The Rumour Thread

38 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I know that this is entirely baseless speculation, but I am curious if the Scions of Flame were delayed to kickstart a second season of Warcry releases. If so this could be an entirely new warcry warband which would be neat.

I am also becoming more convinced that something interesting is going on with Slaanesh and Malerion...

That would be one freaky sex tape!! 😂😂

• Haha 3

New Warscroll Battalion and new heroe for Gloomspite Gitz in the next White Dwarf

Sorry, I forgot to say that they aren't playable in Pitched Battle.

Although, in April we'll get the Legion of Tithe... so...

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

New Warscroll Battalion and new heroe for Gloomspite Gitz in the next White Dwarf

Sorry, I forgot to say that they aren't playable in Pitched Battle.

Although, in April we'll get the Legion of Tithe... so...

Great !

The Legion Of Tithe ? What is it ? (Have you a source please ?)

GW has been oddly quite about Ossiarchs - they even only got the first "how to paint" video up last week which is quite a long time off considering that they released last year. By onw you'd have thought they'd have a few looking at the different legion options from the Battletome. 

3 hours ago, Overread said:

GW has been oddly quite about Ossiarchs - they even only got the first "how to paint" video up last week which is quite a long time off considering that they released last year. By onw you'd have thought they'd have a few looking at the different legion options from the Battletome. 

Duncan left Games Workshop due to GW being a poor workplace (disclaimer: That's just what evidence appears to suggest to many of us)... after Ossiarch launched.  My guess is that Duncan was originally going to be the one responsible for painting Ossiarch, but got delayed during the transition of him leaving.

Edited by Zanzou

5 minutes ago, Zanzou said:

Duncan left Games Workshop due to GW being a poor workplace... after Ossiarch launched.  My guess is that Duncan was originally going to be the one responsible for painting Ossiarch, but got delayed during the transition of him leaving.

Has he officially stated why he left? Or is this all hearsay and high school rumours?

16 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Has he officially stated why he left? Or is this all hearsay and high school rumours?

I will tell you all that I am aware of (I'm not sure if anything has changed since then), but feel free to make up your own mind:

Very shortly before he announced he was leaving, it was stated by others that Duncan was quitting shortly due to negative issues with GW the company.  Duncan then went on twitter to confirm the rumor that he was leaving, and specifically did not say anything positive regarding GW or deny any of the hostility.  He only had positive things to say about loving what he did and the community.

In addition, consider that he is straight back to painting minis on youtube representing himself - it's safe enough to say that he did not lose interest in the job...  Considering he's doing the exact same thing that he already was doing, if GW had treated him and the company well enough.....

Edited by Zanzou
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zanzou said:

I will tell you all that I am aware of (I'm not sure if anything has changed since then), but feel free to make up your own mind:

Very shortly before he announced he was leaving, it was stated by others that Duncan was quitting shortly due to negative issues with GW the company.  Duncan then went on twitter to confirm the rumor that he was leaving, and specifically did not say anything positive regarding GW or deny any of the hostility.  He only had positive things to say about loving what he did and the community.

In addition, consider that he is straight back to painting minis on youtube representing himself - it's safe enough to say that he did not lose interest in the job...  Considering he's doing the exact same thing that he already was doing, if GW had treated him and the company well enough.....

I guess until he or GW confirms why we'll never know. It could've been down to him wanting to start his own Channel and GW not liking the idea so I could see that. Either way I look forward to Two Thin Coats.

Just now, KingBrodd said:

I guess until he or GW confirms why we'll never know. It could've been down to him wanting to start his own Channel and GW not liking the idea so I could see that. Either way I look forward to Two Thin Coats.

True.  I suppose it's only fair we let him speak for himself, I'll edit a disclaimer into my original post.  Regardless, it is weird seeing Duncan already doing tutorials for non-GW minis though, at least to my brain 😨.

1 hour ago, Zanzou said:

True.  I suppose it's only fair we let him speak for himself, I'll edit a disclaimer into my original post.  Regardless, it is weird seeing Duncan already doing tutorials for non-GW minis though, at least to my brain 😨.

I really enjoy it. I think I just love his tutorials regardless, though my brain always takes a second when he mentions a different branded paint.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xking said:

I always hate the smugness and arrogance thing about elves.  Can we get some elves who are not as*holes for once. 

It's all fine. They have to work with well known stereotypes, otherwise jokes don't work.

And GW can't make the life of all the elf haters out there meaningless, especially in a situation like we have now, hospitals etc. are already being overwhelmed as it is. Even an elf fanboy like me can't advocate for that. 

Also, the thing is pretty funny on several levels - humans paying money even for the elven emotional waste. (and without joke, this is a pretty interesting concept on a roleplaying level.)

Plus, it looks like the 4 elemental sub-factions are actually fully fledged nations. Or at least there is more than one aelf nation. 

19 hours ago, Zanzou said:

I've heard him on two podcasts since leaving being nothing but effusive about GW and his time there.

On leaving, basically said he felt it was time for a change and essentially had been mission accomplished In respect to his initial aims, and wanted to spread his wings and promote other aspects of the hobby he also enjoys.  He said in both he still believes GW make the best toy soldiers in the world and loves them.

I take his own words as being more reliable indications of what happened than total hearsay.

Edited by Nos
  • Like 11

So there’s been a lot of speculation that there’s a vampire army on the way. Has there been any actually substantiative reports, or is it all wishes at this point?  All I can think of is the blood/skull brazier from the rumor pics last week. We just got a death army with Bonereapers, I can’t imagine there’s another one before at least a chaos release

17 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

So there’s been a lot of speculation that there’s a vampire army on the way. Has there been any actually substantiative reports, or is it all wishes at this point?  All I can think of is the blood/skull brazier from the rumor pics last week. We just got a death army with Bonereapers, I can’t imagine there’s another one before at least a chaos release

Chaos is in a relatively good spot. Everyone has a home. Skaven needs new models pretty badly and so do a few other armies, But there aren't really any factions out there in the lore that aren't represented in the game and there are no models really homeless, and there are no big soupy tomes like LoN or Freecities. 

Death on the other hand, you can really easily see what they are doing.  They threw everything (besides FEC) into LoN.  Then they did Nighthaunt, pulling out anything relevant.  Then they did Bonereapers, again pulling out anything relevant. Now there's only a few good plastic kits not in one of those 3 specialized armies (ghouls, ghosts, bone constructs/fancy skeletons), and they are pretty much all Vampires/Necromancers.  Besides miniatures, this is also what is really missing from the game if you look at the lore. 

So, this is why most people suspect a vampire army coming. Not necessarily imminently, but maybe in 2-3 years. Legions of Nagash was a stop gap, but will eventually go away (too hard to balance the game with this giant book, especially since many units are also in other books)

I would say likelyhood of release of speculated armies:   Sons of Behemat > Malerion Aelves > Vampires > Grotbag Skuttlers.  I don't think that is necessarily the order we would see them in, but the likelyhood that we will see them at all over the next 2-3 years. 

• Like 5