The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I think Cities and Kharadron will do for me. For all others, Underworlds is enough to get a taste.

Maybe the Old World will be my taste, but that's no guarantee after seeing the ice weapons.

Fully agree about the Stormcast 40k equipment and overdone Khorne stuff.

I think Old World will more suit your taste and as long as you can enjoy the sky dwarves and the Citiy Troops (Cities of Sigmar are very “Old World”) all is fine.  😃

Edited by Melbar

1 hour ago, Zanzou said:

The sad thing is, I would much rather field a unit converted to even look like this than field the original “helmets”. 100% no joke.

Of course, neither would be the promised pointy aelf or my style but... just saying.

I'm sad too, because  if this elfs were a little bit shorter and  with long beards, they would be a lot more badass. But you know...maybe that's not what they wanted to do with them...

55 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

GW teases us with story bits of a new High Elf faction. Then we get to see 3 Units that actually look like really well re-imagined High Aelves (Spearmen, Riders, Eltharion).

And then we get more Lore about how the Lumineth tried to remake the culture of Ulthuan.

I think that's the main problem. This wasn't High Elfs "remastered edition" but AoS "High Elfs". The marketing team needs to be a bit more aware of what words they are gonna use.

Edited by Beliman
grammar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Well, this new army is not  ugly but, somewhere, I'm happy to be disappointed: my wallet will at last be able to breath. Maybe that , for me, no army will mean new toy: I'm thinking about the new resin 3D printers. A full set up (printer+UV+cleaning+resin....) is around 450€ which is a GW army budget... I have all the confinement time to think about it.

22 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

I think AoS has a lot of amazing lore and system is pretty :

- Flesh-eater Courts 

- Idoneth Deepkin 

- Daughters of Khaine 

to name a few so there is a lot of work put into those faction and they are truly unique - for example Court of the Blind King is amazing world-building novel. 

What I think Age of Sigmar lacks at this moment is to establish some unique (or even bring back some old heroes) in that new setting. For example I would love more about Volturnos. Gods are cool as they just work as faction leaders more then actual gods, but I want some other characters to be fleshed out - underworld helps as those warbands stories are more personal. 

I think one of the coolest parts about entering a new universe at pretty much the ground level is seeing these characters and factions develop.  

Ill admit its slow but over the last couple years we have gotten a lot of good lore with the Soul Wars and following campaign books.  I cant wait till the expand and add more characters.  

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

45 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Well, this new army is not  ugly but, somewhere, I'm happy to be disappointed: my wallet will at last be able to breath. Maybe that , for me, no army will mean new toy: I'm thinking about the new resin 3D printers. A full set up (printer+UV+cleaning+resin....) is around 450€ which is a GW army budget... I have all the confinement time to think about it.

Do ventilate really good now you're cooped up at home.

1 hour ago, Melbar said:

I think Old World will more suit your taste and as long as you can enjoy the sky dwarves and the Citiy Troops (Cities of Sigmar are very “Old World”) all is fine.  😃

I'm not sure. The first thing we saw already has magic nonsensical weapons.

Sure, the design of the women is quite good, but the weapons are at AoS level.

I'm also unsure about the longevity of Cities. It has no Warcry, no Underworlds, no new sets, and hardly any mention.

We'll have to see.

5 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Speaking of pictures, they released this here on Facebook. In case some people haven't seen it. They were not ****** around when they called the two-handed hammer a "World Hammer". 

90817186_1295006360696154_7475212977495343104_o.jpg

Cowper of Secrets (Keeper of Moocrets?) aside, I actually really like the Aelfish stuff I have to say.

I identified the move away from classical Greek influence to a War of 3 Kingdoms/East Asian aesthetic at the original reveal as obviously being a big influence on the Lumineth, and I'm pleased they went all out with that side of things. As with the Namarti I'm all for GW evolving through established Tolkienesque fantasy archetypes and going for something completely different to what came before. I still find the general lore in AOS to be very imprecise and abstract but the visual narrative in the races themselves and the stories that they tell through how they look is superb.

It's also enjoyable to see a robust and extensive interpretation of Enlightenment and progress which isnt tied to a western Classical Antiquity or Renaissance influence in a Warhammer race. Real world Monocultural influence in most " Order" factions was definitely a weakness of the Old World and I'm glad they arent afraid to challenge that with AOS.

Edited by Nos
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

what was that part about Ulthuan? Why are these even called aelves!? Why were we teased with new high aelves just to be shown the middle finger with something that‘s totally not even their aesthetic anymore? Imo that was a pretty mean deception towards us as customers.

That part I dont get. How can that be interpreted as being "mean"? You said yourself, 3 of the units are pretty standard elf aesthetic (Archers, Riders, Spearmen).

Are they mean for not fitting your specific expectations? They are high elves in theme and in large parts of the style, they just put the usual AoS spin on it. Plus, we havent even seen all of them yet. 

