The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

The army is super fresh: I'm suspecting GW going full production rate on this one to make a big stock. 

Don't worry, you'll get the stegs next week or the week after.

Not that simple. GW has been production bottlenecked for years. Producing one thing means not producing something else.

Think about this:
A mangler squigs kit is 1 big sprue of plastic, MSRP $80
A stegadon is 2 big sprue of plastic, MSRP $60. 
GW can produce X sprues per day. 

If you're low/out of stock on both, which do you produce during a fixed time period? 1000 stegadons or 2000 mangler squigs (I'm not sure how these machines / their production works, but you get the idea).  

Stegadon is actually pretty great value based on the number of sprues, compared to the last several years of GW releases.  It's less efficient for them to produce, and as a public company they have an obligation to their shareholders to maximize profits. 

They'll get to it when they get to it.  Skaven stuff was out of stock for months when that tome released. 

3 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Razordon with 1 wound seems...very strange? Even gryph hounds have 3 apiece

If you take a unit in has 3 skink handlers with 1 wound and 1 razordon which has 3 wounds instead as far as I can see

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, michu said:

@Grimrock Hysh is not only a realm of light but also of enlightement and revelation. It's and embodiment of truth, purity and wisdom. People of Hysh are seeking knowledge and are masters of arcane arts. To summarize: yes, Hysh is a realm of magic and Teclis is a god of magic.

Well, I mean truth purity and wisdom could lead to all sorts of ends besides just magic. It's certainly a component, but I don't think that qualifies Teclis as the literal god of magic. I guess it doesn't really matter, but people shouldn't get their hopes up that he'll be the best caster ever and then get disappointed if Nagash is still stronger or whatever. GW has pushed the envelope pretty hard on nagash, I have trouble believing that teclis will be flat better at magic and honestly I don't want to see what that would even look like. 

30 minutes ago, Grimrock said:

Well, I mean truth purity and wisdom could lead to all sorts of ends besides just magic. It's certainly a component, but I don't think that qualifies Teclis as the literal god of magic. I guess it doesn't really matter, but people shouldn't get their hopes up that he'll be the best caster ever and then get disappointed if Nagash is still stronger or whatever. GW has pushed the envelope pretty hard on nagash, I have trouble believing that teclis will be flat better at magic and honestly I don't want to see what that would even look like. 

Teclis just needs to have better spells if he is 4lvl caster with  +2/3 to cast and access to some awesome spells it would be quite enough. Problem with Nagash is that he doesn't have many quality spells to really take advantage of so many casts (unless you're playing with Realm Spells)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

I forgot but isn’t Tyrion the actual incarnate of light (Hysh) and Teclis is just a regular god that helps me be his eyes?

or are they sharing the spot.

because there’s a power difference between incarnate and regular god 

Tyrion was the one bonded to the Wind of Light in the End Times.  That said, it was trying to contain three of the Winds and once that caused Teclis to go Boom!  I think Tyrion is officially the Lord of Lumination, but Teclis is very definitively linked to Tyrion, and I've seen a couple references to them as the Twin Lords of Light.

5 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

The only „bad“ unit I can see concerning the new Seraphon is the Saures knights.

(Warscrolls Are online on the Australian Page)

Not even that bad. 7 attacks per model (for coalesced Seraphon), with a 4+ save and 2 wounds is not that bad for 100p for 5. 

So whats the current advantage of starborne, coalesced have all the good stuff.

With the skink's golden ability gone , summoning nerfed and teleport after movement what else is there for starborne?

Edited by Ivo

Skinks are most certainly not dead. 40 wounds with a 5+ save (assuming you use bucklers) for just under 250 points is nearly as efficient defensively as Clanrats. Arm them with Boltspitters, buff them with a Starpriest and Priest and that unit is putting out 80 shots at 4+ to-hit, 5+ to-wound with unmodified 6s to-wound dealing mortal wounds in addition to normal damage, all from 16" away PLUS 80 melee attacks that also deal mortals!

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@JackStreicher @Grimrock GW calls him Mage God from time to time (for example in his reveal piece on WC). He is not a god of Light Magic, but of Enlightenment.

Now that is a bit different from a God of Magic, but he was also already one of the best mages while he was alive. Teclis was always about magic, they also made him the most powerful magic model in the rules in the past. Around 7th edition maybe.  

In the Stormcast Eternals BT, they also gave us a direct comparison of Sigmar, Teclis and Nagash:  .... “for Sigmar was a warrior at heart, not a supreme sorcerer like his distant ally Teclis, or a master of spirits like his rival god Nagash.” (page 10 for the context).

Teclis also managed to lessen the effect of the Necroquake in Hysh. And Hysh is associated with magical power as Michu says (not only light magic). They mention that too. In Warhammer Fantasy Light Magic was also the most difficult to master among the 8 winds (in the fluff, not mechanically). They brought that over somewhat with Hysh’s Realmstone only becoming available for magicians to use after Teclis thought them how to. Before it could not be harvested like all the others. 

That said, “most powerful” can mean all kind of things, and even Teclis fanboys like myself probably won’t care if he can’t cast as many spells as Nagash. He should be a great manipulator of magic, that could mean something like better at dispelling, or as he is often about empowering others, maybe all magic users in his army perform better when he is on the table, or something with endless spells like with the Slann. Many ways to make him “the best” without taking away Nagash spell battery crown. I just hope they do something interesting with him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ivo said:

So whats the current advantage of starborne, coalesced have all the good stuff.

With the skink's golden ability gone , summoning nerfed and teleport after movement what else is there for starborne?

I'm wondering if the skink retreat ability has become an allegiance ability like clanrats horde bonus did. To discourage soup and whatnot.

8 hours ago, Verminlord said:

I'm wondering if the skink retreat ability has become an allegiance ability like clanrats horde bonus did. To discourage soup and whatnot.

There is a subfaction specific command ability that lets you retreat one unit in the enemy charge phase, but overall no, the retreat ability is not there.

Apparently Starborn and Coalesced have different battalion abilities, though I'm still not sure that's enough to make Starborne viable.

Either way Skinks are definitely not dead, if anything I think they are still easily the superior half of the book. Skinks have better heroes, better monsters, powerful flyers, (better traits and artifacts also, apparently) and skink clouds are still highly dangerous with the mortal wounds ability on the Starpriests.

Saurus Builds concentrating on Warriors/Knights should be viable, but Guard and Carnosaurs are still looking highly mediocre at best, and pretty much all the Saurus Heroes are just kinda weirdly bad at fighting for being ostensibly combat heroes.

2 hours ago, Ivo said:

Do we know if dread saurian was scrapped?

What would make you ask? It's still for sale. .  It is still legal because it still has points and the seraphon keyword. GW battletomes do not touch on forgeworld models. The warscroll or points probably need updating but I really doubt it is going anywhere .It'd be a big slap in the face Just keep it on the slightly unplayable side and people will be happy. 

3 hours ago, sorokyl said:

What would make you ask? It's still for sale. .  It is still legal because it still has points and the seraphon keyword. GW battletomes do not touch on forgeworld models. The warscroll or points probably need updating but I really doubt it is going anywhere .It'd be a big slap in the face Just keep it on the slightly unplayable side and people will be happy. 

There has been a lot of clearing of AoS Forgeworld models, and I don't think I've seen the Dread Saurian in the pictures.