The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

This. Cant stress this enough.

They probably meant that they are aelves, Not aelf hybrids like DoK or Sylvaneth, not cursed aelves like IDK, just aelves. And they are. They have auroch helmets but they not partially aurochs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I hope it‘s something else Death related since the molten bone + crystal exists for a number of Death models that are older than Ossiarchs (all the end times Models) =}

Only on Mortarchs, Nagash and Morghasts. Most of that style later ended in OBR. Maybe Warcry starter box Scions of Flame vs OBR?

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, michu said:

And to go back to rumours. As Katakros invaded All-points maybe it's not WHU warband but a Warcry one?

I'd love them to start using Warcry to bring out sets for non chaos factions to explore them a bit more and add more variety and depth to ranges. Especially if they were cross compatible with the rest of the relevant ranges. Would love to see a Warcry Kharadron box, or add to the Underworlds Kurnothi war band with a Warcry war band.They'd be a great source of bits and conversions to allow folks to customise their forces collections as even the larger new factions like Kharadron don't have much model depth. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, michu said:

And to go back to rumours. As Katakros invaded All-points maybe it's not WHU warband but a Warcry one?

Maybe it’s the remnants of the chaos armies the OBR tore into grabbing the weapons of “dead” legionaries, fighting to get back home in order to prove to Archaon they’re the most resilient fighters around.

1 hour ago, whispersofblood said:

GW never marketed these as new "HE", they said pointy aelves which could mean any number of thing.

Confused that you didn't see them specifically market these in a way that lead everyone to consider them the "new HE".  All of the reporting websites across the internet referred to them as the new high aelves, from their very first announcement video.

The announcement video was of Teclis first of all, and it said the aelves he was bringing back were specifically the classic pointy aelves, and they showed old pictures of exactly what we could expect by the classic "pointy aelves" look.

If you still don't think the internet was lead to believe this by GW's delivery, I doubt there is anything I could say to change your mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Zanzou said:

Confused that you didn't see them specifically market these in a way that lead everyone to consider them the "new HE".  All of the reporting websites across the internet referred to them as the new high aelves, from their very first announcement video.

The announcement video was of Teclis first of all, and it said the aelves he was bringing back were specifically the classic pointy aelves, and they showed old pictures of exactly what we could expect by the classic "pointy aelves" look.

If you still don't think the internet was lead to believe this by GW's delivery, I doubt there is anything I could say to change your mind.

It was incredible misleading. The first trailler suggested "classic models made modern" not "lol bull horns for all".

I expected something like the new Chaos starter set where they redone classic models with modern tecnology. 

Heck the High Elves never lived up to the high quality of their artwork ( the Aenerion piece with the Dragon is just amazing) and right now  GW have the means to produce that level of quality.

People wouldnt be so upset if their marketing was done in other ways.  Idoneth was a new concept by Teclis and people accepted rather well. Same goes to Morathi. But Lumineth marketing led us to belive in a product that was not delivered, hence the backlash from some of the fans.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

The problem is that once you think you have decoded what GW will do, what they intend, what they will release or how future miniatures will look then they will absolutely not do just that. They constantly do things that (most) people do not suspect.

Lets take Sons of Behemat as an example. Already people have started  filling in the huge and gaping  blanks of what we don't know about the faction (basically anything beside the name). What´s the odds of anyone doing these speculations being anywhere close to the mark?

What I gathered from the Spiky Aelves teaser was that it was a new faction, roughly based on the old High Elf faction and I then assumed that GW would do their usual new iteration of them with a twist. How wild and out there this twist would be was to be determined later...and here we are partway down the stream.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

It was incredible misleading. The first trailler suggested "classic models made modern" not "lol bull horns for all".

I expected something like the new Chaos starter set where they redone classic models with modern tecnology. 

Heck the High Elves never lived up to the high quality of their artwork ( the Aenerion piece with the Dragon is just amazing) and right now  GW have the means to produce that level of quality.

People wouldnt be so upset if their marketing was done in other ways.  Idoneth was a new concept by Teclis and people accepted rather well. Same goes to Morathi. But Lumineth marketing led us to belive in a product that was not delivered, hence the backlash from some of the fans.

We all need to get used to it. GW is running a business and it’s fairly obvious they are slowly retiring/replacing “generic” I.e. Tolkien-esque  fantasy tropes.  Normal orcs (greenskinz) gone, generic goblins (gitmob), generic dwarves ( dispossessed) sidelined and replaced, generic  death? Slowly getting marginalized and retired. 

GW has a business to run and they are replacing all the generic models with their own creations. That creates intellectual property rights and gives them a trademarked product. Anyone can make generic elf models, but by drastically changing the aesthetic, GE can bring suit to other companies copying their style of elves. Gives them greater control over the market. It’s just good business sense. 

probably why you’re never going to see Brettonia or tomb kings make a return. Generic Arthurian knights or egyptian undead any company can make and compete with GW. But only GE can make ossiarch bone reaper models. 

• Like 5

Bloody hell, I thought I was the grouch. I think the new Aelves look pretty great, always felt they were going to put an AOS spin on them when it came to the elites and HQ's. To me that was obvious hence I was telling people around the net to curb their expectations since it's not going to be a 1 to 1 copy. 

Anyway, I'm ready to MOOOO for Teclis!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Zanzou said:

The Aelves themselves are reminicent of the elf drawings. The question was and is were they said to be HE explicitly, or was there something specifically about those images that were HE if you don't pull them from a HE army book? The 4 pictures in the Pointy elf video were an archer, a spearman, a reaver and a swordmaster, how are LRL aelfs the Aelves themselves not consistent with that at the very high level and abstract level that a 97 second video would provide?

And again, these are a millenia of cultural growth from High Elves.

• Like 3