielle as an Aelf, the pointy ears are going to have 2 Gods on the game soon!!!! That's another line in the Grudge Book!!!! 

Oh she definitely count's as a dirty Elf.  

Grungi is perfect for an awesome center-piece model. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

To be fair, if any Duardin players feel you need godly representation, you can just put Gotrek on the table. Refer to him as "Grungni" or whatever if you like. He'll easily beat (up, down and sideways) any of the other gods in the game.

Getting dwarf women back in the game is a good call, though!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kadeton said:

To be fair, if any Duardin players feel you need godly representation, you can just put Gotrek on the table. Refer to him as "Grungni" or whatever if you like. He'll easily beat (up, down and sideways) any of the other gods in the game.

Getting dwarf women back in the game is a good call, though!

Well, to be fair too, you can paint/convert Gotrek to match any Order lists. But that's not my point.

Beard for the Beardly God !!! Beer for the Drunken Throne!!!

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 10:43 PM, Saï.Gonn said:

About the RE, it looks like an elven weapon but I don't see a simple elf carrying a weapon like that.

Why not a weapon of one of the four spirits of Hysh, the spirits would be very tall, half elf half creature.

There are others weapons in previous RE that could be elven weapon, why not weapons of the others spirits ?

Whitefang, i wanted to say that i was sad that you didn't tell that i was right and i just see that you liked my post :) but i didn't see it

Now i think that everybody want to know  what will be revealed tomorrow. Will there be others spirits ? 1 more ? All ?

I would say just an other one, and the 2 others will be with the Tyrion wave

• Like 1

That would be nice to see another lumineth spirit tomorrow. It would make sense that they released the most controversial one first. Although if they have another spirit ready maybe revealing them both at once may have been better to downplay the holy cow reaction from the community

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Just over 24 hours now untill the next online Preview. God I hope we get a Sons of Behemat reveil or tease. 

Unfortunatly, according to "inside GW contact", the reveals of tomorrow have been lightened  due to change in the GW grand scheme (schedule). There will be some news to keep the major promises but not the biggest of the biggest as planed initially. Take care guys and enjoy your family time 😛

Edited by GeneralZero
  • Sad 7

7 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Unfortunatly, according to "inside GW contact", the reveals of tomorrow have been lightened  due to change in the GW grand scheme (schedule). There will be some news to keep the major promises but not the biggest of the biggest as planed initially. Take care guys and enjoy your family time 😛

366122050_594.png.9773d78ad07324d75cea0e6339a8876f1.png.29f5c1c86bb2463f297406fceb991e8d.png

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Aww man I truly hope you're wrong. I'll be so disappointed if I have to wait till May to see anything.

Did you notice that just watching your TV, there are way less ads? Nothing to sell imply nothing to invest in especially in the sales & marketing departments. GW is no different. Creating a hype now for something that is out of sales sight  is unreasonable.

I wish that I am wrong but at the end of the day, covid-19 is the boss. Unfortunately. 

Being in the hobby for more than 3 decades, I don't care much if I have to wait 1 or 2 months more. I'm back to gluing grey plastic  😉

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Beliman said:

If you are counting the grudges then, excluding the disproportionate number of factions you can add a Demi-god (Morathi) and the avatar of a defunct god (Mathlann). Against one single dwarf, really strong but usable also in... aelves armies!

Add also the number of named Aelf characters against named Duardin characters and you need a new book of grudges.

Got it @GeneralZero, understandable. I’m still of the opinion that showing some design concepts will keep the atmosphere and mood high in these difficult times but I understand that would be a change of policy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

I hope they finally finish with the Lumineth preview. 

• Like 1

it probably going to be more 40k heavy since last week was only Fabous Bile model reveal. I would expect a lot more this week for them.

for Lumineath they are probable going to reveal the rest of the generic Aelves heroes since only one has been truly reveal so far, at this point I doubt Tyrion or any other big large models are going to come. they could still reveal maybe one or two more smaller units.

not sure about Behemat reveal outside of a short video teaser

2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

If you mean biggest as in most important it wouldn’t surprise if they’ve shelved a 40k 9th edition reveal until later. If you mean biggest as in size, it will be a bummer to miss out on the sons.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

If you are counting the grudges then, excluding the disproportionate number of factions you can add a Demi-god (Morathi) and the avatar of a defunct god (Mathlann). Against one single dwarf, really strong but usable also in... aelves armies!

Add also the number of named Aelf characters against named Duardin characters and you need a new book of grudges.

Got it @GeneralZero, understandable. I’m still of the opinion that showing some design concepts will keep the atmosphere and mood high in these difficult times but I understand that would be a change of policy.

Dwarfs need gods on the battlefield as much as they need monsters, wizards and cavalry. Elves are awfully frail, and need the all the divine models available to them to stand an iota of a chance in games against a proper elder race. A real dwarf player would be complaining about the lack of proper artillery available. You beardlings will be asking for endless spells next!

Longbeard.png.aa3d0d428de1020ff2eddaccc1942369.png

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Dwarfs need gods on the battlefield as much as they need monsters, wizards and cavalry. Elves are awfully frail, and need the all the divine models available to them to stand an iota of a chance in games against a proper elder race. A real dwarf player would be complaining about the lack of proper artillery available. You beardlings will be asking for endless spells next!

Longbeard.png.aa3d0d428de1020ff2eddaccc1942369.png

A proper dwarf would be grumbling.

About the artillery, lack of artillery, lack of beer, weather, amount of magic splashing about, younglings not keeping their cool, geezers not keeping up with the pace, shade of green of the orks and goblins, newfangled names for those orks and goblins, etc, etc, etc.

• Thanks 6

Right that's it you shorties - out OUT OUT!! By the powers of Brian Blessed and Ale begone yea dwarves to your own place for general chatter/grudges/grumbling/quaffing and whatever else you dwarves do. Return this thread for general rumour chatter safe for all, including elves. 

• Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Souleater said:

Okay, as a compromise they can just tell us all about the Sons and nowt else.

Works for me! 😜

100%, agreed, show me my Sons!!

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

If you mean biggest as in most important it wouldn’t surprise if they’ve shelved a 40k 9th edition reveal until later. If you mean biggest as in size, it will be a bummer to miss out on the sons.

Honestly I selfishly hope that this is the case of 40K 9th Edition not showing in favour of the Sons being revealed or hell even teased.