The Rumour Thread

Just now, sandlemad said:

Or only some elements - stone and air, maybe - will get attention and then the others appear in future releases. Fits the GW modus operandi and isn’t wildly dissimilar to Stormcast chambers.

I think this is probably likely. Have any of their units been revealed to be dual kits yet? I’d be surprised if they didn’t have any.

17 minutes ago, madmac said:

Remember we haven't seen that veiled looking thing with the chalice yet, there's definitely more to come.

you can actually make her out in the army shot. She's between the archers and Teclis. Seems she is a single model. It also looks like she has a pet mini dragon? but to blurry to make it out

11 minutes ago, Overread said:

I freaking love the battlecow - there IS a cow level!

How can I work this model into a Diablo meme to go with my 5 Eltharions as the Angiris Council... hmmm...

3 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

I'm seeing "river" runes on her robe, but her headdress looks like the upper part of the mandala, "zenith". Notably no mountain iconography, so she's either generic or from one of the other elements.

I think this release might end up generic+mountain.

I think thats for the best. Want some room to expand into if for no other reason than it hints strongly at ongoing support for this (and already existing) factions.

Edited by mojojojo101
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

I think this release might end up generic+mountain.

I think thats for the best. Want some room to expand into if for no other reason than it hints strongly at ongoing support for this (and already existing) factions.

I'm guessing we'll get one more, then save the other two for a future release alongside Tyrion. Lumineth have 8 kits so far including these if I haven't missed any, and Ossiarch got 11 IIRC, so one more element with mage + squad + monster would be a reasonable, if large, release.

Also, the wording in the article that we had "dipped our toes" so far, and this reveal was "a bit more" implies there's at least a few more kits to be revealed.

Edited by chosen_of_khaine

There's more but who knows what's next. 

Really love the new fire faction. I can see them being a neat skirmisher unit with lots of mid range fire attacks and close combat abilities. I didn't think I'd like them in the models from what was teased so I'm really glad to say that I love them. 

Remember for those who don't know there's live previews going on on twitch and the GW community page right now

https://www.warhammer-community.com

• Like 2

With them having had a civil war and with all the rubble on the bases suggesting that they were a dying race, it's is like they put all the Old world elves stuff in the background and are now moving forward. I like that. There is enough to love for me in this range as a total High Elf fanboy. but there will be some conversion work! And that is just how I like it. I can look at this range and see how I'd like to make them my own. 

There are some really nice models in the Scions of the flame too! Looking forward to painting some OSL on them sometime in the future.

• Like 1