The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, alghero81 said:

In this period of total closure would be amazing if the Warhammer community would be sharing preview of what designs they are working on from home. I mean that part will not stop and I doubt they are ever going to share it but one can just express a desire. Old world is 3 years away, so why not sharing what they are working on for AoS?

Because the Kislev lady is awesome, and they need designs to give to CA in making WH3-TW?

True enough. I am curious what the Great horned rat has been up to with all the commotion going on in the Eight-points and now Ghur.

At one point the Skaven were planning to attack Excelsis with a castle-sized Doomwheel siege engine but the warlord in charge chose to attack a mountain riddled with fortresses long contested between Stormcasts and Brayherd instead for his own stronghold.

Besides that they have a lot of other activities in the realm of beasts be it infesting the Dreadworm cities or attacking the Deepkin there with hordes of converted leviathans and rickety subs. So Skaven could be a possible new focus since Archaon is dealing with Katakros' invasion elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

...except that in our poor mortal real world, they don't float at all over our tabletop battlefields (or maybe I didn't eat enough mushrooms 😛 )

Magnet underneath the table and in the Obelisk. Super awesome floaty terrain if you ever get the balance right.

mind you, nudge the table and the obelisk is launched like a javelin 😂

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Kramer said:

Magnet underneath the table and in the Obelisk. Super awesome floaty terrain if you ever get the balance right.

mind you, nudge the table and the obelisk is launched like a javelin 😂

Or just hang it with a thin (pretty much invisible) nylon thread stuck to the ceiling (but here, wifey will enter in a fury and put the obelisk "somewhere" as a suppository.. 🥵 )

Edited by GeneralZero
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

49 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Or just hang it with a thin (pretty much invisible) nylon thread stuck to the ceiling (but here, wifey will enter in a furry and put the obelisk "somewhere" as a suppository.. 🥵 )

In a furry? Really? 
And that’s what’s she then does with the obelisk. Quite the quarantine you’re having 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Unfortunately I think the rule of thumb for now should be any expected updates should be held off for a while longer.

Just now, gronnelg said:

So... Those are the chains holding Slaanesh, right? We can even see his claw. 
That's pretty cool. I wonder if those obelisks will be a Lumineth scenery piece? Wonder what they'll do

Indeed and the chains even gave Archaon a tough time when he was trying to free Slaanesh during the Wrath of the Everchosen campaign.

On the Lumineth obelisks part, I think they'll end up Endless Spells for summoning smaller versions channeled from the void ones to inhibit armies (and possibly chain down monsters in prep for Sons) due to the obelisks themselves being insanely massive, if you zoom in on the picture that's cropped from you can see hints of structures around their bases similar to what's built on the bigger penumbral  engines.(Teclis likes to build big like the other gods)

AoSFPLore-May14-OrbCity3ujs-846x685.jpg

They could still get a downsized version but seeing how the Hysh & geomancy focus is about communing with the spirits i'm betting the Lumineth will get something more like the Hysh structures we've seen in the artwork and are meant to enhance their aetherquartz and thus their own magical abilities.

Edited by Baron Klatz

I`m loving the Kislev preview, but for the me the most exciting thing out of this is the realization that GW is planning on producing new models for the Old World. I had seen the new maps and desire to build a new game system, but I thought that they would mostly try to leverage existing model lines (if they did I missed it)

I`ve never played Warhammer pre-AoS, but I`ve been dreaming about having revisited/improved Bretonnian models. I had been crossing my fingers that GW would reinvent the army of AoS, but now it looks like more of a possibility for the Old World. I don't care really in which world they end up, if I get new Brets I'll be over the moon! I would guess that all Tomb King lovers would rejoice at that news. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

Indeed and the chains even gave Archaon a tough time when he was trying to free Slaanesh during the Wrath of the Everchosen campaign.

IMO that was poorly written.

"Oh look here is the Lumineth! Oh forget it, Mary Sue Archeon just walked in there and owned the probably most secure place in the Realm of Light offscreen!"

"Super Mario Star invulnerable Archeon" is a pretty dull plot device.

it wasn't in the realm of light, it was in the void between Hysh and Ulgu. So the Lumineth were likely weakened cut off from their realm (God-king knows what that does to the aetherquartz they need) compared to Archaon who  had chaos at his back and Slaanesh could've been empowering him to free itself.

It works(in my view anyway) that a campaign centered around him would treat him like the horrifying demi-god that destroyed hundreds of worlds, nearly conquered all the Mortal realms and defeated the gods that he is.

Thus why they are so determined to hide the prison, they know they can't hold it if chaos finds it.

Edit: thinking more on it that's the pros and cons of the prison.

Con: we have evidence from the Corebook and "Pantheon" that there's enough chaos energy out in the void to sustain daemons thus why we've seen them clawing at the edges of the realms to get in. So Archaon had daemon support and the chaos energies necessary to be a demigod juggernaut.

Pros: the void between Hysh and Ulgu offers the same natural protection that Teclis and Malerion gave Azyr by combing their magics so Tzeentch can't see what's happening in that realm. So that's why they need to keep it in that general area despite it putting them at a disadvantage if chaos finds them again.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 5