The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Personally I hope we dont get any Gits with the Sons. That would mean every Faction in Destruction would have Greenskinz.

But you don't have to have greenskins in 2 of them, ogres and trolls.

A huge strength of AoS is the variety of army builds you can make, I love seeing fully themed and wacky armies on the table.

11 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

But you don't have to have greenskins in 2 of them, ogres and trolls.

A huge strength of AoS is the variety of army builds you can make, I love seeing fully themed and wacky armies on the table.

Of course you can choose to not field them but Gnoblars are still with Ogors.

I love themed and wacky armies as well but I think we should also have individual armies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deepkin said:

I thought Scions of the Flame, personally.

I think scions of flame is a solid guess. The bindings holding the skull to the stick appear to be cordage, that fits with more of a AOS theme than 40k, where I would expect to see bolts and such

Doesn't look very... flamey. Scions of the Flame doesn't seem impossible but I would have expected something on fire or with a burning brazier. Also Spire Tyrants aside, the Warcry warbands tend to avoid large scale explicit chaos iconography like this.

Not Sons of Behamat, much too obviously chaotic, even if it was looted. 

Some new chaos thing certainly. It's pretty low-tech but I could see that working for some sort of traitor guardsman or mutant, maybe an expansion of the dudes they've put out for Blackstone Fortress.

Edited by sandlemad

3 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Aren't Sons of Behemats from chaos? destruction? what else? (not trolling, I dunno)

A lot of speculation is Giants, as there is an older warscroll for Giants which is Behemats.

I am swinging more towards Chaos Dwarfs. They are a legal army for AOS but all models are very old or forgeworld. Maybe they have made them in plastic and releasing an updated book and new options to purchase.

Looking fowards to seeing new stuff either way

3 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

Aren't Sons of Behemats from chaos? destruction? what else? (not trolling, I dunno)

The Alliance itself hasnt been confirmed but theres a good bet that itll be Destruction and rightly so. Nothing says Destruction like Gargants and Destruction is the most empty Alliance.

3 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

A lot of speculation is Giants, as there is an older warscroll for Giants which is Behemats.

I am swinging more towards Chaos Dwarfs. They are a legal army for AOS but all models are very old or forgeworld. Maybe they have made them in plastic and releasing an updated book and new options to purchase.

Looking fowards to seeing new stuff either way

Its 100% Gargants. The Old World announcement teased something Giant Coming to the Mortal Realms. And theres been a few Rumour Engines that definitely look Giant in scale. Not to mention the Sons are already established as literally being Gargants and children of the World Titan Behemat.

I know that this is entirely baseless speculation, but I am curious if the Scions of Flame were delayed to kickstart a second season of Warcry releases. If so this could be an entirely new warcry warband which would be neat.

I am also becoming more convinced that something interesting is going on with Slaanesh and Malerion...