The Rumour Thread

4 hours ago, Charleston said:

I had an Idea how to make LRL Hammerers awesome and above you see some proof of concept. Same size, only the position is shifted. You can even easily spot the champ with the bracers on the Horn.

Is this edit different?

On 3/28/2020 at 7:57 PM, Chumphammer said:

Improved

IMG-20200328-WA0014.jpg

Edited by Zanzou
  • Like 1

Does anybody even thought that if there is someone capable of making balanced helmets with big crests it's aelves?

And about those redesings -  getting rid of spire helmets is not a good idea. Without them it's maybe more balanced but less aelven.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, michu said:

Does anybody even thought that if there is someone capable of making balanced helmets with big crests it's aelves?

And about those redesings -  getting rid of spire helmets is not a good idea. Without them it's maybe more balanced but less aelven.

I dunno, I find them to look not elven at all, just intensely stupid with the cow pillar helmets. With the headswaps they look adequate, though their hammers still look like wacky toy mallets from Warcraft, not like actual weapons.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deepkin said:

I dunno, I find them to look not elven at all, just intensely stupid with the cow pillar helmets. With the headswaps they look adequate, though their hammers still look like wacky toy mallets from Warcraft, not like actual weapons.

Sigmar's hammer, even with more similar shape to real warhammers is too big. Warhammer weapons are not realistic, deal with it. 

14 minutes ago, michu said:

Sigmar's hammer, even with more similar shape to real warhammers is too big. Warhammer weapons are not realistic, deal with it. 

No. I like what I like, and dislike what I dislike. You deal with it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Then I repeat earlier  question - if you don't like AoS design choices (because many factions have unrealistic weapons) and you don't like AoS names why are you playing it? Makes no sense to me.

Edited by michu

15 minutes ago, michu said:

Then I repeat earlier  question - if you don't like AoS design choices (because many factions have unrealistic weapons) and you don't like AoS names why are you playing it? Makes no sense to me.

I think for most of us it’s not so easy and clear-cut. For the Lumineth, I think a lot of disappointment stems from exactly the fact that people very much liked the riders and spearmen. Which I still find great models in every respect. That makes it so much worse that it ended with cows.

I think most of us miniature fans see and recognize the quality and possibilities that GWs technology offers for making truly stunning models. People are just sad if that potential is not used for something they like.

Edited by Beastmaster
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, xking said:

Yeah I don't get it either, ever since he's(or she's) been on here. They have done nothing but state how much they hate Age of Sigmar and the hate the models.  

You consistently have some of the worst takes on this site, but this one stands out as particularly egregious. Never have I said I hate AoS or the models. Don't project your insecurity regarding the setting and its popularity onto me.

I don't like these particular models. I like the Deepkin range, however. I like the Scions of the Flame (in particular the flamberge model) and the Iron Golems from Warcry. I like the Kharadron range. I like the new Chaos Warriors and Knights. I like some of the Fyreslayers. And so on. I can like some parts of a model range and dislike others. Some people are nuanced like that. If that's hard for you to understand, maybe take a moment of self-reflection.

Or, keep adminstering purity tests for AoS Stasi or whatever keeps you busy.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

That makes it so much worse that it ended with cows.

There is one unit with auroch-helmets and two auroch-like elementals. Saying they're "cow-aelves" is just insulting. It has as much sense as "sigmarines". 

People just confuse "I don't like it" with "it's bad". Those are two different things.

Edited by michu
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, xking said:

90% of the time you say anything it's negative, what are we supposed to think.  It's an observation, not an attack on 

At least have the balls to follow through when you call someone out. Don't be resort to this catty "oh no offense" BS. Ignore my posts it they don't suit you, you'll be happier in the long run.

• Like 1

MODERATOR NOTICE

That's quite enough in-fighting over model aesthetic choices. Accept that some people like some design elements and others dislike them and lets move on. This is NOT the place nor time to start arguing over who's opinion is right/wrong. If you want to go DEBATE elf hats go make a thread on it and behave yourself in it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

11 minutes ago, Beliman said:

You are all wrong.

