The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I would absolutely love ANY female Dwarf mini's.  

Modern D&D, Warcraft, Dragon Age and plenty of other franchises have shown you can pull off Female Dwarves. 

Be it part of a new Faction, Auric Runemother's or Female Kharadron characters. 

Yeah, there are plenty of examples of tasteful and believable dwarf females, and they feature in books and lore quite a bit, just not in models.

With a Grimnir and Grungni faction already there, there is a third major Dwarf goddess to be explored, which I think could make for an interesting faction. I suspect the Disposessed will stay just allies and cities, and am interested in what they'll do with a new faction.

Looking at her attributes, Ghyran would be a logical choice, though her aspects may shift away from the stereotypical female goddess of agriculture and brewing toward her warlike and/or scholastic sides. She is credited with creating runic script, after all.

I suspect neither Aqshi or Chamon will be the primary places for her (as they already have dwarves), and I don't feel any Ulgu, Ghur or Shyish in the description. That leaves Azyr, Hyish or Ghyran.

Azyr might have fit for Kharadron, but not Valaya, Hyish would be delving quite a bit into the scholastic side, while  Ghyran is more fitting with her brewing and agricultural side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

I would think the Kharadron still are Grungni's dwarves, as seen by the Gaze of Grungni attack by the Endrinmaster. Even though the Kharadron don't really do gods anymore.

I'd sooner put my faith in Valaya. There are references to an all female temple guard in the old world, and it would provide a new angle to existing dwarves.

But then, my braids have been longer than my beard, so maybe that's just my wishful thinking.

There’s a bit of lore in the newer fyreslayer’s book that Grungni  is believed to be “crafting something wondrous that will unify his scattered children” in a new stronghold in chamon. On the same page there’s also mention of reunification talks (duardrazhal) so there’s a couple of directions they could take duardin, albeit likely many years off. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

But more Online Previews scheduled ! At least that.

Between March and May we'll at least 4 of them which is a bit of a consolation for the cancellations.....

19 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

It is the saddest like button I had to click. Appreciate all the effort they are doing to compensate the global crisis. A real bummer as Warhammer fest has always been the best event I attended every year  (and in some cases the only one).

Edited by alghero81

On 3/15/2020 at 11:15 AM, KingBrodd said:

Perhaps even to tie in the Lumineth, Excelsis is on the verge of collapse but the Realm Lords arrive and fend off the Waaagh leaving the city standing but a shadow of its former self.

I am ok with Gordrakk’s invasion being fended off by just about anyone - except elves.  Especially elves fronted by Teclis - the most incompetent buffoon in both the old and new world.

Seriously.  Anyone but elves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

@Skabnoze You mean the guy that almost saved the Old World with his plan, and was only undone by Mannfred's treachery?  The guy that almost succeeded where Sigmar pretty much failed?  That incompetent guy?

I mean he did that all in the name of his Elf Goddess Waifu who was also just as incompetent

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

But more Online Previews scheduled ! At least that.

Between March and May we'll at least 4 of them which is a bit of a consolation for the cancellations.....

I feel for GW at the moment, not financially but more of the PR and Marketing building the hype for these events and showcases. That being said I commend GW for how they're handling the situation.

I think that article needs updating - the Hysh Aelves are confirmed now and Slaanesh has a formal army now, though I'd agree that Slaanesh is very due for a "mortal followers" addon to the army to be released in bits or en-mass at "some point" . Plus there's at least two forces "missing." One is the Skaven using Airships, which I think got a Clan name mentioned. Another is the "undersea" Sylvaneth who made use of nyads, seaserpents and mermaids - they feature in one of the Inferno collected short stories. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Azyr is not safe  ;)

"The Hammer God’s the only one still worth fightin’. He’s a proppa warrior. Proppa enough to earn the respect of Gorkamorka. But time’s changed,’ Gordrakk’s eyes narrowed as he gripped his axes tighter. ‘Now da Hammer God hides up in the stars. He’s forgotten who he was. But I know. I can kick over every one of his precious little cities. I can duff up the biggest and ’ardest of his champions. I can grind these realms to dust beneath me boot. But I ain’t never gonna be satisfied until I can get at the git that fought Gorkamorka to a standstill.’ The hulking orruk shook his head. ‘I ain’t gonna be satisfied until I’ve had a crack at the Hammer God.’

[....... ]

‘Hammergord, fer the Hammer God. If he won’t come and fight me, then I won’t give him the choice. I’ll smash up his poncy empire. I’ll break down the gate to his star-realm myself if I gotta. I’ll crush everything in my way until there’s just me, an’ him. The Great Green God and the Hammer God. And then we’ll see who’s best.’

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ashendant said:

Here are a few of the Hinted factions that we found in the game.

https://ageofsigmar.lexicanum.com/wiki/Lexicanum:_Hinted_factions

I see these mentioned factions not as hints to come but as inspiration of what you can do.

Grotbag scuttlers are already a thing, convert a khardron army.

Underwater sylvaneth are already a thing, convert some deepkin.

Of course it's not beyond the realm of possibility that these will be released but I think it's more an inspiration thing.

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I see these mentioned factions not as hints to come but as inspiration of what you can do.

Grotbag scuttlers are already a thing, convert a khardron army.

Underwater sylvaneth are already a thing, convert some deepkin.

Of course it's not beyond the realm of possibility that these will be released but I think it's more an inspiration thing.

While I agree with you about the Sylvaneth, I am very dubious about the Grotbag Scuttlers being meant to just be conversion bait. Unlike most everything else mentioned or hinted at, Grotbat Scuttlers actually are capitalized as proper nouns and called as such all the way since Kharadron 1.0, and have been mentioned in Gloomspite and the new Kharadron 2.0 battletome as well. The reason I feel strongly that they are a planned faction is because the last faction that was mentioned in a book with capitalization in the middle of a sentence was Idoneth Deepkin in the Daughters of Khaine book, and we know what came of that. Basically, if they were just meant to be goblin sky pirates, they probably would have just mentioned them as "grot sky pirates" or other such descriptions instead of the exact same faction name every time, capitalization and all.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Overread said:

I think that article needs updating - the Hysh Aelves are confirmed now and Slaanesh has a formal army now, though I'd agree that Slaanesh is very due for a "mortal followers" addon to the army to be released in bits or en-mass at "some point" . Plus there's at least two forces "missing." One is the Skaven using Airships, which I think got a Clan name mentioned. Another is the "undersea" Sylvaneth who made use of nyads, seaserpents and mermaids - they feature in one of the Inferno collected short stories. 

Mermaids you say?

Well now I want that faction...

6 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I'm all for them being a faction, the models would be amazing.

I still think we'll see some sort of goblins with the Sons. Thinking about it, the idea of goblins flying ships to talk/worship/feed the giants really appeals to me 😂

Personally I hope we dont get any Gits with the Sons. That would mean every Faction in Destruction would have Greenskinz.