If they are not to your taste, thats perfectly fine. I like them, but thats entirley my opinion.  
But I hate it whenever people act like GW is out to get them. 

Edited by Gecktron
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

That part I dont get. How can that be interpreted as being "mean"? You said yourself, 3 of the units are pretty standard elf aesthetic (Archers, Riders, Spearmen).

Are they mean for not fitting your specific expectations? They are high elves in theme and in large parts of the style, they just put the usual AoS spin on it. Plus, we havent even seen all of them yet. 

If they are not to your taste, thats perfectly fine. I like them, but thats entirley my opinion.  
But I hate it whenever people act like GW is out to get them. 

You Sir do not understand figures of speech and it does not seem like you understood what I said at all. 

but that‘s fine by me. 

cheers

jack

• Confused 5

So any guesses for this Saturday other than more aelves and possibly giants (tho I don't think we'll see them until what would have been warhammerfest)

New bloodbowl team?

Next battlebox?

New campaign book? 

Something completely out of left field?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DantePQ said:

raging about them. 

Rage against Moochine

16 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

New "Mega"boss....?

Since new aelf aesthethic is so well recieved they will milk it some more and it will be new Megaboss on Moocrasha😉

• Haha 7

57 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

So any guesses for this Saturday other than more aelves and possibly giants (tho I don't think we'll see them until what would have been warhammerfest)

New bloodbowl team?

Next battlebox?

New campaign book? 

For AoS, I don't think we'll see more Lumineth unless it's part of a battlebox, which is not too unlikely, a lot of new armies have gotten battleboxes recently. We're also about due for a battlebox with the last one coming out two months ago.

I think some kind of teaser for Sons of Behemet is almost certain, personally, but we'll see.

New Campaign book also seems likely, but could just as easily be next reveal show.

I don't think we'll see anything new for Underworlds or Warcry until May.

28 minutes ago, madmac said:

For AoS, I don't think we'll see more Lumineth unless it's part of a battlebox, which is not too unlikely, a lot of new armies have gotten battleboxes recently. We're also about due for a battlebox with the last one coming out two months ago.

I think some kind of teaser for Sons of Behemet is almost certain, personally, but we'll see.

New Campaign book also seems likely, but could just as easily be next reveal show.

Ben Johnson all but confirmed more Lumineth next week on twitter.1247718329_Screenshot_20200330-2232462.png.633b6604b36be4cea329f09cc9db567c.png

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

Oh here's hoping! One more surprise mountain unit or a hook into the next culture would be fantastic.

Just now, madmac said:

Yeah, we already got some amazing reveals between the Ironjawz, Khainites and the gorgeous Scions.

It does make me wish they'd give us back Warhammer Quest, they're just doing rule & scenario add-ons now from the looks of it so 40k's time with it should be over until they release a new adventure.

Let us have it now and a quest with new  models and lore. Excelsis as it prepares for Gordrakk, the gruesome new Boneforts at Eight-points as chaos & undead battle it out or the heroic spirit continent/city of Hallost in Shyish that's being devoured by the Nadir, Silver Tower 2.0 in the Chamon Aether war as Kharadron attack the flying towers. There's all kinds of choices right now with the action everywhere. :D

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 3

Brace yourself, Seraphon faq is out.

Major surprise for me is that they chose to make the bastiladon unrendable until he is bracketed

" An unmodified save roll of a 1 always fails. When a save roll is modified by the Rend characteristic of an attack, it can never be modified to less than 1. When a model has a Save characteristic of 1+, modified save rolls of 1 are successfully saved. This means, while the Bastiladon has a Save characteristic of 1+, only unmodified save rolls of 1 will inflict damage regardless of the Rend characteristic of the weapon used for the attack." 

Edited by azdimy

7 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I‘ve been thinking about why these aelves bother me so much. So I‘ll share my opinion one last time and then let the topic rest:

GW teases us with story bits of a new High Elf faction. Then we get to see 3 Units that actually look like really well re-imagined High Aelves (Spearmen, Riders, Eltharion).

And then we get more Lore about how the Lumineth tried to remake the culture of Ulthuan.

The next release is suddenly rather weird and very Arabic (Teclis).

Then the whole faction makes a 180 degree turn and suddenly is tibethan and Chinese.

And then they build giant Cow spirits!?

what was that part about Ulthuan? Why are these even called aelves!? Why were we teased with new high aelves just to be shown the middle finger with something that‘s totally not even their aesthetic anymore? Imo that was a pretty mean deception towards us as customers.

I‘d like the cow spirit in pretty much any other army, it‘s a good model. If they‘d just said: Well, here‘s a new faction and they‘re not even aelves but cow people so we can expand our business more towards the Asian market. That‘d be fine. But don‘t tease your customers with new somewhat high aelves just to show them the middle finger and Kick them out of the door with the final message „High Aelves are dead, fool, what were you thinking?“

that‘s my last word on this

They probably did this just to watch guys on boards like this go crazy with all the bitching and moaning they’re doing. So you don’t like their design, where does it say you have to buy them?

