The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Souleater said:

I note that Adepticon should have started on 25th.  Given that the preview isn't until 28th I wonder if they are preparing a bit more material to pad things out for us?

Also, it is of course the usual 'Sunday' slot.

I dont know if there will be anything extra honestly, I think they've just given themselves a few days extra to get prepared for a purely online reveal rather than the show and then post to Warhammer Community.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Overread said:

You realise that they'll keep teasing and hiding Lumineth models until launch day ;) Or at least until pre-order week. That's the whole intent of stretching it out and keeping something back. GW wants YOU watching their website for the last sight of the model so that you're there and ready to be tempted to order. 

They never do this -  whole ranges are revelead before pre-order week. 

Daughters of Khaine, Idoneth Deepkin, OBR were revelead quite some time before pre-order week.

Edited by DantePQ
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Souleater said:

I note that Adepticon should have started on 25th.  Given that the preview isn't until 28th I wonder if they are preparing a bit more material to pad things out for us?

Also, it is of course the usual 'Sunday' slot.

They moved the preview to a time where more people are probably able to view it. Hence it now being in the early afternoon UK time instead of 3 in the morning as that means they can hit semi-reasonable viewing times across the world. Also being a Saturday, again there's more people likely not working (varying of course with the current world situation) and able to view.

• Like 3

To be honest they've never been great. The best Lowdown articles were the first one, which gave us some basic lore, and I guess the 4th one which at least teased some unrevealed models.

The rest of them have just been "look at this one model that was revealed over a month ago!" and this weeks, which is a new low.

It makes me wonder how many models are actually left for the Lumineth, given that they could reveal 3 new models at Not-Adepticon and still stretch these things out another two months with the pacing on these things.

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

Keep cool guys, this is just another blank week before 2 WE of reveals...

I am not that bothered by the meaningless article. It is the reference to hearing more 2 weeks from now that is more concerning. Surely we'll be hearing more at 1 or both of the Saturday reveals that happen before then, and this is just  reference to an article that gets into rules after we've seen the whole range.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's just info filler but I did enjoy the remarks on the realm of light being a place of higher learning and art with the beautiful carvings to reflect on top of Bonsai trees and wheat to show they're reclaiming the lands and may even point to their natural magic and elementalism healing the lands(akin to what the Sylvaneth and Wanderers do).

Which is why I found the desert base a nice touch, contrasted nicely with all the green bonsai scenery and hinted that Hysh is also a realm of rough deserts and ruins as well as the greenery and heavenly oceans of the paradise continents.

This little note from the Spires of Dawn guide always made me envision how beautiful those mystic flying islands must be.

"Glimmerfish is a species of edible fish found on the azure seas beneath the Transient Isles. They dance and leap through the air and iridescent scales sparkle in the sun."

• Like 1

So the new Warhammer Old World preview is up on WarCom and its about... Kislev?

I just went from barely interested to a lot more rather quickly...

Look at some of concept art.

P.S. A part of me can't help but think that they are generating updated Kislev art for the third chapter of Total War Warhammer.

58ebfbcf.jpg

• LOVE IT! 3

47 minutes ago, KevenM said:

So the new Warhammer Old World preview is up on WarCom and its about... Kislev?

I just went from barely interested to a lot more rather quickly...

Look at some of concept art.

P.S. A part of me can't help but think that they are generating updated Kislev art for the third chapter of Total War Warhammer.

58ebfbcf.jpg

Me 2.

do you have a Link?

I have some old metal Kislev units, i was planning on converting them into realm of Ghur hunters for Izalend but now i'll likely sell them to get these as their ice magic aesthetic fits the Mortal Realms better. (Though i'll wait to get a model size confirmation. I don't need lady midgets in a Ghurian Freeguild army xD)

Surprised this got shown off before the reveals though, since concept art is so big at Adepticon this was probably gonna be a big reveal but got downgraded to news filler.

Oh well, big Lumineth and Sons of Behemet reveals instead then. :D

I'm also hoping for a new campaign book. So much has happened between Gordrakk's and Kataros' stories that I think they should release another one this year for everything going on in the realms, especially at Excelsis.

• Like 4