Every model that is not a dwarf is just a wasted model. 

Ever since I started following this game I have wanted dwarves for each grand alliance: Order already has them, Destruction dwarves might be to close to Fyerslayers so I say switch their grand alliance, Chaos dwarves with an emphasis on demon bound artillery like the hellcannon, then an army of undead dwarves could be something novel and interesting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xking said:

But Fyerslayers are nothing like destruction, they are far to orderly. 

I think the aesthetic of Berserker dwarves lends itself to destruction but you are right that it would require a lot of narrative reshuffling and explanation. Maybe we could have an off shoot of the Fyreslayers that began to worship Gorkamorka.

Could do like Highlander hill dwarfs that don't worship any god (cuz no dwarf would worship an orc god! Thats a grudgin!) but trust only in the riddle of steel, waging endless war on those around them because anyone who isn't a dwarf isn't worth keeping alive and any dwarf that isn't from the hills isn't a dwarf

• Like 1

@xking @Deepkin

I am loving these suggestions, I might even make an army of converted highlander Destruction Dwarves! I have my Chaos and Order armies already so this could be my next project waaay down the line. 

Also I will use the Fyreslayers, as a base but I might try and remove their Ur-Gold Runes... 

🤔

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

@xking @Deepkin

I am loving these suggestions, I might even make an army of converted highlander Destruction Dwarves! I have my Chaos and Order armies already so this could be my next project waaay down the line. 

Also I will use the Fyreslayers, as a base but I might try and remove their Ur-Gold Runes... 

🤔

Scibor minis makes some nice resin highlander dwarfs IIRC. Could be a nice place to start!

• Thanks 1

Aside from the new armies (SoB and Lumineth) is there any other faction that needs a battletome in AOS? Or has everyone been caught up?

If everyone has a battletome and AOS 2.0 is "settled"...what happens now? AOS 3.0? Updating or filling out armies? Psychic Awakening style supplements? 

I kind of never thought I'd see the day tbh. It felt like Battletomes were just coming out regularly. It sort of feels like AOS is "done" for now? 

13 minutes ago, Ravinsild said:

Aside from the new armies (SoB and Lumineth) is there any other faction that needs a battletome in AOS? Or has everyone been caught up?

If everyone has a battletome and AOS 2.0 is "settled"...what happens now? AOS 3.0? Updating or filling out armies? Psychic Awakening style supplements? 

I kind of never thought I'd see the day tbh. It felt like Battletomes were just coming out regularly. It sort of feels like AOS is "done" for now? 

I reckon the early 2.0 battletomes might deserve an update now in between the new factions. Perhaps as dual boxes. 
Armies like Nurgle, Stormcast, Deepkin, Daughters, Legions of Nagash (or its subfactions), beast of Chaos. could use un update. Mostly to shuffle some things up, but Nurgle and Stormcast have been overtaken by power creep. Deepkin, Daughters, Legions I would just like to see more playstyle options and some updated warscrolls and I reckon they'll be fun to play and competitive for a while. Beast of Chaos is just weird to me as it seems to be mostly played in other allegiances. Which seems to miss the intent of a battletome. 

Updates probably with a small unit/character to go with it. 

Edited by Kramer
Added Beasts
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I reckon the early 2.0 battletomes might deserve an update now in between the new factions. Perhaps as dual boxes. 
Armies like Nurgle, Stormcast, Deepkin, Daughters, Legions of Nagash (or its subfactions), beast of Chaos. could use un update. Mostly to shuffle some things up, but Nurgle and Stormcast have been overtaken by power creep. Deepkin, Daughters, Legions I would just like to see more playstyle options and some updated warscrolls and I reckon they'll be fun to play and competitive for a while. Beast of Chaos is just weird to me as it seems to be mostly played in other allegiances. Which seems to miss the intent of a battletome. 

Updates probably with a small unit/character to go with it. 

Might that fall under a Psychic Awakening supplement? In 40k they just added some extra rules to factions which helped shuffle around the meta and breathed new life into some factions, like Chaos Space Marines, but didn't come out with new full on Codexes.