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

New bloodbowl team?

Next battlebox?

New campaign book? 

I think  we'll get a teaser for the Sons this weekend and the reveal at the Warhammerfest Previews.

1 hour ago, madmac said:

I believe the Sons teaser will also be this weekend. All the words describing the event have been plays on Giant in some way or another so I'm expecting a teaser, hopefully.

1 hour ago, azdimy said:

Major surprise for me is that they chose to make the bastiladon unrendable until he is bracketed

" An unmodified save roll of a 1 always fails. When a save roll is modified by the Rend characteristic of an attack, it can never be modified to less than 1. When a model has a Save characteristic of 1+, modified save rolls of 1 are successfully saved. This means, while the Bastiladon has a Save characteristic of 1+, only unmodified save rolls of 1 will inflict damage regardless of the Rend characteristic of the weapon used for the attack." 

They also didn't answer the ambiguity about the Skink Chief on Stegadon general in Thunderlizard. Skink Chief on Stegadon states that command traits and artefacts only affect the rider, but the Thunderlizard command trait says that it only affects the mount and not the rider. I'd guess that RAI is that it works, but RAW I'm not so sure.

Bastiladons will be a nightmare for any army that has poor access to mortal wounds, but that's not really all that many armies. 

EDIT: also, for thunderquake temple/star host the list specifies an EOTG/Stegadon w/ Skink Chief, and 2 Stegadons/Bastiladons in any combination. That's the specific warscroll Stegadon, not the keyword Stegadon, but technically the Skink Chief on Stegadon is part of the Stegadon warscroll. It's not even a subheader, they just share the warscroll right-out. Would it be legal to include a Skink Chief on Stegadon as one of the two "Stegadons or Bastiladons in any combination"? If not, is there a specific rule somewhere that I can reference?

Edited by swarmofseals

1 hour ago, azdimy said:

That's just awfully convoluted. I don't like that line of thinking.

• Like 1

To be fair, the FAQ is just clarifying how the core rules have always worked, it just didn't really come up before now.

Also keep in mind, the old Bastiladon had an unrendable 3+ save, easy access to re-rolling all failed saves, no degrading profile, and a 5+ shrug vs mortal wounds. The new bastalidon is honestly still a downgrade defensively compared to what it used to be.

• Like 3

Update from GW regarding print-on-demands made before they closed

Thank you for placing your order for The Ratmen and All Their Vile Kin. We wanted to get in touch with you today regarding your order, and let you know what is going on with the Print on Demand process. As you can imagine, in light of the COVID-19 outbreak, and the steps Games Workshop has taken to protect its customers and staff, this is not quite as straightforward as we would normally like.

First of all, your order is in our system and is perfectly safe and secure - and we aim to process it just as soon as things are back to normal. 

At the moment the plan is for these books to be shipped out to you as soon as we can, just as soon as we get the all clear from the government that our staff can return to work safely.

We appreciate that this may change your situation somewhat, so if you would like to discuss making any changes to your order in terms of delivery, please let us know right away and we will see what we can do for you.

• Thanks 1

On 3/28/2020 at 4:14 PM, Athrawes said:

This!

Also don’t leave out the kadaii destroyer from chaos dwarves or the bale Taurus. 

There is nothing overtly slaaneshii in the choice of a bull or oxen as an animal spirit.

@Nos just because you choose to discount the slaaneshi design influences in the new daughters of Khaine doesn’t mean they aren’t there. Morathi wasn’t a snake monster before slaanesh swallowed her, that’s just how she looks after eons of torture inside slaanesh. And slaanesh has more of a serpentine inspiration than a bovine one which has only ever been seen on the keeper of secrets and then, only on one of several head options. 

Fulgrim is a snake monster man in 40k too. Not a bovine one. Closest thing might be a "naga" from Warcraft or Japanese myth. 

23 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

That‘s not the case. I can paint old Empire units, dwarves and High Elves with the same color scheme and they‘ll look like they belong together. Yet you can easily see that they‘re too different.

This range is the exact same. The only good units of this faction are the riders and Eltharion (which look like they belong to the same army). The rest is a mess of a incoherent design. 
Yet I do not think GW is really that bad at designing to really make a mistake like that, which is why I expect more Tyrionic models with the Rider and Eltharion style and alternative heads for both archers and spearmen. This way you‘d have a equal core for both sub-cultures.

Though if that is not the case then this design is an objective fail. Yes some might like it, some might not yet that doesn‘t change that it’s technically a bad design of a magnitude GW has never done it across an entire army. It‘d be like Namartii wearing pot-helmets while everyone else wears an almost Corinthian helmet and the king wears a jester‘s cap while the riders atop the Leviadon are using frying pans. - it‘s all European yet it does not work for an army that‘s supposed to look like it belongs together.

Dude, take a chill pill.  You don’t like them, don’t buy them.  Easy as that.  Take a step back and realize other people have different opinions then you. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1